Jack Monroe #317 Poverty Contrepreneur

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I don't see her on the presenting panel, odd!
That's from 2019 dear heart, if it is that IT'S BEING LIVESTREAMED

The Society of Authors’ Awards and Summer Party 2022 - The Society of Authors

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
We know OH didn't end up in hospital, if Harold actually had then she would have tweeted every single step of that hiiiilllllaaarrious story.
To be honest I could 100% see him having been in hospital and it not even crossing Jacks tiny little mind to share as she isn’t the main character in that story. I can truly never think of a time she has told a story solely about someone else.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

That link seems to be for 2019?

Reactions: 9
There was no last minute book chaos. It was old notebooks hauled out and highlighted for effect.
She has to give the squigs their drama, it’s how she keeps them invested. And investing.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
What about the garage rabbit (misquoting Of Mice and Men)
I keep meaning to ask.
Last I saw/heard of it, the garage was huge, seemingly empty and housing a caged rabbit.
Next is talk of theft, boxes of forgotten brand new book batches and brambly mice .
FFS , Tell me about the rabbit, in the name of LJC and all that is holy

• Sad
Reactions: 36
DDFC7735-5603-4B50-85CE-E90710FAA0A1.jpeg

“I’M EXHAUSTED!!! Send more adjectiveos and wordos I’m not clear on the meaning of for me to misuseo!”

Also, Jack, don’t be unkind to goblins. What did they ever do to you?

F5D7D4CA-D5FE-48FA-8EA5-FA7BC5C00203.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Her reputation precedes her. Don't dare risk putting her name on it in case alarms, missed train due to sleep/birdscape distraction

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Ay caramba, what era of Jack is this? Severe ED schoolgirl Jack, scantily clad club hostess Jack, or multiple men hoisting Fireman Jack?

She’s really adoring herself ahead of this awards do isn’t she. This may presage a Chaos.
I like to call it Jack (Jacques) in Paris..

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Her office is now in the kitchen!? Is there a single room in that Tardis-esque bungalow she hasn't lugged her desk into at some point?
Back where it started. I do hope Lemn Sissay isn’t at risk from Jack “feral foster kids” Monroe.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 1310210

I hope we get a TRAIN CHAOS
Top tip for you, Jack:

Recently a crack team of nerds invented this thing called a computer. You can save your recipes on that, do a backup, and no need to trawl through the thousands of sideboards to find a single manky recipe card. You could even add a clipart dragon. HTH!

[THE AWKWARD BIT]

My tips are completely free so that they can be a useful resource for anyone who needs them, and they always will be, but they do of course incur costs to run and keep them running. If you use them and benefit, enjoy them, and would like to keep them going, please consider popping something in the tip jar -ONLY if you can afford to do so – and thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96
Curious as to how you submit hand written edits one minute before deadline? Do you catapult them through your publisher's window?

• Haha
Reactions: 88
Still on a mega grunk so not sure if anyone else has posted this, but I'm sure there will be a rant that Lidl is now all up her niche. I love Lidl, the quality and value of so many of their products is fabulous.

These meals look and sound really appetizing and none seem remotely sloppy.

I've got Covid, so can't do them this week but might give them a go next week.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just bought another of Miguel's books on ebay. The green meals one. Just over 6 quid. A few of his books are selling for 4-5 quid new just now on there. A few people are selling the non vegan one pound meals for a fiver

Up yours Jack.

Reactions: 30
Curious as to how you submit hand written edits one minute before deadline? Do you catapult them through your publisher's window?
You softly, gently, fold the handwritten notes into a jar of garlic jam and present it to your publisher.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.