Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
top tip there jack . if you are stressed and worried about the rising cost of living , sacrifice some of your valuable ingredients to disrespect , create a dense overworked dough , expend valuable energy to cook the dough and end up with a mediocre if you are lucky, near inedible if not load of bread .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Slightly behind so this may have been addressed ahead. She has an awful lot to say on this eve but the most offensive thing I've seen so far is "fishfinger curry". FISH FINGER CURRY. She needs to be stopped.
She should be minding her own business when making fish finger curry, it has no business being anywhere... Sounds foul!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
The idea of her pumbling pastry with those rancid hands and nails…

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
People’s perceptions are ridiculous, though. The way I look + my accent = I’m a thick twit, and you should see the attitude shift when they clock that I’m a STEM Grad.

I refuse to remould myself into an acceptable, highly educated, faux middle class woman - I’m from a pit town and I happen to be smart and unable to take no or you’ll never manage that as an answer. You need a spine of steel to stick to your working class class roots; especially now.

The fact she thinks she can even begin to relate to the constant strugglI’ve had/still have/will forever fucken have is boiling my piss. She has no grit, no determination and has never once has had her hands stamped on (let alone repeatedly) when trying to pull herself up by her bootstraps

I was talking to my pal about this the other night. I’m as working class as they come and like many Scottish people I speak colloquially mixed with Scots words. I’ve never been ashamed of being working class and it has never held me back work wise.

People have had this discussion on here before. She seems to resent her four and a half GCSES. I’m lucky. At the moment I’m doing a degree that I wouldn’t be able to afford to do if I lived elsewhere in the Uk. With the open university. But she can afford it. There is nothing holding her back from getting a degree. She has a chip on her shoulder because she’s grammar educated and has less of an education than she wants to have but the only person holding her back from getting those qualifications is her.

At the moment I’m doing the part time route as I can’t do full time as I’m on Uc so my study is around 10-12 hours a week. She could fit that in easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I may be late with this, but Companies House shows Jack’s date of birth as March 1978. 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
100% on the female football fan stuff. Just the other day a bloke at a business lunch thing started a football conversation across the table assuming I knew nothing about the topic and was then very surprised that I knew all about my own team. He literally said after a little bit, “oh, so you’re a real fan.” Women like Jack are very annoying for the reason you say.

It’s kind of like someone who isn’t a lesbian saying they’re a lesbian, and then I as an actual lesbian have to deal with blokes thinking they’re in with a chance if they pester me enough… or someone saying they’re an alcoholic and getting to write whole articles about it after a short period of problem drinking or when their issue is several stages behind those having to truly deal with the problem directly, and this contributes to misinformation about that too. Hmm, just throwing examples out there.

Back to football, as an Everton fan (I admit it, poor me), I often have to deal with glory-hunting Liverpool fans from nowhere near Liverpool who want to take the proverbial because my own team is so rubbish and theirs is fantastic, even though they only started supporting LFC in the first place because they’re so good, and it’s really no surprise to me at all that Jack has now decided LFC is her team. That seems… quite typical really.
I’m a Liverpool fan through my brother (the only redeeming quality he has). He started supporting them in the late 80s. In Scotland, a lot of football fans have an English team and it inevitably starts off as glory hunting (the huuuge amount of Man U fans here thanks to Fergie (who led Aberdeen to winning the European Cup Winners Cup on this day 1983 - happy Gothenburg Day ❤) which conveniently fell in with his hugely successful spell at Old Trafford…) unless you have ties to the place. But it’s sticking with them through the good, the bad and the mediocre, that counts for way more than someone buying you an away top for passing an exam. If it even happened.

Anyway, what I really quoted to say was that I hope Everton avoid relegation. I think it would be a real shame and a season without the Merseyside derby just wouldn’t be the same)
Kickyball Superfan Jack is my least favourite. I completely agree with everyone who has said that OH obviously a Liverpool fan and she just can’t see how that obvious that is to us. She either thinks everyone is beyond thick or she’s just completely shameless. Or both.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Last I checked, 'lamping' people doesn't convince them to change...
Once again with the violence. She really does have a strange idea about what is acceptable behaviour. Violence is never the answer, NEVER. Do you get that Jack?

I know that Jack is all talk and wouldn't actually resort to violence. But all her Tweets mentioning violent actions help to normalises something that should not EVER be considered normal. Especially as Jack has said that she has been the victim of violence from a partner. Not cool Jack. Not cool.

• Heart
Reactions: 89
Exactly what Bill Wilson and the founder members of AA wanted the prayer to mean 😡.

I’m jumping about like nobody’s business so I’m not sure what the reason for her saying this is but again Jack, I’d ask you politely to be careful of bandying AA stuff about to suit your narrative. You have a responsibility when talking about the fellowship and you have a bafflingly large following so please stop posting shite like this as it gives people the impression that you can batter people if you feel you have been wronged. That does not a spiritual programme make!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Why is she acting like Billy Big Bollocks when she was so nervous about being on Question Time she was sick in her hair?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I was talking to my pal about this the other night. I’m as working class as they come and like many Scottish people I speak colloquially mixed with Scots words. I’ve never been ashamed of being working class and it has never held me back work wise.

People have had this discussion on here before. She seems to resent her four and a half GCSES. I’m lucky. At the moment I’m doing a degree that I wouldn’t be able to afford to do if I lived elsewhere in the Uk. With the open university. But she can afford it. There is nothing holding her back from getting a degree. She has a chip on her shoulder because she’s grammar educated and has less of an education than she wants to have but the only person holding her back from getting those qualifications is her.

At the moment I’m doing the part time route as I can’t do full time as I’m on Uc so my study is around 10-12 hours a week. She could fit that in easily.
I did the same too, back when it was free and then cheap for us povs in England. Good luck with yours!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.