Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried to find any mention of her speaking at the cost of living demo but the guardian article didn't mention her.

Reactions: 17
Louisa clearly went no way am I eating that shite.

Chop small small. Is that like the mash mash she cooked with the kids?

Twee berk

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Wow, I reckon you're right, which is a sad way to feel about one's ex. Is she also having a go at Sir Forearms?

Jamie Oliver - state school.
Gordon Ramsey - state school.
Andi Oliver - state school.
Miguel Barclay ???
Tom Aikens - went to professional Hotel School at 16.
Ainsley Harriot - state school.

Ruby Tandoh - Westcliff grammar.
Mom (lol) - Godolphin & Latymer, Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.
Matt Tebbutt - Rougemont school, Oxford Brookes, Leiths.
Heston Blumenthal - Latymer Upper, John_Hampden Grammar, apprenticeship.

Who else went to private school? Mary Berry? Is she pissed of at the sainted Mary? :- D

(Dang, @Readingismyhobby and @FrumpyCat got there first!)
Food-related media is full of success stories of people who worked their bollock (sausages) off to succeed. While there are a few poshos, lots of celebrity chefs didn’t do so well in school, got a job in a kitchen while young and worked their way up. Or they worked what Jack calls ‘menial’ jobs and later in life discovered a real passion which they shared with the world. Jack did neither of these things. Could you imagine her as a pot wash being yelled at by chefs? Or working insane shifts in a kitchen in sweltering heat, without being able to tweet about it or take a Dino nap?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Press pls don’t run this story - ok Madonna x she’s forgetting her 100% success rate and that she’s a poor?

4549ED2C-AEDC-4372-B0F9-456BEF5A9387.jpeg
375AAF7E-0BB5-40F8-A227-CF31FEB99150.jpeg
FC63ADD7-1A1A-47F8-AB20-692FB8AD45C0.jpeg
762B996E-98E5-4A0D-94A2-5AA859B01A24.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 94
Someone isn't a fan. Spot on
It's helpful to provide links, rather than just out-of-context screenshots, so we can get a better picture of where the comments are coming from.

In this case, the text comes from a deeply unpleasant blog here: http://howtobeacompletebastard.blogspot.com In a couple of minutes of browsing, I found plenty of racism and sexism, as well as other fucked-up views.

Not the kind of person I would want to be alongside, and wishing physical harm on Jack - as he does - is abhorrent.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Congratulations/Many thanks to the person who posted the "Book stack, book stack, book stack Jack is back" post (I could look back in the threads, but SHAN'T as I'm BUSY).

I randomly remembered that on the train 5 minutes ago and had a good laugh out loud to myself 😄. (Nobody in the carriage clapped or responded of course, it's not one of Jack's anecdotes)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
"And press, please don't run this as a story" - she really has no clue about journalism, does she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Press pls don’t run this story - ok Madonna x she’s forgetting her 100% success rate and that she’s a poor?

View attachment 1352288View attachment 1352289View attachment 1352290View attachment 1352291
Jack continuing to overestimate press interests in her garden arrangements, then.
In other news, I'm going to get the bramble trimmed tomorrow. It's a good bramble, believe I've mentioned that many times before, but I've had enough of it catching on my clothes. If you're from the press, don't even think about reporting this story, Bender's garden is PRIVATE PROPERTY

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Also, perhaps she could, very controversial I know, just ask the landlady about the why?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Out of interest, has Jack ever mentioned the Magic Eucalyptus before?
Another inanimate side character in the drama. It's like on a sitcom where a character says, "here's my cousin Jimmy, remember him?" and everyone greets him like an old friend, even though Jimmy has never been mentioned before lmaooo

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It's helpful to provide links, rather than just out-of-context screenshots, so we can get a better picture of where the comments are coming from.

In this case, the text comes from a deeply unpleasant blog here: http://howtobeacompletebastard.blogspot.com In a couple of minutes of browsing, I found plenty of racism and sexism, as well as other fucked-up views.

Not the kind of person I would want to be alongside, and wishing physical harm on Jack - as he does - is abhorrent.
I can't post a link on my phone easily, I don't use a desktop (and I have a new phone so I don't know how to do it)

I wasn't trying to suggest that I agree with the last sentence in that statement. I was referring to the comments saying she was manipulative and probably didn't express it well and absolutely he comes across as a complete walloper.

I wouldn't personally wish physical harm on anyone particularly as I was threatened with violence to my face recently and had to give a statement to police, I know how horrible it is from experience.

Reactions: 30
So in 24 hours so has admitted that she lives in a detached house with a 120 ft garden. Sounds positively destitute.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 80
I think it’s sad if completely harmless trees get cut down, however it’s none of her business why the landlord wants to do it.

Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.