Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
not sure I will ever catch up, but in previous thread someone mentironed being blocked, this was a reply
regards Ur politics.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
I think I mentioned previously my partner applying for PIP a few months ago due to some life changing disabilities/diagnosis Was expecting it to be declined and then us have to go through stress of an appeal etc as it was taking so long and some dr’a had delayed sending all required paperwork. this morning there is a payment in his bank account which is the back dated amount from when the application first went in. I could cry with relief.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Here we go again, it’s a new day and a new thread.

Congratulations to @Wooh for the thread title words, and to @MaineCoonMama for nominating them! Douze points to Australie! 🎉 You win… Eurovision?

Honourable mention to @PuritySpiral who would have won but their nomination was too early, sorry pal.

In the last thread, Jack went to Lidl, continues to be insufferable on Twitter, despite taking a break from Twitter 🤔

Anything else?

If anyone can provide a more detailed recap we would all be so grateful.

Previous thread here -

Wiki is the pink button at the top, lots of info and receipts for newcomers 😉

Please, no thread title nominations until the end part of the thread, and no swearing in them!

ETA. The “hahaha” wasn’t meant to be part of the title and I don’t know how to change it now, but maybe it’s funny enough to leave it like that??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 80

GrannyOgg

VIP Member
it’s half one in the morning and I still haven’t finished thread 31. It might not be the weirdest thing I’ve ever read but it certainly comes close
6FCD24AA-25A2-469F-9BD9-B01B88496E17.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 80

Emmapism

VIP Member
She was 'ceremoniously' expelled was she? What did they do, have a school assembly about it? A parade in her honour?

Journalist my bumhole

• Haha
Reactions: 79

JombleWomble

VIP Member
She was so horrified and hurt by the Mumsnet thread that she's resorted to...mentioning it to her half a million followers? Same as how her reputation was so damaged by the Laurence Fox video that she... kept retweeting it? Yes, I'm sure this is exactly what her legal representative will have told her to do 🙄

This is all such a blatant beg for attention and sympathy. She has no intention of taking any of this down a legal route, does she? She just wants as many people as possible to see her being "bullied" and downtrodden. That way when she announces that she can't proceed with the court case (either because she's too EXHAUSTED by it or because the other side are far too rich for such a working class hero to stand a chance) she can give her virtual tip jar a nice big rattle. I bet she even throws in something about how the case might not be progressing any further but it was still very expensive so she's not sure whether she can pay her rent.

It's a shame because I'd love for this to go to court so that her dodgy finances and manipulative begging are exposed. Sadly I think pretending she's had to drop the case will increase public sympathy and we'll see another spike in Patreons 🤮

• Heart
  • Sick

hellosailor⚓

I've never known a more graceless and charmless public character than "Jack Monroe". She's led such an easy life. One short stint in self-imposed (?) poverty because she couldn't be arsed to work full-time has provided a life of lie-ins, luxury goods and Groucho Club annecdotes. She should be GRATEFUL. She could still make a living as 'celebrity' without being an arsehole who uses imaginary poverty as a USP. I really, really hope she gets her comeuppance.

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Can I just guiltily admit to plagiarism right now. I badly screenshotted this earlier (with no author credit I’m so sorry) for posterity because from now onwards and on my worst ever days this will never not be hilarious.

And because it was replying to our @Jenny, that it starts “Well Jenny” like it’s on Watchdog, Lynne Faulds Wood has just done the lead-in and batted it over to Alice Beer for the below (I admit that it’s a tad esoteric/a ref for fraus of a certain age)

CB10B513-9772-487E-80D8-AF52F03BB952.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 78

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220516-074954.png

She lives in Southend not Timbuktu having your expenses paid (if not time) to go to London for a few hours is hardly a hardship. Especially when you don't have to worry about childcare.

• Haha

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
If we wanted to keep the Dahl theme going for thread titles, there is always 'The Fantastic Mr Fox"...

(DISCLAIMER - I can't stand Lozza and what he stands for so I don't really think he's fantastic, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day)
Or alternatively, "Jack's Marvellous (Taste of Her Own) Medicine"

• Haha
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
No, you thought that you could throw legal threats around, intimidate and bully people into removing comments you don't like, as you always bloody do. Except this time you picked on people that won't back down and aren't intimidated by you, and now you're up shit creek.
I do believe she isn't enjoying it. Now.
But she was at the beginning. The glee was obvious.
But she now knows she has bitten off far more than she can chew.
I'm not sure why scurrying around getting stuff from gossip sites helps her 'case'? (I am being genuinely dense - why would it?).

• Heart
Reactions: 77

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
How many of us have had these conversations over this weekend 😂 it’s like jollof rice the 344% all over again!

Also used the watch and said it’s published in her first book so she’s told on herself there. Explained everything on tattle has solid evidence behind it so this court case will only generate a podcast running through it all. Husband can’t understand why there isn’t already a podcast, tbh me neither?! The hello fresh and square space ads would be so apt as Jack needs desperate help both cooking solids and maintaining a website.
OMG pal, let’s do a true crime podcast! The Slop Thickens, it should be called. We can interview all the big players, week by week, Leggy would be a real coup. I have a legit cockney accent so I will add a certain authenticity 💅

The only people in my genuinely working class upbringing who got something like a fancy watch on a big birthday, were kids whose dads were involved in a bit of skullduggery. Which I do not for one minute believe was the case for Big D, I think they actually just had money.

• Haha
  • Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 12.51.00.png

This is from someone who's sort of blue-tick-adjacent in Scottish media/politics, and also exactly the kind of person I'd expect to be a fan of Jack's and I'm quite surprised they're not.

• Wow
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
Jack doesn't know the meaning of friendship, does she? Has she ever been out for a meal with Martin? Met for a coffee? Been to each others house? Phoned for a catch up? Gone shopping together? Asked for advice over a family problem? Asked advice about the decorating? Been away for a weekend?

NO? Well Martin is NOT your friend Jack.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

HansThatDoDishes

Chatty Member
Hang on a mo; things that are inaccessible to the poor:

- Being supported by fans' tip jars
- LFC merch and tickets
- Venice
- All those designer sideboards
- Pigskin hats
- Tiffany earrings, fake or real
- Top of the range iphones
- Being able to dye all clothes black yet have a full wardrobe of non black clothes
- Spunking £100 on grotty spoons for no reason
- Del Fucking Monte

ETA Jack's convoluted and contradictory stories being a straightforward way to live has sent me.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76