Jack Monroe #32 Shan't!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speaking of ice lollies, I am having a torrid love affair with the Aldi watermelon lollies, they are watermelon and apple, they are so bloody good, 99p for 3, rowntrees do them too, a pack of 4 for like £2.50,i have tried both, I prefer Aldis ones, the texture is nicer imo, I've had almost 2 boxes today alone 🤦🏻‍♀️😂
Oh boy. I keep looking at these in Aldi and thinking that I very much want them.

There were some 'low fat' ice cream things in Aldi recently that we bought and they tasted v like those frozen mousses that my mum (and most other mums) kept in the freezer, in a tube of little plastic pots. I want some of those right now.

Reactions: 9
Oh, and maybe @GrunkaLunka or @emm or any other from the Jameela Jamil thread can clarify, but re: Jack’s “wacky” carrying soy sauce in her bag, didn’t the equally insufferable JJ carry something “wacky” in her handbag at an awards show and showed it off on camera? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So your cat plays with other cats in the garden so he'll be fine? Yes, because that's exactly the same as having another cat invade your living, sleeping and sh*tting space.

She's going to get so much pity when this inevitably blows up in her face. I'm just sad because it's going to be traumatic for this poor little kitten. I have no doubt her intentions are to look after this kitten and provide it with love. But that doesn't take away from the fact she is clearly also doing this for validation and attention and that is going to distort doing what is best for this poor little animal.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m having to quickly skim over the cat chat as it’s upsetting me, so apologies for the lack of likes. I have a newly diagnosed mental health condition which means my brain can’t deal with stuff like that, I have 3 beautiful cats and people messing about with them triggers me 😕 Difficult to explain but Im not going to ’Jack’ myself and throw a pity party 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
I know. I am also to blame for the weather being the same from the front door and the back door (two doors - fancy!)
I love cats so much 🤣

One of mine came in from the rain, day before yesterday, and if cats could speak her miaows said she would've been calling me all the names under the sun for not immediately calling her in at the first raindrop 😍

• Haha
Reactions: 21
It’s the funniest thread I’ve been in for a while. Jack constantly trying to bring it back to her woe is me schtick while the rest of us grow increasingly bored of her and start discussing ice lollies
She was just SO strange, without going into my own woes, 2 years ago I went through 3 pretty life changing and traumatic events worse than anything she discussed / has been through and duck me I never once portrayed myself as a victim in that way. I suffered for a while and one person sorted myself out.. me. I removed myself from social media, got therapy and worked on myself to get through those things and into a better place. She has it better than most but seems to be able to write a book on playing the victim !! Why would you torture yourself coming on here , in effect trying to change peoples opinions of you, I'm just not sure what she thought she would achieve in all honesty.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m having to quickly skim over the cat chat as it’s upsetting me, so apologies for the lack of likes. I have a newly diagnosed mental health condition which means my brain can’t deal with stuff like that, I have 3 beautiful cats and people messing about with them triggers me 😕 Difficult to explain but Im not going to ’Jack’ myself and throw a pity party 😂
Very understandable ❤I am a massive cat lover and I am finding this very upsetting/rage inducing because I don't think the cat's best interests are there. Even if she does have good intentions, they're being influenced by her huge streak for narcissism.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oh, and maybe @GrunkaLunka or @emm or any other from the Jameela Jamil thread can clarify, but re: Jack’s “wacky” carrying soy sauce in her bag, didn’t the equally insufferable JJ carry something “wacky” in her handbag at an awards show and showed it off on camera? 🤔
That rings a bell. Was it a ham sandwich in her bag or something, I think? Although I also have a vague memory of her talking about reaching out and grabbing the wrong bottle of something. Off to google...

• Haha
Reactions: 8
That's nothing to be ashamed of, I am the same but with dogs. I have two dogs and anything like that with dogs triggers me too :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m posting lots sorry guys but tbh seeing the photo of the kitten has made me quite anxious. Those aren’t bowed legs they’re entirely doubled over, I am obviously not a vet but seeing that image it’s clear the cat isn’t in great nick? This isn’t one for CSI internet like he needs the vet hospital tbqh?
A bit behind, and I've missed where JM is adopting this kitten from, but if it's one of the larger cat rescue charities I'm surprised they are allowing it. The one I used to volunteer for I don't think would have let a kitten with as complex needs as this be adopted out to a random person. They would have housed it with an experienced volunteer and used charity funds to pay for its keep and medical care. Less poorly kittens, but those who would still need treatment they might agree to home with 'outsiders', but would often insist on a degree of involvement in the medical care they needed (paying for treatments relating to existing conditions, but also making sure that treatments/vet visits were done when they needed to be done). They wouldn't have just handed over a kitten with complex needs like that to any old adopter and let them crack on and shoulder all the medical cost, from a sense of responsibility for both adopter and most importantly cat.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That's nothing to be ashamed of, I am the same but with dogs. I have two dogs and anything like that with dogs triggers me too :rolleyes:
I'm the same too, with all animals. I can't watch daytime TV anymore because of all the adverts about abused dogs/donkeys/ etc - if I accidentally catch sight of one of them it's game over for me, I go into a depression spiral which can last for the rest of the day (at least).

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This sounds peak Jameela, but I can't recall the particular story. I would not be surprised to hear that she opened her handbag and a swarm of bees flew out.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Why would you torture yourself coming on here , in effect trying to change peoples opinions of you, I'm just not sure what she thought she would achieve in all honesty.
In all honesty, she simply thought she would change our opinion of her. That is what she thought she'd achieve.

She is so deluded that she believes that no one could dislike her, I mean what's to dislike? (No need for a list, think we all know). Without doubt she thought she would get people to feel sorry for her. Indeed she started to make inroads, but quickly lost it by her passive aggressive, snarky responses.

She thinks that everyone should feel sympathy for her because her life is so bad. But she forgets than many people have, or had, a worse life than her.

• Wow
Reactions: 28
She once wore a bag of frozen peas on her face to an awards ceremony because she'd had dental treatment she's an attention-mad toddler.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
However, I've just bought a house (fancy!) and I earn much less than Jack does (speculation, your honour) it's taken me six years to save up enough to get a mortgage mind you
Hurrah! Congratulations!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes I vaguely remember this.. wasn’t it hot sauce or something? Haven’t had coffee yet so might be totally wrong.. also @GrunkaLunka i don’t know how you managed to read so many threads so quickly I am struggling to catch up on the last 3 days!

• Haha
Using a disfigured kitten in the manner she has is absolutely disgusting and makes me really angry. A deformed animal is not a photo prop, or a tool of her twisted obsession with fame. I've woke up this morning to read this and it has made me feel physically ill. Her actions, not the poor kitten. It is sickening. She is contemptible.

Nothing more to add.
Came here to say the same this morning.

After saying she was leaving Twitter (yes I know!!) she has come back to appear as some Mother Teresa/Dr Doolittle benevolent kind hearted earth momma, oh look at Jack how lovely and caring she is adopting that cute kitten.... NO that poor cat is clearly going to be in pain, needs immediate attention and as Jack states she is barely able to look after herself and is POOR and VERY BUSY it's totally irresponsible of her to take it on. That poor kitten is merely the latest fad/pawn in Jack's narcissistic, manipulative little game.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I can't see this, it says it's not working! I love cats, I have three myself. One of them got run over at the beginning of the lockdown and £4000 later has made a full recovery. I can now safely say that I have learnt my lesson about not insuring pets!
I know, I keep trying to attach it as an image, but it won't let me.

Just imagine the world's most handsome and cute black cat (I may be slightly biased) with a slightly dishevelled appearance and a disdainful expression until I can work out how to post an image.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.