Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

They probably thought you'd nicked them, what with you having the police out so much these days.

Reactions: 45
This is very similiar to a conversation I've had with Mother Jombly about Jack. Some of us Frauen do have very sensible Mutters!

My mum also grew up in the 50s and one of her neighbours fostered children, some of whom weren't white (which in the 1950s was quite the cause for pearl clutching amongst some other local folk). Jack's thinly veiled contempt for the "feral" foster children touches a specific nerve for Mother Jombly, who saw first hand some of the abuse that this foster family were subjected to for daring to bring "people like that" in to the local community.

Jack has tried to use the "I was verbally abused for going for a walk with 2 children of different heritage" anecdote for clout before but she, as usual, showed very little regard for the people who are more deeply affected by this issue than she is. Maybe this specific incident happened, we'll never know, but either way Jack had the opportunity to use a one off experience to highlight a systemic issue that others have faced for decades but she chose not to. She always has to centre herself.

Reactions: 57
Stop saying food is medicine you ghoul. No amount of fish, grains or veg will cure crippling mental health conditions.

Paging Dr Wolrich. Oh no, he’s been sucked in too.

Reactions: 61
Stop saying food is medicine you ghoul. No amount of fish, grains or veg will cure crippling mental health conditions.
Oooh I'm all for her claiming that food is medicine. That's the magic phrase you say three times to summon Dr Josh Woolrich, and I would like to reserve a front row seat for that showdown!

Reactions: 32
View attachment 1328997
Jack is totally the nurk who goes to chat to the police at a protest. "Let me shake your hand, officer, you're doing a bang-up job, this reminds me of when they had to control the crowd at my book signing..."
Ah, this is it! She’s now modelling herself on Hanoi Jane. Dry humping some heavy artillery, always at the protests.

Reactions: 27
Jack doesn’t even know what the flying fuck she’s campaigning for.

The National Living Wage is £9.50 per hour, and applies to all people 23 and over. If you’re under 23 you can by your employer be paid minimum wage, which is less, but most employers have the good grace to pay the £9.50 per hour. And it changed this year to make it mandatory for over 23’s to be paid it!

So is she saying Sainsburys Contractors pay under 23’s less and she’s campaigning for them to be paid the living wage like all over 23’s? She doesn’t have a fucking clue what she’s on about.

Reactions: 42

Paging Dr Wolrich. Oh no, he’s been sucked in too.
It's another Tory trope isn't it. Eat yourself better. It's down to you.

Reactions: 41
Oooh I'm all for her claiming that food is medicine. That's the magic phrase you say three times to summon Dr Josh Woolrich, and I would like to reserve a front row seat for that showdown!
He likes her posts. . That one bit the dust months ago.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.