Jack Monroe #312 She just throws adjectives at a page and hopes for the best

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wish I could unread and forget the expression 'thumbed off the carcass'.

How does she manage to assemble words together in such a revolting way??!! It's almost like a superpower

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
In my FB feed this morning.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".
Voltaire

• Heart
Reactions: 31
In my FB feed this morning.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".
Voltaire
That immediately made me think of "Every man is guilty of the good he did not do" also by Voltaire. Actions, not words, get tit done. (I got that from a Manics mug, cheers lads).

• Heart
Reactions: 26
"Jack Monroe said: “There’s been a lot of discussion recently around soaring energy costs and rising food bills, and the cost of toiletries and personal care essentials are also rising steeply, which leaves many people unable to afford the basics needed for personal health hygiene and dignity.

“It’s embarrassing to not be able to afford things that others might take for granted, like soap, tampons, deodorant, toothpaste, shampoo and hygiene poverty is fast becoming a hidden impact of the Cost of Living crisis. That’s why the work Superdrug is doing here is so needed and I hope that by sharing some ‘Shop Smart’ tips together that we can help in some small way.”

Simon Comins, Chief Commercial Officer at Superdrug said: “Superdrug’s vision has always been to make health and beauty accessible to all." (continues)

👀 😬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Leapt out of bed on her broken ankle. You’d think her arthritis mega-meds would work on her ouchy mouth too.

Just a question, has she posted a single recipe this year?

I’m starting to think she deleted the last few years of her website because she’d only done like four recipes in the whole of that time because she’s a lazy grifting bleep[/ ] and two years ago the blog was still being regularly updated (maybe by Caroline with the hands before she LEFT)

I think her website is in it's present state as a tax wangle, before the website'crash' she was earning from every click, this old version isn’t set up that way, I think she is pretending it isn’t an income stream

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Does she buy yellow sticker items every day in case she has “good mentals” for cooking up slop? What happens to the yellow sticker items on bad mental days? Does she just throw them away???

Also yellow sticker items are for struggling people in this climate…its the same as people who snuck in to supermarkets during NHS hour during the pandemic if they weren’t NHS workers.

Sharp elbowed people are the worst

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

I think her website is in it's present state as a tax wangle, before the website'crash' she was earning from every click, this old version isn’t set up that way, I think she is pretending it isn’t an income stream
Yes, she makes sure to point out to people that she's not making money off it, so they all offer to PP her the cash.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Is that Jack thread still going?
Absolutely x

Though posting has slowed down now. She must be RAGING that it's still there. Threads involving her get shut down very quickly and individual, random posts on any other thread get deleted too.

Reactions: 22
Noon - get up and immediately log into Twitter
1pm - graphically describe all the disgusting, mouldy ingredients you’re planning on bunging in the slow cooker for dinner
2pm - do a chaos
3pm - check balance on PayPal. Patreon, tips on Twitter etc.
4pm - grunking on tattle and passive aggressively tweeting about something we’ve mentioned
5pm - post slop photo with recipe ‘coming soon’
5.01pm - throw out slop and order a deliveroo
6pm - several hours of telly time on Netflix which you don’t have
10pm - announce you’re going to bed because today has been ‘exhausting’
2am - go through Twitter, liking tweets that mention you in a positive light and stay up until the wee hours enjoying the dopamine rush
“2pm - do a chaos”. Utter brilliance. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30

How does she manage to assemble words together in such a revolting way??!! It's almost like a superpower
The food descriptions in a Jack restaurant would be amazing.

Chicken a la Jack - £19 - When I was in the poverty and down to my last two pence, I came across a slightly green chicken carcass in the back of my fridge. In this dish, the chicken is thumbed off the carcass and prepared with a sad looking lettuce I found in a puddle for a carcophony of a [continues for 5000 bleeping words]

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
Monday AND Friday shopping for me, pal. I boringly have "issues" and if certain supermarkets stop certain things I'm screwed.
Since Covid it's delivery as well. Sue me!

Oh, the foodbank visit was a BBC thing?

1653560445281.png

Quelle surprise! You never go but managed to tell everyone about this little visit.

Reactions: 28
The food descriptions in a Jack restaurant would be amazing.

Chicken a la Jack - £19 - When I was in the poverty and down to my last two pence, I came across a slightly green chicken carcass in the back of my fridge. In this dish, the chicken is thumbed off the carcass and prepared with a sad looking lettuce I found in a puddle for a carcophony of a [continues for 5000 bleeping words]
"Look, our bean burgers are an hour late"
"Errrrr sorry I don't have time to check my 34 food orders. A bit of patience would be in order, we can't all lounge about in restaurants 🙃 Have a great day!"

• Haha
Reactions: 36

It sounds like a Cannibal Corpse album, not a culinary technique.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.