Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Just couldn’t leave jacks ‘gloriously autistic’ comment alone. It is so offensive to keep doing this. I absolutely understand the idea of treating neuro-diversity as a gift. However, for so many it’s a life-altering sentence not a gift.

I’ve worked with parents with Autistic kids and it is so incredibly hard. I know parents who’ve never had a smile from their child in 20 years. Or never been told ‘I love you’ or indeed have been told by psychologists that their child doesn’t understand the concept of love.

She says ‘deep dive’ like it’s a fun hobby. I know people who cannot get their child to school unless they’ve reached block 1 million on minecraft & will literally collapse crying and screaming if they can’t.

I know parents who have had to give up careers to become carers. People on anti anxiety medication because they’re so afraid of the next call from the SEN school.

I know a family who booked a dream holiday to Disneyland (their son would only ever watch the film Cinderella on tv) who had to cancel it all because in the airport the tannoy system squeaked & their son freaked out.

It is gross to keep bathing in the ‘glory’ of an un-statemented diagnosis of something which can be completely debilitating & soul destroying for others & their families.

(I should add that the love & self sacrifice of so many of those parents is truly incredible & inspiring. And some of my most humbling moments have been seeing parents react to their children doing the smallest, most wonderful things. One teenager said thank you to a volunteer at our group one week & his mum burst into tears of pride & joy).
Rev, I’m so glad you posted this. My son is autistic but just now Recovery Jack rips my knitting more than Autistic Jack. I think it’s because my son is still really young and I have to push out my mind what the future holds for him whereas I know how much of an impact doing the Steps would have on Jack (plus I hate her using the programme for praise and plaudits).

My husband is religious. I’ve said before that we met in AA so he had found a higher power but he had a bad health condition that involved a long stay in hospital and he found great comfort in visiting the chapel. To be honest, I’m a bit jealous that he has this great faith. I do have my higher power too but my husband just truly believes everything happens for a reason and it’ll all be ok. I think I’m pretty jinxed to be honest bad things follow me around like I’m carrying a goat’s leg in my bag! I sometimes (often) think I’m not cut out to be an ASN mum and that plays on my mind. But you sharing that Rev has reminded me that I have to count my blessings and appreciate that life could always be harder.

Sorry Canal, I know this isn’t Facebook. That’s twice this week I’ve merailed and spammed the thread with my wittering.

• Heart
Reactions: 90

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
"I'd probably want to start as a local councillor" is honestly sending me.
Dear Councillor Monroe,

What are you going to do about the missed bin collections for our ward? It has been terrible since we moved to monthly black bins. What do we pay our taxes for????

Yours
Agnes Rugmuncher, 23 Railway Cuttings

Dear Agnes

I have a recipe on the 2018 version of my website for slow cooker bin scrap crisps with bin juice dip which should deal with any household waste. Hope that helps. Please leave me alone. My mental health is shot. I don’t owe any taxes. Not a penny. And I’m forensic in my laser sharp accuracy. I’m working a 120 hour week for NOTHING, pal.

Yours
Dr Councillor Mx Jack Monroe, Gloriously Autistic Truth Twister.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 90

moldwarp

VIP Member
Gently, softly shuffling back into this thread like a smol pixie gliding along Per Rialto because I've been away (and BUSY) and am completely unsurprised to see that as surely as night follows day, Our Jackie continues to be a total and utter twazzock and indeed is getting worse. Some random thoughts form me:

1. As previous Fraus have pointed out, she is getting more enraged and outrageous. I used to think she was just ('just', ha) a narcissist and a liar, but now I think she might also just be an incredibly mean, unpleasant person who wouldn't recognise the Truth if it dressed in a tutu and a raggedy Calvin Klein sports bra and sat on her traumatised sideboard singing I AM THE TRUTH to the tune of Dido or whatever else horrible middle of the road shite she likes

2. I think Harold's LEFT

3. I'm pretty annoyed about the Superdrug partnership, hygiene poverty is a real and horrible thing (I lived 8 years in a room with no washing machine facilities, even in the shared kitchen, and two years in a room in a house with a coin operated shower. The shame of having difficulty in taking care of your own hygiene due to cost / accessibility is real, ugly and doesn't get talked about enough). I would like to see that platform given to someone with real lived experience who can talk about it in a knowledgeable and empathetic way, and not just see it as a platform to push forward their on career / ego.

The insistence that she was literally starving, which she attempted to back up with a photo of her looking well-fed and healthy, was so dumb I can't even. Also, and I've been thinking about this for a while but hesitated to raise it because potentially triggering but....the issue with Jack's tales is starvation is that her timeline of starving through poverty and starving through anorexia are basically simultaneous. So which one was it? Starvation due to material poverty and starvation as the major symptom of a highly complex mental health condition are both dreadful, but they are two very different things and it's disingenuous to switch from one to the other depending on what dopamine hit she's chasing at the time. Also, as another Frau pointed out, death by starvation due to poverty is very rare, thankfully, in the UK and has been since the 1950s at least. In all of the tragic cases that are mentioned in the media, there has been another contributing factor, usually complex mental health conditions. Malnutrition, now, that's a different thing. But it's shockingly thoughtless of Jack to larp about literal starvation when this is, horribly, still a thing in some parts of the world, and then defend it with a photo of herself looking curvy and well nutritioned.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 89

Wooh

VIP Member
We interrupt today's chicken thumbing with a reminder that Jack Monroe literally cannot lie ("tedious sigh" [sic])

(I found this when looking for my favourite Jack tweet where she was fingering old vegetables)

TATTOOS
Screenshot_20220526-223608_Guardian.jpg

Screenshot_20220526-223023_Chrome.jpg

Ah, found it. Not a tweet, a blog post fingering old vegetables. Sexy!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I’m genuinely glad for her if doing those things has helped her, and I know depression can affect people in many different ways, but this has pissed me off.

So many people who don’t understand depression will give well-meaning advice like “spend time with people you love!“ or ”do things that make you happy!”. But for some of us it’s not that simple, the way depression has hit me at the moment means that my brain rejects anything nice, I don’t mean to, but I pull away from anything good.
It’s hard to explain, and it’s hard for people to understand.

So (to me) messages like Jack’s just reinforce the misunderstanding of a really debilitating and complex illness.

Sorry for the me-rail parts of this post, but it’s part of a bigger picture, of all the things Jack appropriates then misrepresents.

Edited to add. I forgot, my point was, it’s not always that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 86

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
If your Patreon "doesn't even cover rent and bills" (spoiler: that's a lie) then make the figure public. Simple enough to do and will shut people up if you've nothing to hide.

You posted the FIRST Teemill payment screenshots, having repeatedly said anything exceeding 10k would be donated to independent charities. Where did the rest go?

I'm about to explode here.

• Heart
  • Sad

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
every time jack wails about being the only person ‘doing the legwork on this’ i come here to try and type out my thoughts but i feel so angry and frustrated that i can’t articulate them.
I’ve been in meetings today hearing from people working minimum wage night jobs as single support workers in 40-person unit housing projects, dealing with emergencies day after day with barely any support yet somehow managing to hold it all together…. just one example of millions jobs like this with people doing actual tangible work with actual people, yet jack thinks she is single handedly saving the world and deserves constant praise for lying around on her lazy fucking arse sending out practically indecipherable tweets about how tired and furious she is and occasionally slinging lentils and cheap processed bacon into a slow cooker. I absolutely HATE her she is USELESS.

• Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
In light of Jack's claim to be on twitter for a limited time each day (an unspecified amount of time but extended a few times from 30 mins, which I take to mean less than 60 mins?), I did a quick check on the timings of Jack's tweets from yesterday 11.40am until today 10.40am (I have an assignment due on Monday so I am procrastinating).

This doesn't include likes or retweets.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 84

colouredlines

VIP Member
Four hours between these two tweets:

Screenshot_20220527-182217_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220527-182222_Twitter.jpg

She is so, so thick. This is a classic Jack chaos - blinded by her political tribalism, she's accidentally advocating for something she should, in theory, be dead against.

• Haha
  • Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Rant incoming.

Another food writer, Ella Risbridger has just released her second cookery book (although she has written a book for children and anthology of poetry previously). She has experienced a truly traumatic event in losing her partner prematurely (and writes about this on her SM) yet has managed to publish this book and is putting out another one for children next year.

Her content is varied. She suffered from covid earlier this year, but the theme is consistent- food and how it helps her manage her grief and MH. There are no chaoses. She promotes others, she doesn’t go off on tangents or brings others down who are in the same profession. She manages to do all this while navigating what could be argued one of the the hardest things to go through.

Jack, in stark contrast claims to have had the biggest trauma ~ever~. It has scarred her forever. I know trauma is subjective. I know we all deal with things differently, but there comes a time where we have to move on, where it is not healthy to live in the past, where to relive the event (however minor in the objective sense, but traumatic for the sufferer) is not helping. Jack must look around her and see that there are others in her field that have had it harder but are doing more and her drip feeding tweets about “biggest meeting ever” or “look at all the work I have ever had ever in my life so there” is just making her look like a petulant child.

But as it says on so many gym walls- nothing changes if nothing changes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
She's probably using so many words incorrectly because she's a gibbering intellectually malnourished pillock but it really does feel like she's doing it on purpose to annoy me. Well I have news for you pal: the spite only fuels me 😈 Behold, the latest Jacktionary update! Eight new words added, seven of them originating from the last few days. That's writer, author and journalist Jack Monroe everyone. Big round of applause for Jack 👏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
View attachment 1299009
Looks like Jack's ideas of deserving vs undeserving poor hasn't evolved since her "I'm not sitting in a tracksuit watching Jeremey Kyle" days.

PS. Tune into BBC Four now for a treat. Novak Nail
Why is an aeronautical engineer's experience more haunting than anyone else's? She is such a snob.
And we know she won't be writing any more about it 🙄

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81

MooBelle

VIP Member
With the GoHenry card, Jack pretended that she had one, and that she didn’t have one it was SB’s.
She tried to make out she was using the GoHenry for shopping (you load money to it, you can only spend what is loaded there is no overdraft, because it’s for children) leaving aside the “lying about being a child in order to get a GoHenry card” the point of the card is to teach kids about money management. It has a fancy app and it costs about £5 a month to use the service. So top tip - spend money, to get a kids card you’re not allowed, to stop you overspending!

Or just withdraw cash from an ATM, whichever.
This is what I think happened too.
I don't know the application process but I'm pretty sure you'd need ID/birth certificate to open account. More likely she just used SB's card which is not only fraud but the moral equivalent of raiding his piggy bank.
For newer fraus...
Jack boasted several times very publicly that she used a Go Henry card, the heroic GH squig (which is how she got her name!) reported her to Go Henry. They, like any bank would after a report of fraud, froze the account.
SB tried to use his card and was unsurprisingly upset. Jack then went on an insane tirade on Twitter. Screaming into the ether about how Tattlers had hacked into her son's bank account and stole his money. Obviously her anger was that she'd been caught but I'm also guessing SBs dad had a go at her too. She accused us of following her and trying to ruin her life and she had printouts of of all our secret identities and that she was in touch with SWAT teams who were coming to arrest us all. She also said she knew who had organised it all but deliberately didn't tag GH squig.
Two hilarious things happened. The squiggles started tagging in Go Henry and various police forces to report this hideous crime, which was embarrassing for Jack because it wasn't true.
Then GH squig wrote tweets saying Jack was chatting shit and that she very happily admitted she contacted Go Henry to report fraudulent use of the card. She had zero shits to give and stood her ground when the FMs turned up, some even tagged her in tweets to Essex Police saying they'd found the name of the master criminal and they should arrest her immediately.
It was quite the week..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81