Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for saying this because that’s my understanding of steroid injections. Well maybe not 2 in your lifetime but I’d definitely heard (several family members) that once you’ve had one it will be years before they’ll do another. I’ve had family who have had immediate relief from them but quite short term hits and they are gagging for a second but Docs won’t let it happen. I’m pretty sure they spell that out to you when you have your first because it’s a bit of a last chance saloon procedure before surgery 🤷‍♀️
Yep, kid has had three in her left ankle in nine months and they won’t do any more due to the damage it can cause. So JM certainly hasn’t had ‘lots’.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I feel a bit awful saying it even about her but my cynical side thinks both that she wanted people to know (or assume that) she is and also that Harold might be SBs dad based on this. I think she’s trying to work out how to play the lesbian backtrack but couldn’t resist baiting - if Harold was a new bloke on the horizon she could go for the “Well I thought I was but then I met Harold and I fell in love in a way I never thought I could” angle but if Harold is SBs Dad then it ruins that.

I know it does happen that people meet that person and it changes how they saw themselves, and I really wouldn’t talk like that about anyone other than Jack specifically, I’m not mocking it, I just really think Jack is that manipulative and that she consciously chooses the labels she wants to have rather than the ones that are true.
I work long shifts with sometimes nothing to do until something happens. I'm also a saddo, therefore I've 🔺SB's dad and I'd bet my last dollar she thinks she's faaaaaar too good for him.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Are we related? Almost all my costumes were boxes and crepe paper. My mum was amazing at doing costumes.
My mum wasn't amazing , i remember being wrapped up in a bed sheet and tea towel hat for a nativity role 😪 we were all similarly dressed for the performance as i recall . Those were the days my friend 🎶 etc

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Me looking at Jack's attempt at organising her dirty disorganized kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Th kitchen is very small and dated for a £2k a month house. The landlord has tried to give it a makeover on the cheap by painting the units and replacing the worktops. I think there’s a joining strip in the middle of one of the worktops too, I’ve never seen those used by anyone other than DIYers and really bad council joiners. For all the price of laminate worktops, just buy a complete length.
I reckon the crappy bungalow needs a shed load of money spent on it.
EDIT. Added pic of joining strip. They are a really bad idea in a kitchen, all sorts of bacteria gathers under them.
BCC1300A-A372-4565-AB17-655558909425.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
She's point seven of an inch talker than me. How the hell does she reach the cookery books or any of the other shite piled up high?
I thought the same, though she is point five of an inch smaller than me, I have to use a stool to get to the top of my cupboards, or my teenager who is way taller than me.

And if she has RA, and dodgy balance (stair falling) climbing on a stool is a pretty daft idea.

Reactions: 21
"Asda sales fall 9.2% in first quarter"

Lord Rose (Chairman, Conservative peer) has just been on Times radio. He mentioned global issues having the most impact on inflation. Chatting about foodbanks, Lee Anderson and giving cooking lessons in return for parcels, he said "it's not a daft idea"! He thought it would be great if people like That Man could teach everyone to cook but there's only one That Man!
No mention of whatsherface at all! Oh my, the shade.

Add him to the list, poppet, and sue his tory balls off. (y):D
It’s because ever since their ‘partnership’ with the pov Princess I’ve boycotted them. There are so many others on the list too.

ETA popping back in the way back machine, as a former steroid using frau (medicinal) I was on oral steroids for 3 years. Jack’s weight gain is not down to steroids, where is Jack’s moon shaped face and weird pot belly? Also no sign of the beard I got either. Or the three stone weight gain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Th kitchen is very small and dated for a £2k a month house. The landlord has tried to give it a makeover on the cheap by painting the units and replacing the worktops. I think there’s a joining strip in the middle of one of the worktops too, I’ve never seen those used by anyone other than DIYers and really bad council joiners. For all the price of laminate worktops, just buy a complete length.
I reckon the crappy bungalow needs a shed load of money spent on it.
Agree completely it’s not the nicest but the mortgage on a £750k property alone will be over £2k pcm, and I believe BTL rates are higher than owner occupier (?) so it’ll be even higher than a residential mortgage plus insurances and other costs etc so I really do think she’s getting a bargain. I’ve never met a landlord that does the house up as nicely as they’d have their own (if they’re being honest with themselves! 🤭) so not surprised by it. But Jack believing she’d only pay £500 pcm for a mortgage on an equivalent house is lolz.

Reactions: 41
For somebody that doesn’t drink coffee, that’s an expensive looking bit of kit

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Eyeroll, eyeroll, eyeroll!
And not at all hinting about anything...again. 🥱
Trouble is if she's hinting and it's true then she had no need to go off on one. Also I think it if is true I think people in her real life are probably not keen.

Reactions: 16
Agree completely it’s not the nicest but the mortgage on a £750k property alone will be over £2k pcm, and I believe BTL rates are higher than owner occupier (?) so it’ll be even higher than a residential mortgage plus insurances and other costs etc so I really do think she’s getting a bargain. I’ve never met a landlord that does the house up as nicely as they’d have their own (if they’re being honest with themselves! 🤭) so not surprised by it. But Jack believing she’d only pay £500 pcm for a mortgage on an equivalent house is lolz.
She’s obviously paying for the area.
Doubt anyone bought that house to let, you’d get a higher return on a cheaper property. Someone has probably inherited it.

Reactions: 21
Jesus wept I didn't even clock the comment about needing the spare room for something else! Good lord I hope it's for a mini studio to do youtube from or something else 😂
Of COURSE that’s what it is, Christ why to people keep assuming she’s having a baby, she’s just dropped a few massive hints, plus announced she isn’t. Can’t poor people have pregnancies these days? Sheesh. Bloody millionaire-fibber white wingers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
So. Much. bleeping. Stuff.

There's nowhere to actually cook in there with every bit of surface, wall, cupboard, window and top of cupboard is occupied by shite screaming for attention.

Not one place there where you could focus on what you are cooking. Even using the iMac would be difficult due to the performative photo montage shrieking for mental energy in her peripheral vision.

I'm 5'5" (although these days, if my back is playing up, I'm nearer 5'3") - I can't reach more than halfway up my kitchen cabinets when you take into account leaning over the 60cm worktop, so all of those books, just like the previous sets of accelerant (paper rolls) she had over the cooker, will just get covered in grease, condensation and spider tit. Nothing above the bottom shelf of the wall units will be accessible. And no fucker needs 35 different saucepans when you've only got 4 burners on the hob.

It's unhygienic, counterintuitive, disorganised, inefficient and nobody can function properly in that level of crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
My mortgage alone is £2500 per month on a 750k property. Bloody scary. She has no idea.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.