Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#justsayin
Once Jack has caught up here and read that she will be shitting herself. I would put money on her not realising what she has agreed to talk about.

I am with @Mr Krabs she will have some accident, train chaos, or illness and won't show up. How can she discuss something that doesn't exist with real professionals? She will be a laughing stock.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Once Jack has caught up here and read that she will be shitting herself. I am with @Mr Krabs she will have some accident, train chaos, or illness and won't show up. How can she discuss something that doesn't exist with real professionals? She will be a laughing stock.
Or she'll say she can't attend due to rightwing threats to her safety. Or make some thinly veiled threat suggesting she knows who lurker frau is. Or make them all sign NDAs because it's her intellectual property and THAT MAN might steal it from her.

She is so ridiculous that any of those are plausible.

Which of her many appearances this summer was this?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Relax, Glaswegian Frauen - there's still a chance that our heroine will do a chaos and end up in Glasgow, Alabama or even Glasgow, Suriname(!).

Personally I'm hoping for Glasgow, Georgia. According to Wikipedia the most notable thing about this place is that it once had a post office, but it closed in 1905, so it appears to be ideal for smol pixies seeking city-adjacent getaways.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Good grief, if we're on here off and on throughout the week and are desperately unhappy, how absolutely on your knees would you have to be to spend every waking moment on Twitter?

To the point where you have various sock accounts set up, such is your addiction?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Relax, Glaswegian Frauen - there's still a chance that our heroine will do a chaos and end up in Glasgow, Alabama or even Glasgow, Suriname(!).

Personally I'm hoping for Glasgow, Georgia. According to Wikipedia the most notable thing about this place is that it once had a post office, but it closed in 1905, so it appears to be ideal for smol pixies seeking city-adjacent getaways.
The postal service will still be more efficient than Jack's one in Southend.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Thanks but no thanks, Cack. You can take your forgiveness, put it in your slow cooker and turn it into wretched slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
And surely Jack's talk on the VBI and how charities will be able to apply it will require some sort of concrete evidence? In the form of handouts or a PowerPoint slide showing it? (I have no idea if this is how 'talks' work these days 😂). But Jack vaguely waffling on about legs of lamb and champagne won't be enough. Might satisfy daft twitter people or the BBC but face to face people will expect much more surely.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Once Jack has caught up here and read that she will be shitting herself. I would put money on her not realising what she has agreed to talk about.

I am with @Mr Krabs she will have some accident, train chaos, or illness and won't show up. How can she discuss something that doesn't exist with real professionals? She will be a laughing stock.
Come now bee 🐝 you are aware of her body of work, she IS a laughing stock

• Haha
Reactions: 24
And surely Jack's talk on the VBI and how charities will be able to apply it will require some sort of concrete evidence? In the form of handouts or a PowerPoint slide showing it? (I have no idea if this is how 'talks' work these days 😂). But Jack vaguely waffling on about legs of lamb and champagne won't be enough. Might satisfy daft twitter people or the BBC but face to face people will expect much more surely.
Yes, work me would be looking for something I can use as a reference in reports etc or that my clients can access to help them budget. I honestly have no idea what the VBI is meant to do beyond prove that Jack's claim about a 344% price increase on rice was correct. I have no idea how this would benefit me as a worker or my clients as service users.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
If Jack really prefers to be city adjacent, can we assume that she will be staying in Ferguslie Park as part of the Glasgow leg of her summer “festival of bullshit”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes, work me would be looking for something I can use as a reference in reports etc or that my clients can access to help them budget. I honestly have no idea what the VBI is meant to do beyond prove that Jack's claim about a 344% price increase on rice was correct. I have no idea how this would benefit me as a worker or my clients as service users.
If it were to exist in a useful form I could see it possibly being a tool for campaigning for things like increases to the minimum wage and benefits etc. In the same way having a "living wage" figure was useful. If we can say "a basic, healthy food shop for a family of 4 using the cheapest items available has increased by x%" it's a simple figure that can focus arguments.

However deciding what that basket should contain would require a systematic methodology, not jack's old shopping lists.

It would need variations and equivalencies to allow for cultural differences etc.

It's the sort of thing someone like Jack would poke a million holes in because "it uses the price of tampons not sanitary towels and I like sanitary towels" or "not everyone has a fridge so it shouldn't include milk" etc etc. Which is why it would need a robust methodology (like the ONS basket of goods being based on shopping habits).

• Heart
Reactions: 48
In response to Jacks forgiveness post…come on, given the title of this thread, which one of you spicy ninnies wrote this
AC52DEA4-F4D8-4671-9E5A-F66928B0DD94.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Jack is magnanimous today. Lovely. Produced any Patreon content lately, Jack? 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If it were to exist in a useful form I could see it possibly being a tool for campaigning for things like increases to the minimum wage and benefits etc. In the same way having a "living wage" figure was useful. If we can say "a basic, healthy food shop for a family of 4 using the cheapest items available has increased by x%" it's a simple figure that can focus arguments.

However deciding what that basket should contain would require a systematic methodology, not jack's old shopping lists.

It would need variations and equivalencies to allow for cultural differences etc.

It's the sort of thing someone like Jack would poke a million holes in because "it uses the price of tampons not sanitary towels and I like sanitary towels" or "not everyone has a fridge so it shouldn't include milk" etc etc. Which is why it would need a robust methodology (like the ONS basket of goods being based on shopping habits).
Yes, that is one of many things that send me insane in Twitter feigned concern poverty bantz. Someone suggests a recipe or a food parcel and the cunts chorus starts up "what about people that don't have cooking facilities?". Well squig, those people can't cook and would be best referred to sources of help to address that problem, maybe the suggestion just wasn't aimed at them. Maybe this is a big, diverse world and there isn't one answer to everything, maybe we could embrace that and come up with a range of answers until all human need is addressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
My money is also on her not going to this talk. She’s going to catch wind that she won’t be in for an easy ride via this thread and will feign illness/bad mental health/vile trolls or some other nonsense and not turn up.

Fingers crossed that she does though. This could be good.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.