Jack Monroe #316 Bizarrely, Jack seems to have misread the research

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she would shut up about being exhausted. I honestly wish she would just be de platformed permanently. Stop offering this clown work. Stop publishing her shite books

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Did anyone find that rice anywhere btw? Because she could be caught out in a massive lie there if so (also hi Jack. Get a job).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
The worst kind of Squig, in my opinion. She’s 34 years old, not 8. Just because she infantilises herself to an alarming extent doesn’t mean they have to join in.

13C42485-1624-4D73-9336-0D2C3A199DA6.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Or not say rice. FFS. I've confused myself now
I'm not even dealing with her directly and she twisted me up in knots

Why say pasta
Came out fasta
I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable anyway?
In the MonroeVerse anyway, like herbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
See you in two mins hun x

View attachment 1307791

ETA

THAT WAS ONE MIN HUN X

View attachment 1307798
T.w.a.t.
Publisher must have just messaged her 'wtf are you doing jack, you already spent this advance, we have put it back to after Christmas , lost a shitload, FFS, what are you playing at now? I know you only want soundbites and not long demanding book jobs anymore but this is what you signed up for.
Mortgage or release from book contract and lose all those lovely advances? You choose'

Reactions: 33
I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He has been obsessive, but there are worse creepy, stalker types out there. I just think he was excited. He sent it originally to her publishers too iirc. He may also be on the spectrum and has different social cues and behaviour.

I really feel bad for him. It's a hard lesson learned.
I don’t feel bad for him in the slightest. Living and working where he does, there are plenty of well deserving people who actually do live in poverty who might have enjoyed whatever it is he sent to this undeserving wench.
a hard lesson, as you say, and one which I hope he has learned from.

Reactions: 22
Did anyone find that rice anywhere btw? Because she could be caught out in a massive lie there if so (also hi Jack. Get a job).
I don't even think she went to the shops, it just wasn't stocked online when she looked (or possibly misspelled smart price with/without a space). Now she could've talked about how not having these things online makes things harder for people on a budget, but she went full on nuclear because that's what she does.

I'm sure a canal member went to the ASDA in question and it was there?

Reactions: 51
What in God's name is she blithering about?

I'm screaming here.

Go do your book edits you monstrous tit!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I done a chaos I hand in my big maffs badge

I remember what the issue was now. She went from cheapy cheap rice to a brand up - then tried to compare the two as rice is rice.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Literally can't even believe she got overlooked for this. 😂

She's like a primary age child - 'I could be an Economist', 'I could be a TV presenter', 'I could be a Firefighter'.

My favourite Career Jack was 'going to teach in a Pupil Referral Unit Jack'- until she realised you needed to finish passing Maths, English, Science GCSEs plus a 3 to 4 year degree, possibly with a PGCE afterwards (then an NQT year). She would have been GREAT* though.

*absolutely wouldn't. (People who teach in PRUs are talented and dedicated professionals, who deserve to be paid a great deal more money. I've been running secondary schools in deprived areas for 20 years, but I couldn't handle it. You have to be a very special type of person to give children in PRUs the help and support they need).
Remember when she said she was doing a degree?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.