Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm bleeping angry, keep seeing Jack bastard Monroe all over my social media, acting like she's some hero of the left. I'm a raging leftie and I can't keep arguing with people about her and how she's the biggest lying, non-tax paying grifter I've ever had the misfortune to come across. Please, big fella in the sky, make sure Jack loses the libel case and is exposed for the lying twit she is. Sorry for the strong language

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 88
Everyone today in my unpopular opinion seems to thrive on either being a Victim or supporting a victim. I get life is tit but generally I try and deal with it as best I can and not let it get to me. Everyone on Twitter always seems to be moaning about how they are struggling. They don't just go ok this is the hand I have been dealt and let's just get on.

In saying that I also know some people do have it very tit but these people are the ones breaking their backs not sitting tweeting bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
If Jack had taken legal advice on this matter, surely the first thing any solicitor would say would be to keep quiet and definitely not take it to Twitter?

Reactions: 49
She says she's not enjoying all this yet was absolutely revelling in it last night with her watch count and 'pal' all over the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Because Twitter is overwhelmingly middle class and they all feel sorry for themselves and consider themselves oppressed. Jack’s story sounds perfectly authentic to them.
Jack's Instagram poor.
She's not really poor.

Go to housing estate and see actual poverty and the jack supporters wouldn't dig in their pockets quote so quick. A lot of them would find reason to blame the poor for their poverty, or they'd suggest the poor wouldn't be as poor if they didn't have tellies and phones..

I live on a housing estate in Hull, the destitution here is real, you can see it everywhere. Aimless people with no hope or dream for the future, scraping together a few quid to buy their kids a pack of Tesco Mrs Molly Cookies to at least give the kids a moment of something resembling happiness.

Jack's supporters and those that book her on TV wouldn't find this real actual poverty quite so photogenic, it's not so easy to head pat it and move on to the next story, unlike jack, who lives for the head pats.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 113
Just having a casual look through Twitter... but that bloody pic with the eyes has got me hooting. 😂
Screenshot_20220514-172712_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
If she is truly serious about getting lawyers involved and suing then she needs to shut up and stop talking about it on social media. Her talking about on social media could comeback to bite her in the arse.

"Working class... fought her entire life to make ends meet."

Oh my sweet summer squiggle...

View attachment 1266413
Yeah see this is where we need a good squig to reply to tit like that with the screenshot of her describing herself as middle class. These people are so shallow, they don't even bother to scratch the surface of anything. That's why they're so easy to manipulate into believing things that simply aren't true or don't exist. They just take everything as gospel.

Being as shallow as they are though, also means they're incredibly fickle. They won't stick around when this goes tits up for her.

Reactions: 46
I wonder if she’s considered the timing of this.
We know she actually does have a lot on over the next few months, speaking events, festivals, and finishing up, then promoting her next book.

If this case does go ahead, would she still be able to commit to all of her upcoming “gigs”? Has she just screwed herself over? OR is that the idea, that it’s convenient she does have a lot of “work” which she can point to and say that she was unable to attend?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
"Working class... fought her entire life to make ends meet."

Oh my sweet summer squiggle...

View attachment 1266413
Fox is quite obviously privileged and unlike Jack I don't think he's ever sought to deny it but implying Lee Anderson is some sort of Tory toff looking down his nose at Jack is just ludicrous. Don't like the man or his politics but whatever financial benefits he's enjoying as an MP he has spent most of his life in more modest circumstances than Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
FFS. Jack is not living a working class life in her self employed privately rented bungalow in a nice area. twit.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Jack's Instagram poor.
She's not really poor.

Go to housing estate and see actual poverty and the jack supporters wouldn't dig in their pockets quote so quick. A lot of them would find reason to blame the poor for their poverty, or they'd suggest the poor wouldn't be as poor if they didn't have tellies and phones..

I live on a housing estate in Hull, the destitution here is real, you can see it everywhere. Aimless people with no hope or dream for the future, scraping together a few quid to buy their kids a pack of Tesco Mrs Molly Cookies to at least give the kids a moment of something resembling happiness.

Jack's supporters and those that book her on TV wouldn't find this real actual poverty quite so photogenic, it's not so easy to head pat it and move on to the next story, unlike jack, who lives for the head pats.
They also don't have wealthy friends like Nigella Lawson who will drum up support for some extra money for them. Do people not see that this is what makes Jack extremely different to those people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.