Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I read here that made me wince was the comment Jack left under her old name to the Lib Dem MP/leader (was it?!) in response to his blog post wishing Muslim's a happy Eid. "Jack" replied along the lines of "Will you also be wishing Christians a happy Easter?".

I mean, what a spiteful, petty, worst-of-British, sour, Tory, old-school Sunday school, nettle-licking, piss 'n' vinegar, reactionary, Mail/Express reading, purse-lipped, small and nasty thing for one so young to think, never mind go to the trouble of writing online.

Jack Monroe does NOT share the values of the left. She has way more in common with Laurence Fox. And her pa's a "dyed in the wool Marxist" eh?!

Maybe someone can repost it here for Lozza?

Disclaimer: I don't like L.Fox but I loath liars and hypocrites!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Like. This is just a sign of how unhinged she really is. She’s suing someone for saying she’s probably a millionaire and that she’s on the grift and the first thing she does is rattle the tip jar.

In the scheme of things that is nothing. Her reputation isn’t going to be ruined by someone suggesting she might be rich. She’s lost the plot
She would have been far better off just mocking them for the comment and laughing it off. Instead she went full Billy big bollocks throwing around public threats and goading them. Not helped by the stupid enabling squigs that puff up her ego even more. She was the emboldened one last night. She wouldn't let it go, and now her cocky arrogance has got her in the tit.

Reactions: 46
hoping she's gonna be quiet for the duration of Eurovision, but also 🦉🍾 at Czech republic's entry being called "lights off"

eta, I did not do my due grunk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
She 100% is. She is not stealing it - they are offering it voluntarily. But yes she profiteers from poor people. That is just a fact.
But what she's selling is false. She sells herself as an impoverished, vulnerable, self-sacrificing working class hero who works 100 hours a week and donates all her fees to charity. Anyone offering money based on these beliefs, or based on believing they will get Patreon rewards, has been duped. This is surely illegal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Well, at least she’s got an excuse to put the Vapid Balls Index to one side for a year 🙄
As if that was ever going to happen. I was going to make another comment but will just wait and see for that. Her grifting on dear Lord PTP's body of work made me absolutely livid.
PS bridge. Nope x

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She would have been far better off just mocking them for the comment and laughing it off. Instead she went full Billy big bollocks throwing around public threats and goading them. Not helped by the stupid enabling squigs that puff up her ego even more. She was the emboldened one last night. She wouldn't let it go, and now her cocky arrogance has got her in the tit.
If this progresses, she's going to be in for one hell of a shock when she realises that Twitter is not representitive of public opinion and that people who have no opinion about her or don't know her at all will be quite shocked when her grift is revealed in court.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
One thing I read here that made me wince was the comment Jack left under her old name to the Lib Dem MP/leader (was it?!) in response to his blog post wishing Muslim's a happy Eid. "Jack" replied along the lines of "Will you also be wishing Christians a happy Easter?".

I mean, what a spiteful, petty, worst-of-British, sour, Tory, old-school Sunday school, nettle-licking, piss 'n' vinegar, reactionary, Mail/Express reading, purse-lipped, small and nasty thing for one so young to think, never mind go to the trouble of writing online.

Jack Monroe does NOT share the values of the left. She has way more in common with Laurence Fox. And her pa's a "dyed in the wool Marxist" eh?!

That could have been anyone who set up an account in the name Jack Monroe, though. There’s no proof.

Reactions: 23
Can you talk to your university/students' union? Most have people who can give hardship advice and maybe even some funds. Their housing office might also be able to help you. Even if you haven't started yet, if you have a place confirmed they might well be able to advise. Sending hugs x
I’m part way through. Funds aren’t an issue - I have offered 6 months upfront to countless estate agents and LLs, they ain’t having it. No housing at my Uni for single mothers, they don’t even have contacts. I’ve got a high earning homeowner Guarantor. In 12 months I’ve managed to get only 6 viewings, despite 30+ emails/phone calls per week (my search area is huge) and was rejected “in favour of a working couple” when I was “allowed” to apply for 3 of those.

Council are useless, keep telling me to look for private rents, well, Bailiffs will be here in a few days and I’ve now burnt through half my savings in storage unit fees (plus paying someone to take my stuff there ) and can only offer 3 months upfront now, but storage is insanely expensive and that’s with me getting rid of 60% of everything I own in the last few months.

Its very much a “we don’t want to rent to a single mother” problem, and being a student seems to be hindering me too, as obvs all students are feral teenagers.

There’s no temp accom available so they’ll stick us in a different hotel every day, anywhere in the county, with no thought given as to how ill get my kids to school, probably for months on end. My Psych has sent multiple letters and was told “we only take physical disabilities into account”. Lovely.

I never thought I’d be unable to get a new private rent but it seems the Pandemic has made rents go up an insane amount, has made landlords able to openly discriminate with no repercussions and make ridiculous demands - the last few adverts have demanded a 40K salary for a tit hole house in a tit hole area that costs £700 a month.

Sigh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

It’s in the “bad politics” section of the wiki here. However, with that one, we have no way of knowing it really was her.

This is just my thoughts, but there are enough dodgy things she definitely has done that we don’t need to scrape the barrel.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
She gets lots of new followers when she quote tweets stuff and doesn’t allow people to reply. She knows what she’s doing. She’s a laughing stock. A horrible immature bully.

Reactions: 28
We all bleeping knew it. Mental 'elf bingo.

I feel stalked now she's started mentioning Main Character after we talked about main character syndrome.
The hysterical thing is, she’s not got it quite right, as she has full blown main character syndrome. She writes “being the main character,” I mean, the lack of self awareness is staggering, as is the irony

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.