Jack Monroe #309 Is it even an index if it’s not in a lever arch file?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she is persisting with the pretence that she was literally starving.... she probably had a short period of hungry days, but then she could have gone to her parent house for some beans on toast no? There is no evidence that I've seen where she looks like she has been literally starved.
I agree. People in North Korea and other countries are starving because there is insufficient food to go round. It's extremely disrespectful for British people to talk about 'literally starving' (apart from perhaps a few extreme cases where support services have broken down). Worst comes to worst, we do have food banks to turn to, if not our family, friends and neighbours. We can even shoplift if we are really desperate.
I have been in the position of not being able to afford enough food over a few months, and I did lose weight, but I was a long way from starving. I would never use that word.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Trying to get someone who is openly HIV positive sacked from their employer is quite possibly the worst thing I have seen from the squiggs. I can’t believe it

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 101
The cringe of her wheeling out her honorary doctorate :oops: 😬
Because we deserve good things, here is Patti Smith getting receiving an honorary docorate right and applauding the 'true graduates'
Screenshot_20220521-094846_kindlephoto-401584822.png

• Heart
Reactions: 68
To be fair, I don't like the people on Twitter who tweet to anyone 'you are a tit human being and should feel tit'. Fair enough that anyone who gets that (Jack as well) would want to go against that. Criticism on behaviour, rather than dismissing a person as a human being.

But it's all about proportions and she does not give a tit about her flying monkeys going off on others, she should really try to reign them in (but she does not care).

Reactions: 46
Grunking, so this may already have been mentioned. Shortly after That Man was discovered on the River Cafe programme he really was everywhere in the media and the 'fat tongued
bleep
' backlash began -I'm not sure if Charlie Brooker actually started it on TV Go Home, but there was a lot of it. And That Man really was very young, but handled it without any public tantrums - he's always been very media savvy. There have been jokes about the food writers what's app group here as well, Jack really is a pointless grubby appropriator.
OT but Charlie Brookner wrote about how he went too far, was too mean, and started to dislike himself in one of his final columns.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
It's so early in the day for Literal Expert jack! She'll be Leave Me and My Son Alone Jack by noon i reckon

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Imagine claiming to care so much about those struggling financially, then trying to get a stranger fired because they disagreed with another stranger you happen to like.
A day in the life of a Flying Monkey! Naive, circle jerking, spoilt brats.
Last line thread nomination

Reactions: 22
LOL she's trying to suggest that Jamie Oliver steals her recipes.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 09.55.20.png

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 09.55.27.png

(in her likes too)
Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 09.56.44.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
Ah so now she is saying the 'idea' for the Index would take a weekend to pull together. She was always very clear about that 😂

@Veronicaaa yes the joking about violence is so uncomfortable. Imagine if a male interviewee said the same to a female interviewer. For instance Jamie Oliver to a woman. Wasn't it something like '{laugh} I'm having to stop myself getting violent with you {laugh}' when asked about Lee Anderson?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
As an ex-12 year old who was partial to a bit of Deal or No Deal, I'd say this is actually one of Jack's less questionable claims.
And my daughter used to love The Chase when she was really little. She particularly loved Shaun Wallace and would get really excited when he was on. She denies it all now she's a teenager of course 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
it actually kills me when she suggests jamie oliver stole her recipes. Her food is worse than the average fairly unenthusiastic home cook...surely she can see that?!

• Haha
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.