Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
According to QI if you ask a narcissist if they are a narcissist they will say yes

Ask straight up if the person is a narcissist

This is admittedly a very blunt way of dealing with the person. Ask him directly, “Are you a narcissist?” and see how he answers.

Many narcissists openly admit that they are narcissists, but they are actually proud of it too. They do this in order to brag about their egocentric exterior and hide their deep feelings of inadequacy.

John F. Tholen, PhD
I have a friend who is diagnosed with NPD and he's pretty vocal about it. It makes him interesting and unique even when he's just like the rest of us.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
So why did she ditch her Greek surname then? I don't get it.
I really don't know, but it has occurred to me that, hypothetically, if someone was once behind on their RENT, and did a moonlight flit, it might possibly be to someone's advantage to ditch their old name and legally obtain a new one. Especially if they could then jump up and down in a rage and swiftly and loudly accuse anyone who used the old name of deadnaming. (Pure supposition, M'lud). #dontsueme #ihavenobeans

• Haha
Reactions: 45
You can't have one child called Jonny and another called Hercules, Leonidas or KING 😂😂😂😂. Someone make her stop. I've given myself a stitch 😂😂😂.
I knew reading this back, and it gets funnier every time. “Oh here is my eldest, Jonny and my youngest is over by the pond … HERCULES come and say hello to dusty aunt Helen”

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Well I like to think I'd be Cool Celeb but I'm increasingly convinced something terrible happens to people when they get a blue tick.
I think if you’re already in the mindset of needing a blue tick, you already consider yourself important. So important that you worry someone might set up an unofficial account or something? Or you really need people to know that it is I, blue ticker. Anyway, it’s a weird mindset which probably accounts for most people who have blue ticks being bellends.

Technically I can get one because of my work but a) I honestly cannot be arsed because it’s an annoying process and b) I very rarely use social media because it’s stupid. All of it. Without exception.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I knew reading this back, and it gets funnier every time. “Oh here is my eldest, Jonny and my youngest is over by the pond … HERCULES come and say hello to dusty aunt Helen”
Can you imagine the face of his first teacher when Hercules Prune Monroe entered the classroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
“Hercules! Hercules! Pick up that bit of plastic on the grass and then come over here and give your old mum a foot massage - the bunions and arthritis are playing up something chronic today. Then we can all snuggle up on the sofa and listen to the Liverpool match on the wireless for a treat.”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Feel like the most negative person in the world on this thread but honestly can’t recommend setting Google alerts up for yourself enough, tbh. It’s entirely free and really useful service.

Everyone should have control on their digital footprint tbh and everyone should have the right to request things are deleted. Lots of normal non famous people work jobs where PR statements will go out with their names in, obituary sites will put ur full gov name on it for reasons unclear, etc etc. It’s better to find it the day or week of rather than 7 years down the line when you’ll struggle to get it taken down 🤷🏻‍♀️ This stuff matters especially when you’re applying for competitive jobs…

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I feel like the dog is a way to entice SB to spend more time with Jack 🤷🏻‍♀️ it's the perfect blackmail tool 🙈
Sadly I don’t think she gives a tit about how little she sees SB. She is only interested in others if it benefits her. Having said that she’ll be trying to lure him around when she realises how much work the puppy is and she can’t be arsed to do any of it.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I really don't know, but it has occurred to me that, hypothetically, if someone was once behind on their RENT, and did a moonlight flit, it might possibly be to someone's advantage to ditch their old name and legally obtain a new one. Especially if they could then jump up and down in a rage and swiftly and loudly accuse anyone who used the old name of deadnaming. (Pure supposition, M'lud). #dontsueme #ihavenobeans
If someone had a prominent and wealthy local family with a very distinctive surname, yet this person wished to pretend to be an impoverished working class starving single mum, that person might also want to do away with the aforementioned recognizable surname.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
I think the radio silence is because she knows she was a complete dick to that guy the other night. Dropped a huge bombshell and now can't just go back to posting twee photos of her dog.

Plus she has the Glastonbury problem to deal with. All I can say is her wonky puppy brain will need to figure it all out by Saturday night. How to go to a paid gig and not look like a twit for leaving a new puppy at home

Get it right up you.
I’m now lost in Jack world! Last I checked she’d deactivated for like 3 minutes…

who was she a dick to?

the puppy is gorgeous so WHY GO TO GLASTO YOU SELFISH twit.

Reactions: 17
Hercules? Has she been listening to Cabin Pressure?

"Herc the berk?" - Douglas Richardson, Newcastle

ETA Hang on a minute. The DKL thing with the lemon.
The lemon was in play!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Combining people becoming arseholes once they achieve fame and unusual baby names, there’s definitely a phenomena of pre and post fame baby names. So you’ll have someone who pre fame with their first spouse have Emma and Luke, then they get famous, get divorced, marry a pop star or a footballer and then have Xanthippe and D’Jango.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Shes an adult though and unless she's a real risk to herself or others she won't be sectioned. She can't be forced to accept treatment unless she is sectioned. Not that I'm trying to suggest you think she will be

Quite plainly as far as I'm concerned the people responsible for much of this are her parents

They know she's a liar. They know she's been lying since the minute she's been in the public eye and nothing

They aren't to blame for every single thing she says and does, of course not but they've sat and watched her going off the rails and taking money from people based on a heap of lies.

Plus. She's been to rehab and come out worse. What treatment is going to work for her? We are talking about someone who is very mentally unstable and a compulsive liar who won't take responsibility for anything she does.

And if she has to go into rehab again that dog must be rehomed.

Loads of people have enabled this tit show. Employers. Former partners. Her agent. People who offer her work knowing what a mess she is

She also can't be forced to deactivate her twitter that will have been her choice. Police welfare visits really don't mean much. Its a case of two officers turning up at your door asking how you are. They matter when someone is in crisis.
I’m nearly intears thinking about that poor dogs future. If it’s badly trained now it will be so difficult to rehome and settle in the future 🥺😢😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I’m now lost in Jack world! Last I checked she’d deactivated for like 3 minutes…

who was she a dick to?

the puppy is gorgeous so WHY GO TO GLASTO YOU SELFISH twit.
Jack did a gushing tweet about how raising a puppy is like mothering a baby.

A squig said "no it's not". Nothing more than that.

This led to a tirade of several tweets from Fack, including the sudden claim to have recently lost several pregnancies and to just let her have joy.

The squig apologised, then Fack said she would delete the tweets to avoid a pile-on on the squig. Really, she was deleting them to cover up her shocking behaviour and massive lie.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
I still remember the greengage jam. Cooked in a slow cooker. I would say a lowpoint for Jack, but it probably wouldn't feature in the bottom 25 things shes cooked.
Do you think she gets her food-combining ideas from re-runs of The Vicar of Dibley? I knew she reminded me of someone! (Except, Letitia was delightful and everyone loved her...)

"If Delia Smith was old, mad and fantastically untalented, she'd be a little like Letitia Cropley.
Dubbed the "Queen of Cordon Bleugh" by Geraldine Granger, Letitia has given the village such delights as Marmite cakes, lemon curd with ham and cheese, and a bewildering concoction of chocolate with cod's roe. Freddy Krueger himself could scarcely serve up a more terrifying feast."
EVtmMYCXQAIu7yl.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
‘Work of a Moment’ Jack is hideous
And I think it’s a “Mom”-ism, anyway. Jack has no real personality, not really - everything she does or says is magpied from someone else’s style or story. In my opinion, anyway.

Reactions: 29
Is it just me or has the influence of Jack made anyone else completely distrust what you read from strangers on the internet? I am such a cynic now. Unless I see some sort of proof about something, I am entirely dismissive. Especially when the information is generalised and vague. And I used to be such a trusting soul too!
Yes! I know exactly what you mean, especially the bit in bold.

on topic, did we see this list of girls’ names?

AF8F4165-0D11-400D-8C7C-925C4B777945.jpeg

omg, and this…

A3485024-1483-4284-859B-DDD306F078E8.jpeg

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Oh yes Jack it would appear that you check your google alerts in the bin more than you ever check email offers of work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.