Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Curious as to how you submit hand written edits one minute before deadline? Do you catapult them through your publisher's window?
A trained flock of reanimated gloves, gently, softly carrying one page each and flying at warp speed

B998618F-E189-4496-AB16-9D24631E2DB8.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Oooh yes please. Like the Mediterranean arse one, or the riot at train staff one, or the keep your legs closed one, or the noisy boys upsets Jack’s ADHD brain one. Jack Train Chaoses is my fave chaos genre.
I'd like a crowd of Etonians to board the train and start burning £20 notes whilst taunting her and calling her an oik.

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Do we think her saying mini 'was', is Freudian slip?☹
I reckon he was hers, but we all saw what Cooper made of him, so thankfully he has gone somewhere else. (Hopefully.)

ETA; I've misgendered Mini, I'm gonna get sued by the paralegals now 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Her profile is far higher now than it was for the last books. Assuming she doesn't implode in a ball of chaos between now and publication, she probably will sell more copies of this one, which means more people trying her recipes. Not financial advice, but might be wise to consider investing in immodium...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
There was no last minute book chaos. It was old notebooks hauled out and highlighted for effect.
She has to give the squigs their drama, it’s how she keeps them invested. And investing.
I was thinking the same thing. Every thing she does now seems to be to diminishing returns and for some reason she seems hellbent on burning bridges with industry and meeja.

All the performative nonsense from last night is purely to try and keep the squigs invested and paying attention.

Reactions: 27
I reckon he was hers, but we all saw what Cooper made of him, so thankfully he has gone somewhere else. (Hopefully.)
She's one of these clowns who thinks all cats should get on just because they are cats. Would I ever get a new cat and introduce them to an existing cat by flinging them in the same room? No. Sometimes that would work and sometimes it doesn't. You get cats who love other cats, tolerate them or plain hate them. She knows nothing about animals, that's clear.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
She's one of these clowns who thinks all cats should get on just because they are cats. Would I ever get a new cat and introduce them to an existing cat by flinging them in the same room? No. Sometimes that would work and sometimes it doesn't. You get cats who love other cats, tolerate them or plain hate them. She knows nothing about animals, that's clear.
She best be careful in Southwark Cathedral then, they love cats after they adopted a street cat years ago, Doorkins. There's a gargoyle of him, a book and merchandise too. They always have a resident cat now.

#FrausLoveFacts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Her profile is far higher now than it was for the last books. Assuming she doesn't implode in a ball of chaos between now and publication, she probably will sell more copies of this one, which means more people trying her recipes. Not financial advice, but might be wise to consider investing in immodium...
I think it's pretty much the same tbh except she has more twitter followers. She was well known when tin can cook and good food for bad days came out. She only gets the followers by being an arse to boot.

Her books are shite anyway. Of any I did buy I wasn't inspired enough to cook a single recipe.

Reactions: 18
Massive apology to @Cack Conroe from the last thread. I should have clarified that it's only Jack's version of autism is not backed up by what she's producing (accuracy being her flex, details etc etc!) I know that autistic people are as different as everyone else as from each other. And I can't choose the focus either - I managed it for that first book because I was obsessed with it, managed to get it published and haven't written a word of anything decent since, which is really bleeping with my head because all I want to do is write more books. Currently all I can focus on is a stupid TV show that I've already watched a hundred times. I'm so sorry it came off so offensive, I tend to blather without thinking and then feel guilty for literal years afterwards. Blaming Jack though!!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.