Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone find that rice anywhere btw? Because she could be caught out in a massive lie there if so (also hi Jack. Get a job).
Yep there are screen shots where many fraus tracked it down, mackie didn’t get off her Mediterranean, and go check, she searched online, but couldn’t spell smartprice 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 33
T.w.a.t.
Publisher must have just messaged her 'wtf are you doing jack, you already spent this advance, we have put it back to after Christmas , lost a shitload, FFS, what are you playing at now? I know you only want soundbites and not long demanding book jobs anymore but this is what you signed up for.
Mortgage or release from book contract and lose all those lovely advances? You choose'
Kind of hoping the publisher tells her to do one when she gets the book.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I just checked Tesco value rice and it's 45p a kilo and has been since 2018 and is price matched to Aldi. I don't understand this bizarre obsession with Asda

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
"they're the only supermarket to have done so." That's why there's 45p/kg rice in the others then Jack? But it never went anywhere in the first place, did it? Such a liar.

duck me, I never thought I'd get so annoyed about rice 😑
But Jack can’t go to any other supermarket so Jack doesn’t care you can get it on the shelves in Tesco.

Reactions: 20
The idea that her random collection of receipts are more official than the ONS is hilarious! 😂 Come on Jack, think about it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Uh oh, "my life is hard and my suffering relentless" klaxon!

I fear we are not far from a twitter meltdown.

It's also odd that she's gone from suing the Telegraph, to asking them for payment.

I take back what I said about Rosemary earning a crust. Jack's agent should be making sure she gets paid.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
1654004726751.png

Apparently she's a "love coach" which I presume isn't some sort of bus

Uh oh, "my life is hard and my suffering relentless" klaxon!

I fear we are not far from a twitter meltdown.

It's also odd that she's gone from suing the Telegraph, to asking them for payment.

I take back what I said about Rosemary earning a crust. Jack's agent should be making sure she gets paid.

WE LOVE ACTUAL FACTS NOT JACK FACTS THOUGH

1654004813478.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
Sorry to be a pain jack but that ASDA press release does not say that the cheaper rice was taken away and then brought back at your instigation. All it says is that it will now stock its whole Smart Price range across all its stores after your feedback. Before, ASDA presumably did not offer the full range in all stores - which would not be surprising, given that shelf space is limited and different locations and deomgraphics will want different things.

So best case scenario is that Jack's viral tweet made ASDA re-stock its smart price rice in its Southend store. Big banana. Whereas Jack's making it sound like ASDA had axed the smart price rice completely across all its stores and only brought it back at Jack's heroic protest. This would clearly be untrue. So for Jack to imply this and allow her followers to believe it would be bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Using that logic I might as well go around the corner and hang out in Pret from 6am to 9pm, cleaning tables with my tongue and then complain I’m not getting paid the minimum wage when they ask me to duck off.

LJC, she doing a job that doesn’t exist, has no decent output, makes her anxious and that she’s awful at. She’s the world’s shittest boss babe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
just home, Lots of value rice in my big Tesco's. I had kids with me so no photos unfortunately. Actually there was lots of value stuff across the board.

Also I got a leaflet today it's quite triangulating so I can't post it but our local community as opened up a place where you can meet up no questions asked for tea, coffee and light snacks for free, there's a place to learn English, a place for men to meet up and make friends as well as crafting things for ladies. Places to get help getting into work, volunteering. All free and being paid for by donations from the general public.
Why doesn't she encourage stuff like this. Also I remember now my elderly neighbour gets random gifts from them and a monthly quiz book full of cheap recipies, puzzles, things to read for nothing!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.