Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They give you a pass at the visitors’ entrance, don’t they? Or has it changed since autumn when I was last at an APPG? They check you’re on the list, they check ID, then assuming you’re on the list and who you say you are - and aren’t carrying a weapon - they give you your pass and let you in. (You’re supposed to wear your pass prominently once you’ve got it, otherwise you’ll be asked to put it on and gently told off for not wearing it.)
Yeah, it may surprise you to learn that she was lying.
Not just us who called her out, the parliament squigs went mental. She had a tantrum and deleted the tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack: Hey SBs dad I'd like to call him Hercules
SB's Dad: I forbid it.
Jack: Hey SB's Dad I'm going to drag SB round the streets whilst wet and keep him in a state of near starvation.
SB's Dad: Cool.
And wierdly the one thing about SB's past she regrets is his name (which seems fairly crappy in itself at his age - more undermining), which most agree is something she actually got right. Not the other appalling choices she made for him. No regrets there apparently.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I wonder if the 'remember that I'm Greek' outburst is to do with the gorgeous Greek goddess that entered the Love Island villa last night. Surely not, Jack would never lie about her inspiration for a tweet would she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Jack threads always run too fast for me to follow, so forgive my lateness, but fuuuuuck. She’s lying about miscarriages now? Miscarriages plural? Are we really supposed to believe that her and Harold were silly enough to have more than one unplanned pregnancy in their very short relationship?

Sorry, nah. She’s lying. Knowing Jack, if she’s really got a positive pregnancy test she’d be tweeting it in real time.

We all know she has extensive form for lying about things that no one would dare question her about (*cough* prostitution domestic violence etc etc) and I’m sure this is no exception.
FFS I’m glad I didn’t see the miscarriage tweets.
She knows her son is tech savvy don’t she??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t believe even Jack has posted 130 photos of her feet. Is this what her stalkers were up to?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
What about how Irish she is? Come here Hercules Padraig! Dinner time!
This is making me 🦉 🍾.

I was really partial to the idea of naming one of my kids Lysander back in the day, but my husband has an incredibly Irish surname and vetoed it for this exact reason.

• Haha
And wierdly the one thing about SB's past she regrets is his name (which seems fairly crappy in itself at his age - more undermining), which most agree is something she actually got right. Not the other appalling choices she made for him. No regrets there apparently.
I think it's really wrong that she changed her son's surname to her new surname. There was no good reason for her to change her surname in the first place, and now he has no name connection with his family.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Yes when people pointed out the ridiculousness of this scenario (here and on twitter) Jack started back pedalling frantically saying well of COURSE the correct procedures had been followed and why should she have to go into every detail. And she hadn't gone into detail for security reasons - not showing off and fibbing reasons at all.
We really need a 🙄 reaction for this board, don’t we? Given that basically everything Jack says provokes a 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Re read the Jack at Glasto with Billy Bragg Mate horror in the Guardian. A few in the comments were unimpressed.

Screenshot 2022-06-23 17.06.49.png

Screenshot 2022-06-23 17.06.32.png

Screenshot 2022-06-23 17.05.42.png

• Haha
Reactions: 76
I think it's really wrong that she changed her son's surname to her new surname. There was no good reason for her to change her surname in the first place, and now he has no name connection with his family.
Quite. Hardly respecting joint parental rights there.
You can tell she regrets rejecting her Greek name now.

Reactions: 35
I think it’s especially weird to change it when the original name has such a strong link to the family’s culture. My paternal grandfather shortened his name and anglicised it to avoid discrimination, and it sometimes makes me sad that a link to the past is gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I've finally realised why JM's Twitter silences are so unnerving. When Jack goes silent on Twitter it reminds me a lot of those scenes you always get in horror movies just before a jump scare. The axe-wielding maniac has been chasing someone, but then they're suddenly not there. It seems as though they're gone for good. The danger has passed. Everything is still and quiet. Then *SCARE CHORD* demon ghost child is standing right behind them!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the Twitter breaks and everything. It's just that I'd feel safer knowing Jack is in a place where we can see what she's up to. I don't like the dead silence before she pops up again with her anti-tory hammer, scanning the innocent squigs with her beady shark eyes.

... as long as the call's not coming from inside the house...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I’m not sure what level of fame or success I would need to achieve before I considered setting up alerts for myself, I must be honest.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.