Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why didn't she wear that suit she bought after the DIVA shoot? That was baggy enough to cope with a few stones additional weight. It looked tit, but let's be honest, so do all her clothes.
Yes I wondered about that suit. Wasn't it worth about £300? Should appeal to her snobbish nature. I hope she didn't dye it black.

I too got stuck in something - a dress in a very small changing room in Kookai (RIP). Amazing how panic and sweat levels go from 0 - 100 in 5 seconds 😂 No knives involved but I did break the zip 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
May well be wrong, but cockney urchins don’t put ‘The’ in front of ordinary road names. We only use it for The Kings Road, and The Old Kent Road. Randomly The-ing roads in Islington is so posh. Signed, a cockney.
What kind of tourist bothers saying CaledonIan? It’s Cally Rd!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's like...that's really not context at all, now I have so many more follow-up questions. Was it an accident?Was it deliberate? Did one of her stalkers lock her on the train? Did the Tories do it, while informing her that she should have kept her legs shut? Was she there for an hour, overnight, a whole week? Was she actually a passenger in the Thomas the Tank Engine episode where Henry wouldn't leave the tunnel?

Jack, when you read this, PLEASE give us the full details of the time you got locked on a train. Thanks x
God Henry was an arse 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Why didn't she wear that suit she bought after the DIVA shoot? That was baggy enough to cope with a few stones additional weight. It looked tit, but let's be honest, so do all her clothes.
I bet that suit is still screwed up in the bottom of her wardrobe. Just another impulse buy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I've had the awards thingy on live and mute. Kept taking a look/listen but didn't see or hear any pixie presence. Seems to have finshed streaming after an hour. 🤷‍♀️

Disclaimer:
I was not forensic.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Sorry if this was picked up previously but I was just checking if her publisher had liked any of her performative book chaos tweets (spoiler alert - she hasn't) and I found this:
View attachment 1310336
Didn't she say to a squig it was 100 recipes for the book but she'd done more as she's so awesome? If that's the case how come the book states 150 recipes as the baseline? 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♂️ :unsure:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Many threads ago I wrote some potential stories that Jack could pitch to Take a Break. Re-reading them has made me realise I’ve forgotten many of these chaoses.

Gun Horror: Walk on the Beach Turned to Deadly Siege
She Left! Ex Stole My Tins and Then My Heart
So Poor I Was Forced to Rinse Beans
Double Trouble: Sofa Company Delivered My Sofa… and then Another One Showed Up!
Forced Out of Job Because of Trouser Allergy
I Walked with a Cane and Now I Run Marathons!
Love these but have to admit I prefer that dark That’s Life mag spin off which covers all the batshit crime and spooky stories:

Aborted oats came back to HAUNT ME!

I was STALKED by a SPACEMAN with a box!

Assaulted by MENDACIOUS PUMBLE as I slept through 24 alarms.

FACELESS bullies said my PET was OBESE!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I've had the awards thingy on live and mute. Kept taking a look/listen but didn't see or hear any pixie presence. Seems to have finshed streaming after an hour. 🤷‍♀️

Disclaimer:
I was not forensic.
Twitter saying technical problems. Might have let Jack sort out the Wi-Fi

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Pumble in the Bungalow: I Created a Monster!

Father-in-Law Watched as I Nuzzled BOTH His Sons

From Cook to Crook: My Recipe for Grifting Success

Compulsive Writing Wore a Hole my Thumb

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Oh my gosh, has she not turned up again?

Are we going to get an essay tomorrow on why, including sad sob story of not fitting into an old dress?

(Praise beans, VIV LIVES)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Could have been Oxfam IF she got it on the King's Road
Cally is North, Kings Rd is West. Jeez even the charity shops in Hackney back in the day kept the Spenny designer stuff locked away, with a hand written note of what they had and a price, you had to ask to see it!
Viv is what scouse schoolgirls wear.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone has just liked a post of mine from thread 31. I’m cringing at my 2 years ago self where I was kindish to Jack. I can’t edit it now so I’d just like to retract a lot especially the part where I said “I’m genuinely sorry you are having a crappy time”. Since the kitten happened I’m not sorry at all and any sympathy I felt has long gone. Thankspaceyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.