Jack Monroe #309 Is it even an index if it’s not in a lever arch file?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly wish she had just stayed in that job at the Southend echo. I honestly can’t be bothered with her idiocy.

Just personal life stuff
ive had a tit week thanks to someone dootstepping me and threatening me. The police were great but I’ve had to defer a course I was on next week and I am probably going to have to make a GP appointment next week to get a fit note so my work coach can switch off my job searching requirements for a few weeks. It is depressing coming back on here seeing her being as obnoxious as ever.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
When I was a child I was told not to say I was starving when I was hungry because it was both incorrect and disrespectful because there were people in the world starving. If Jack was starving (which she wasn’t, hungry maybe) then it was entirely her own choice. Imagine explaining to someone who lived through a famine that you’d been ‘literally starving’ too, simply because you were too proud or stubborn to ask your loving family for food.
I say this to my kids all the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I have an epic grunk on my hands so don't know what chaos she has done now, but just jumping in to say that I went out for drinks last night and was horribly and incessantly trolled by Jack!

20220521_103537.jpg

Ps send drinkios and McDonaldsios

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Hang on...in the Tortoise interview she mentioned being with both her parents around the time she was an unemployed, single mum on benefits. She was out with her Dad when she saw the local newspaper headline about Drunks and Single Mums are ruining the high street. And her Mum encouraged her to apply for the trainee journalist job. Is she actually saying that her parents left their daughter and grandchild to literally starve? duck off they did.
Quite. And if she is so adamant she was LITERALLY STARVING how come this loving supportive family did not notice? You can't hide that kind of thing.
I'm sure she was hungry at times - but literally starving? Even with her Abel and Cole veg boxes.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
"Do they also have to be black, in a hot country and covered in flies????" by one of the psychopaths or sycophants who probably thinks they've made a good point.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 10.37.53.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 74
I think one of her crappy essays was used in a class in a school. Probably in a How Not to Write class.

Fair enough. Although I do wonder whether people like him and Frankie Boyle genuinely regret the nasty stuff they spouted in the early 00s when mean comedy was in style. Or whether they just saw the tide was turning and realised they’d never get any decent gigs if they didn’t go with the flow.
Yes I think an extract from A Girl Called Jack was used for students to analyse and pick apart, technically. It could have been any piece of text. Jack portrays it like she was GCSE study material in English Lit. The majority of GCSE students can write better than her, why tf would they study her 'work'?? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Jack liked this comment. Does Jack own the trademark for Eton Mess and the right to protest under it or something. I saw someone say they had seen it as far back as 2014 but it's been in the Urban Dictionary since 2010.

It just seems to me that someone doesn't like the limelight being shifted in a public way.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Yes I think an extract from A Girl Called Jack was used for students to analyse and pick apart, technically. It could have been any piece of text. Jack portrays it like she was GCSE study material in English Lit. The majority of GCSE students can write better than her, why tf would they study her 'work'?? 😂
I doubt it was on the coursework because it was “good”.
She is being really disgusting and hinting that Jamie Oliver has stolen her recipes when she openly admits to “adapting” his is frankly outrageous.

Not sure how much longer I can cope with her vileness. Where’s that grunking journalist when you need them? PRAYING this libel thing goes somewhere, because then all the receipts will come out.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I think one of her crappy essays was used in a class in a school. Probably in a How Not to Write class.

Fair enough. Although I do wonder whether people like him and Frankie Boyle genuinely regret the nasty stuff they spouted in the early 00s when mean comedy was in style. Or whether they just saw the tide was turning and realised they’d never get any decent gigs if they didn’t go with the flow.
My yr 7 has a project on persuasive writing. Luckily they are studying a speech of Mala's. Then they have to write a letter asking their MP to do something about rising child poverty. Key techniques include alliteration and repetition which I guess Jack does do.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Do you remember the time she was going to sue Del Monte because she said they had published a recipe for chickpea and peach curry and not credited her 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
An anti-poverty campaigner would surely be thrilled that so many high profile celebs are taking up the cause. Many hands and all that. Reduce some of that 100hr workload, and alleviate some of the stress whilst in recovery.

Could free up some time to get a part time job to bring in that steady income needed and financial security Jack says she wants.

I don't know why it is a bad thing

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack's writing if anything has become worse over the years. Not sure if she used to have an editor or not. Her recipes were only ok during the time she had a chef as a partner.

Reactions: 31
sorry for mithering off topic but there was a cracking clip of Keith floyd in Belfast in the 80’s on there

back on topic was Jack ever on fearne cotton’s podcast?

Not quite sure why squigg is feeling smug

1653126680132.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I’ve never seen anyone describe themselves as a lovely person. She’s so up her own arse isn’t she?

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Has anyone asked big Dave why he let his daughter and grandchild be literally starving?
Not fair because he didn't, but the family really doesn't have to put up with her lies.

• Sad
Reactions: 65
The amount of flying monkeys joining in on that pile on who have be kind/choose love/ play nice as part of their bio or picture . It’s enough to almost make a Frau lose all faith in humanity

• Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.