Jack Monroe #329 Pooroboros

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey people. I’m new to this thread after being so curious about why this was always top thread… all I have to say is what the eff is wrong with this woman? I hate victims so much. People who constantly address their “issues” and use them as a shield against their disgusting behaviour isn’t good.

She clearly loves herself a bit too much. The fact that there are all these posts about her and people constantly discussing her probs turns her on. Definitely the most attention she gets from anyone.

ANYWAY, my question is for a newb.. which threads have the most action? I have already lurked on her posts on here. Any that you totally recommend me going back and looking at, any involving drama or when something good happened bc I need direction. Fanks
Thread 31 - Jack comes to Tattle to clear her name

Threads 46-50 - Jack's cultural odyssey in Edinburgh

Threads 119-126 - Jack has multiple Christmas chaoses, including long/short Covid and the worst Xmas Dinner ever published in the medium of print

Thread 132 - I can't quite remember what exactly happened in this one but Jack made an epic tit of herself, as per

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
The halcyon days of Easter came into my head this morning. Remember the not filtered photo with the pastel jumper on? She deleted that post I think, but when looking for it I pumbled stumbled across this happy post when OH was covering placemats in foil for her:
View attachment 1370653View attachment 1370654
Is this when she also had mini eggs or something and wrapped every one individually in foil? Or am I imagining this?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 31
A squig pointed out on Twitter that too many people are doing poverty shops for £20-30 and not being honest about the cost of food. I can only agree.

Jack needs to be honest about what it costs to feed herself and her pets on a budget plus have spare stuff for SB when he visits. I doubt she’d get much change from £50 if not more.

my cats get through £15-20 of food a week. I don’t buy the basics as it doesn’t get eaten but it’s still only Felix “as it looks”.

She only has one cat but she’s added a puppy which will have high energy needs. She’s not spending just £20 a week.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
A squig pointed out on Twitter that too many people are doing poverty shops for £20-30 and not being honest about the cost of food. I can only agree.

Jack needs to be honest about what it costs to feed herself and her pets on a budget plus have spare stuff for SB when he visits. I doubt she’d get much change from £50 if not more.

my cats get through £15-20 of food a week. I don’t buy the basics as it doesn’t get eaten but it’s still only Felix “as it looks”.

She only has one cat but she’s added a puppy which will have high energy needs. She’s not spending just £20 a week.
The £20 definitely relies on her already having loads of store cupboard ingredients. Also surely with prices going up £20 would be buying her far less now.

Reactions: 43
The £20 definitely relies on her already having loads of store cupboard ingredients. Also surely with prices going up £20 would be buying her far less now.
Indeed.
I was thinking about the squid who asked her yesterday how much her shop would be if she didn’t have the stocked store cupboard and she replied with “still £20”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Precisely this. It’s like saying ‘I’m still only putting £20 of petrol in my car’ without realising or acknowledging that it gets you much less than it used to.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
And now I can’t get the tune of Electric Avenue out of my head “Potatoes 2, electric boogaloo”
Aww don't, I'll have an earworm for days 🤣...
Morning all 👋
All bets are ON/OFF for the Glasto appearance in about an hour. I've been hooting at your festival memories x

• Haha
Reactions: 21
597F2C47-0021-4569-A709-37CD17433208.jpeg
Are you aware of Jack’s body of work, Silly Squig? Samsung, Superdrug, Sainsburys, Asda, Del Monte, Helman’s, Twitter. Just a few of the names Jack has been paid to represent

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
I'm going to bet ON because Glasto is too much of a big deal for her ego to miss. Especially since Billy Bragg has been hinting at a duet (she will take this seriously and assume it will be at Glastonbury).

But she'll be late and unprepared.

Reactions: 38
I hate KH with every inch of my being but she carried on even after Jacks libel trial. She was on Twitter for another 3 years (yes I have just googled and now need a wash). She really does think she’s the centre of the universe

Reactions: 50
let's be real here, jack wouldn't understand the meaning of shake it off, she's that dumb

she thinks folklore is a break-up album 😭 🤣

also, if the lakes is your 2nd fave, what's your fave? my 2nd fave is champagne problems

she pretty much said that on that virgin radio, or whatever it was, podcast a few months ago!
You’re going to think I’m as uncultured as Jack here, however my all time favourite favourite favourite is Cruel Summer. It is INSTANT serotonin at the “He looks up grinning like a devil” and I cannot wait to see it performed live! I love all of her songs though, special mention to Daylight, Lover is my favourite album if you haven’t guessed. But the lakes just gets me, its a beautiful and criminally underrated song. Kind of like champagne problems that sits there in everyone’s top list but is never quite number one. Another one I can’t wait for the bridge for!

On topic - Jack will be handing her dog back soon, there is no way she can keep up her lifestyle with a puppy. She’s soon going to realise how hard it is and it’ll be back to ‘I looked after Content as a favour to a friend”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
FTFY squig. Oh and 🚨 thread title nomination 🚨 for “Powerful ball of darkness” 😂
7F563558-EE2A-4EC8-AA4C-9A7419601BF9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
You’re going to think I’m as uncultured as Jack here, however my all time favourite favourite favourite is Cruel Summer. It is INSTANT serotonin at the “He looks up grinning like a devil” and I cannot wait to see it performed live! I love all of her songs though, special mention to Daylight, Lover is my favourite album if you haven’t guessed. But the lakes just gets me, its a beautiful and criminally underrated song. Kind of like champagne problems that sits there in everyone’s top list but is never quite number one. Another one I can’t wait for the bridge for!

On topic - Jack will be handing her dog back soon, there is no way she can keep up her lifestyle with a puppy. She’s soon going to realise how hard it is and it’ll be back to ‘I looked after Content as a favour to a friend”
She has however embellished this particular story with the ‘10 years in the planning’, which seems a tad over-the-top in preparation for a spot of dog-sitting.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
On at 12. It’s a huge site though. She may just about make it by the skin of her teeth, a scruffy, sweaty, unprepared mess. So no change there then.

If that’s her plan she’s insane.
Her popularity is so over-whelming I’ve not seen ONE squig ask her about it say how excited they’re gunna be to see Queen Jackie gal at glasto…NOT ONE

• Haha
Reactions: 45
The atmosphere used to be really great. Of course, you do have to deal with the flags and kind of tit sound for a lot of gigs. I actually think it went downhill rapidly when the mobile internet became a big thing. You were no longer cut off and in a weird little bubble. It’s now all about taking photos for your social media. People are a lot more, I dunno, self-conscious when they are there. It’s all about dressing up and showing off about being at Glasto. I’m quite happy being at home sick in bed and missing it all.
I hear you. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.