Jack Monroe #309 Is it even an index if it’s not in a lever arch file?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's liked this, and various others referring to the squig's employment, so she's clearly fine with people targeting their job. For a tweet.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 10.05.39.png

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
If she for once in her life decided to be collaborative rather than combative, she could've been working alongside Jamie to suggest supermarkets do bogofs on things in her regular rotation or similar. But no she things poor children only deserve access to cheap food.
JO wouldn't go near a liquid, bollock sausage.

That's a sentence I never thought I'd type.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I’ve just seen the literally starving tweet. Not been on twitter much this week. Is she going on about the Eton Mess protest Jamie did?
So she’s basically admitting that her family let her starve?

Can she not just go back to being exhausted?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
What type of bleep uses the names of dead people to score point,
And you know that if this book ever sees the light of day (it won't, thank god) that she'd deflect any and all criticisms of it by using these dead people as a shield.

• Sad
Reactions: 49
If only there were some other high profile libel trial where the plaintiff had their own words show them up. Wow can you even imagine.

(ETA not snapping at you, sorry I realised it could sounds that way)
Indeed, if only there were two high profile cases where neither party is looking great!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Who is this book going to help, exactly?

The government know exactly the impact their policies are having on the vulnerable and either don’t care or view it as a necessary evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
When I was a child I was told not to say I was starving when I was hungry because it was both incorrect and disrespectful because there were people in the world starving. If Jack was starving (which she wasn’t, hungry maybe) then it was entirely her own choice. Imagine explaining to someone who lived through a famine that you’d been ‘literally starving’ too, simply because you were too proud or stubborn to ask your loving family for food.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Lol at “industry whatsapp group” 😏 yeah, pal. They’re cry-laughing emoji-ing about your inability to cut a bleeping onion. bleep.

Liking Tweets mugging off Jamie’s weight. The man makes actual tasty and well made food, and he no doubt actually eats it. You’d be heavier too, Jack, if you made anything other than rancid slop.

Semantics Squig, come to us! You’ll need our receipts to survive the flying monkeys.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
And you know that if this book ever sees the light of day (it won't, thank god) that she'd deflect any and all criticisms of it by using these dead people as a shield.
this just made me think, when she supposedly gave away the manuscript of her book so that someone at an awards ceremony can take notes (this still makes no sense to me) was it a draft of the poverty book? because we all know how incredibly laid back jack is about being in possession of other people’s sensitive details

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Am extra pissed of as I missed the first half hour of Saturday kitchen because of the slop goblin’s chaos

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Who is this book going to help, exactly?
Jack.

Her brand of politics does nothing to help progression, it just furthers friction. She has no shame but to talk about evil Tory's not long after her own MP was murdered and by all accounts he was a good one regardless of his party.

If this book comes out later this year or next it will be during a worldwide shortage of food where many countries will be facing real starvation.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Hang on...in the Tortoise interview she mentioned being with both her parents around the time she was an unemployed, single mum on benefits. She was out with her Dad when she saw the local newspaper headline about Drunks and Single Mums are ruining the high street. And her Mum encouraged her to apply for the trainee journalist job. Is she actually saying that her parents left their daughter and grandchild to literally starve? duck off they did.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
She is really going to need to throw all her laptops and phones in the sea. I hope she does go along for the libel case. Have her own malicious nasty words read out in a court

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She's liked this, and various others referring to the squig's employment, so she's clearly fine with people targeting their job. For a tweet.

View attachment 1282671
WTF is wrong with people?! This, and all the other flying monkeys you’ve shown us this morning (thank you so much for the screenshots V).

It really worries me how people will stoop so low, as long as they think they’re doing it in defence of a “good person”. It’s like it can justify anything. It’s frustrating me, because its too early in the day to put into words what I mean.

There‘s a Humanist phrase I really like, “think for yourself, act for everyone“, and seeing these people being so thoughtless makes me realise why it’s an important thing to keep in mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Hang on...in the Tortoise interview she mentioned being with both her parents around the time she was an unemployed, single mum on benefits. She was out with her Dad when she saw the local newspaper headline about Drunks and Single Mums are ruining the high street. And her Mum encouraged her to apply for the trainee journalist job. Is she actually saying that her parents left their daughter and grandchild to literally starve? duck off they did.
Exactly. Her mum was actively engaged with Jack’s online writings, and commenting on her blog during The Poverty™️ It’s there in the comments at the bottom of her blog posts from the time.

Things The Poverty™️ coincided with = grandad’s huge estate being divvied up, and SB’s dad having a new baby. I’ll leave that there, m’lud.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 90
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.