Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing is, amongst her contemporaries, and those she will only engage with the video would have not swayed their opinion anyway.....as we can see from all the comments.

Those who are speaking out against her probably held those beliefs anyway.

How do you quantify the damage to reputation?

Reactions: 30
Does she not realise that everyone knows spambot articles are a load of crap and someone is clearly using the millionaire thing because they know that'll wind her up. Played like a cheap fiddle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I’m all caught up and wow. Boy do I hope this goes to court and the judge ceremoniously throws them all out. Why is it always another twit that stands up to her/calls her out? I genuinely feel a bit sick that Laurence Fox is involved in all this.

Those net worth article things are always a load of bollocks. I didn’t realise people actually believed them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Aww shame, Jack isn’t enjoying herself on Twitter. If only there was something else the thirty year plus strong, Liverpool Fan could be doing right now instead of tweeting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I really couldn’t give a flying shite about the wagatha Christie case but I am in awe of the court artist. She’s a master at all the highlighting and contouring going on, even ol’ Wayne appears to have had the Charlotte Tilbury Pillow talk treatment 😂. Given that old Mackie’s a big fan of shimmery eyeshadow and strobe cream, I’m requesting this court artist for the upcoming case.

Can we have this judge too..? Masterful

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Is this the biggest chaos of all? I can't stand twitter and how so many blue tickers seems to spend their lives on their shouting their opinions and thinking they're so clever.

Meanwhile in the real world, people are struggling and there are workers and volunteers up and down the country who are showing up to make sure people can access real help.

This middle class twitter arguement exemplifies how some appear more interested in "winning" against the other side than actually putting their money, their time and their large platforms towards helping make real practical changes.
It's all made me so frustrated. All I can do right now is make a donation to our local food bank, to our local women's aid and then thank god I have more integrity than any of these twitter wankers.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Wow so nice of the Subways to tweet some support. Must be difficult for them to find the time in their busy schedule after releasing that one song in 2004.

• Haha
Reactions: 73
I don't understand how so many people are falling for her shtick. She's a middle class person coslpaying being poor. She wouldn't know poverty even if it slapped her in the face. For someone who is constantly being given money from strangers on the Internet i don't get how she can claim to be poor. Either she is tit with money or has a tit accountant.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I just really want the blue ticks (mainly, but also the squigs I guess) to explain and quantify how she has saved lives and how she is the most kind hearted person ever to exist ever ever ever. Seriously, I’m open to hearing all about it, but with actual facts not just keep saying she has.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I don't understand how so many people are falling for her shtick. She's a middle class person coslpaying being poor. She wouldn't know poverty even if it slapped her in the face. For someone who is constantly being given money from strangers on the Internet i don't get how she can claim to be poor. Either she is tit with money or has a tit accountant.
Because Twitter is overwhelmingly middle class and they all feel sorry for themselves and consider themselves oppressed. Jack’s story sounds perfectly authentic to them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
Ooh la la, squig alerting the Fox man about the Tattle...

View attachment 1266348
Well, if Mr Fox is reading this I'd like to say that I despise your childish anti-mask tweets. I think you often tweet absolutely abhorrent nonsense, however, credit where it's due, you put up with an awful lot of nastiness in return and without resorting to tantrums or threats of legal action. *side eyes JM*. In this instance, I begrudgingly welcome you as a cast member to this most entertaining chaos. I am cursed with morbid curiosity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.