Jack Monroe #315 The man from the mortgage broker, he say No

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it's hard to read tone, but I read the selling stuff exchange, as she got angry because mummy and daddy wouldn't do something, ( probably because they were tired of her bullshit) and she literally threw her toys out of the pram.

The mum response for me is akin to when your an angsty teen and to get back at your mum for not letting you get something, you then decide to bin your room ( because you can't have nice things) and your mum walks in and not rising to it just says put it all back when you have finished, dinner is a six.
Yes agreed. There's an element of "well screw you, Mum and Dad!" to all of this and I agree with previous posters that there may have been a big familial blow up around the time of the pregnancy, which in all honesty was probably her parents questioning whether she was ready to have a child but Jack RECALLS it as them saying soemthing like "You should have kept your legs shut!" a story which she has subsequently re-skinned for several different applications (Michael Portillo, women on train).

I'd also be interested to know when and how the name change factored into all of this. Suspect it was about the same time as said theoretical blow-up. I don't think it as to do with being trans - too early in the timeline. It was about creating a new identity but I don't understand exactly why.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
SmartSelect_20220529-115233_Facebook.jpg

Like why tf was she giving out signed photos at a sale that was meant to clear rent arrears etc. One would surely think the ulterior motive was therefore actually something far far different...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
It just wasn't anything like she sold it in her pov sob story. This is how grifters and narcs often operate in my opinion - they actually tell the almost-truth or take true events but put them through a fun house mirror so they become distorted e.g.

House sale of expensive items like wedgewood to raise cash BECOMES sale of all necessary items of low value like cheap cultery and plastic dinosaurs because destitute like Fantine selling her hair in Les Mis

Advertised on FB and invites local press, mum jokingly reminds me to keep my camera, it's all very cheery BECOMES totally alone, no one knows, too shamed to tell anyone and in any case there is no one to help.

As a previous poster (in fact I think it may have been you, @FlirtyThirty !) wisely said, this is why her written accounts of the pov time have disconcertingly distant and melodramatised language e.g. instead of something which sounds truthful and factual e.g. I had to hide fro bailiffs and was scared of a knock on the door" it has to become "You feel the painful scars of trauma in your abdomen, the evil bailiffs leering at a fragile little bird in traazers, howling and clutching uselessly at the floor of the RENTED bungalow, yes this is my story as I recall it" ... it's distanced because there is a subconcious acknowledgement that it's not true.

I'm also interested in how and why she went from having custody of SB almost all of the time to, it seems, fairly little of the time if he goes to school elsewhere. Whether this was his decision, her decision or dad's decision and when it happened. Obviously whatever is best for the boy is what needs to happen. I'm just confused as to why she tries to hide it. I had to move out of my home in my teens and live elsewhere due to stuff going on at home that wasn't good for a young person to see or be involved in. I know it was a wrenching decision for my mum to make but she did it because it was best for me and I am grateful to her for that, very grateful indeed, in fact I shudder to think of the alternative. For me, making tough decisions like this are what motherhood is all about. So i don't understand why jack hides it. It would be different if she didn't mention SB at all, in which case none of my beeswax, but she utilises him all the time, so therefore why give the impression he's there all the time.
She not only gives impression, but recently expressly stated that something like ‘despite what a mithering cabal says, my son lives with me permanently and always will’.
If she doesn’t want to get caught out in her lying grift, she may want to tell SB’s dad and her family to lock down their socials (cos this ain’t it!). No way would her borough have put SB in a school 40 mins drive away (right where his dad lives) unless he’s down as living there. There are plenty of secondary schools near her.

Also re her mum commenting on the sale - she’s commenting on the Pov blog all the way through. If you click on “leave a comment” all the old ones come up. Typical mum comments, nothing alarmed or anything. She was not estranged from them at that time, and they were very much in her life. As if they wouldn’t have known, when she’s writing every boring detail on her blog, which they read!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
It’s also possible that the family courts were involved with SB and that’s how she lost residency - she would never admit that and family courts are shrouded in secrecy so nobody would be able to find out/she shouldn’t really talk about it.

Reactions: 19
View attachment 1304731

Like why tf was she giving out signed photos at a sale that was meant to clear rent arrears etc. One would surely think the ulterior motive was therefore actually something far far different...
Oh my god so she was already famous by the time the sale happened!! I didn't realise that. I thought The Pov all happened before The Fame (which is what one would expect, no?). I'm kinda shook by that actually.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
D9F31DD5-2E1F-4AD8-A91C-DF1E2CBEDAAD.jpeg

This squig is an often critic of Jack and posted yesterday about the missing teemill money

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 120
I feel that we haven't given this tweet the attention it deserves:

View attachment 1304609

The implication being that a pre-ordered book makes a suitable Xmas present? That is the saddest festive season since the tinned mandarin and veg peel stuffing.

Although on second thoughts, if a loved one does proudly present you with a note reading IOU one slop manual - Santa, you have a couple of months to cut them out of your life, I suppose?

I am not a wiki master but will give it a go (unless someone else who's better at wiki-ing can? 🤞🏻).
I will put them in media later if nobody else has

• Heart
Reactions: 33
A86EA104-A719-4987-B07B-3192E9FA1031.jpeg

This line from the Guardian article by Kerry Hudson is very telling and chimes with my own experience of poverty.

You don’t tell people about it, especially not broadcast it all on Twitter in granular detail including information about failed credit checks.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
She not only gives impression, but recently expressly stated that something like ‘despite what a mithering cabal says, my son lives with me permanently and always will’.
If she doesn’t want to get caught out in her lying grift, she may want to tell SB’s dad and her family to lock down their socials (cos this ain’t it!). No way would her borough have put SB in a school 40 mins drive away (right where his dad lives) unless he’s down as living there. There are plenty of secondary schools near her.

Also re her mum commenting on the sale - she’s commenting on the Pov blog all the way through. If you click on “leave a comment” all the old ones come up. Typical mum comments, nothing alarmed or anything. She was not estranged from them at that time, and they were very much in her life. As if they wouldn’t have known, when she’s writing every boring detail on her blog, which they read!
His primary school was a religious one too, so it’s likely he would have had to attend church regularly to get a place. That’s how it is round our way anyway, you have to pray your dues to get in.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Oh my god so she was already famous by the time the sale happened!! I didn't realise that. I thought The Pov all happened before The Fame (which is what one would expect, no?). I'm kinda shook by that actually.
I suspect the “signed photo” was one of Jack’s early photography ventures, she had a photography exhibition in a gallery (I think a community co-op type gallery) so being Jack am sure she was schilling numbered signed photos as if she’s gonna be Mario Testino

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Oh gawd here we go again.

I'm not going to AGAIN go through the reasons why basic wheat based items will rise ahead of general inflation (in a nutshell: profit margins), nor will I point out that Jack is by far the first person to recognise that the poor are worse equipped to cope with inflation than the rich - Adam Smith knew this, in fact even bleeping ARISTOTLE knew this, ffs.

I have not issue with Jack pointing these things out, my issue is that she takes credit for these basic and very well-explored insights.

What gets me is her spite against Chris Giles. That little spat happened months ago yet she's still coming for him. Can she not let anything go? It's kinda creepy.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 96
🚨narc high🚨
This is an alert for a narc high, with attempt to incite a pile on. Excessive snark and smugness expected later.

• Haha
Reactions: 91
She wasn't famous, I think that person was assuming she would be in the future?

She was clearly desperate to BE famous, though. A couple of examples:

Here she is wanking over getting Star Letter in the local paper: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...edjack.com/2012/03/22/making-headlines-again/

(shades of my dad having an email read out on the radio and talking about it for weeks)

Here she is opening a blog post with "I am reluctant to use the term living in the public eye" (she had had her blog for 2 months at this point): https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...-whistlestop-tour-of-how-to-fk-up-everything/

Here she is accusing another Southend political type of plagiarism: https://web.archive.org/web/2012072...2/07/20/is-it-me-or-is-there-an-echo-in-here/

From what I can gather, she started out by showing up to every Southend council meeting and befriending all the other hacks involved with local politics. Those people tend to have an exaggerated sense of their own importance, so they probably all considered themselves Southend VIPs? At first she was only focused on local politics, hence the original blog name (Our Southend). This is why so much of the first year of archives is such a slog to get through. There is NOTHING as dull as local politics. Nothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.