Jack Monroe #305 How incredibly, depressingly, tedious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah in his Big Car too, Jack can pick up lots of middle of Lidl clutter to add to her collection šŸ„°
This is how you can tell she's the real deal working class. Poors are always boasting about trips to Lidl on social media.

šŸŽµ...if you called your dad you could afford WaitrosešŸŽµ

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Oh I totally agree, I think it just frustrates me that we canā€™t really link it to her.
It's the thing that many blue tick lefties would find intolerable, I think. They don't really love the poors but they definitely don't want to be associated with such basic Daily Mail-style racism. Not cool from povs or poshos.

Reactions: 26
What times do her Lidls close all nine close at 6pm.

I stand corrected it's 10pm. Although I have set foot in one after 6pm on a Saturday night. I normally have better things to do. I'm away for a wedding next weekend so saving my pennies tonight.

Reactions: 23
Was scrolling my phone whilst cooking dinner (late) so am posting at you with no idea where this will land.

One thread, two threads ago she said 'I literally AM the free recipe advice'.

Tonight, during my late night cooking scrolling I can see that she is 'Twitter's Main Character'.

I said it previously, but tonight has convinced me to suggest it. Is it too early, I don't know, I'm putting forward for a thread title : Jack Monroe 306 The 4th Emergency Service

• Haha
Reactions: 45
duckSAKE jack. On a huge grunk and having to plan a court outfit and catch up with your stupidity AND eurovision is on, could you BE more selfish

• Haha
Reactions: 34
She doesn't need a soldering iron either though soldering her mouth closed or her hands together may be an idea.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
not the soldering iron!

as I've mentioned, we have a lidl just about next door. when we moved into our flat, mr kcc was astounded to find in my possession a reel of soldering wire (I have no idea where it came from) so it's a long-running joke between us - eg "you doing some soldering, kcc?"

and, yes, we spotted the very soldering iron jack is referring to here in the midl the other day!

and yeah, lidl's a treat, but on fa cup/Eurovision night? actually, shouldn't harold be tucked up now? it's almost half nine

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She canā€™t even go to the supermarket without tweeting about it. Completely addicted to twitter.

Reactions: 43
Iā€™m seeing people speak about a ā€œHaroldā€ I havenā€™t caught up on thisā€¦ but is he now knownā€¦ I canā€™t believe she is still going. I bet she has raked in a fortune this weekend from this event. I just donā€™t get why she is suing people because they say she has plenty of money. Her life is helping the poor. But sheā€™s willing to go out and fight her own ā€œstoryā€ in the midst of a discussion over food banks. Like stop it. Give some cash to the food banks and move on from the grift. šŸ« . I have followers who are wanting to donate to her. I could scream. šŸ˜.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Some slebs have a private hour Harrods, Jake's star power gets her a private 10 minutes late on a Saturday in the run down local Lidl..

Jack: SlopStars The Rivals

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
She blatantly took that photo ages ago, it was not that sunny when she posted it. Pre taking photos of a lidl sign to coincide with a flouncy attention seeking post o_O

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
This is how you can tell she's the real deal working class. Poors are always boasting about trips to Lidl on social media.

šŸŽµ...if you called your dad you could afford WaitrosešŸŽµ
I know youā€™re joking but if you go on Mumsnet (that bastion of middle class arseholes), thereā€™s loads of threads that start ā€˜Iā€™m off to Aldi/Lidl, what should I buy šŸ„°ā€™ as though itā€™s a Middle Eastern souk or Chinese wet market and not just a regular supermarket that sells ā€˜normalā€™ food. Everyone who uses the budget supermarkets on a regular basis just go and do their shopping without treating it like theyā€™re doing something really daring and exotic (although I must admit, I do love a rummage in the Aisle of Wonder).

I wouldnā€™t even say theyā€™re for ā€˜the poorsā€™ anymore either. Anyone remember Netto? If you ever took a bag of Netto branded crisps to school, youā€™ll understand it. Thereā€™s no stigma around Lidl and Aldi brands like there was round Netto back in tā€™day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Iā€™ve just grunked hard because I was BUSY working my 6th day in a rowā€¦ What in the pumble is going on?!?

This is a fever dream. Topped with a Lidl šŸ’

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.