Jack Monroe #302 What in the westborough baptist church is that hair scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am about 200 threads behind, but just popping in to say I heard Cack Munroe on the radio earlier, I bet she is secretly rubbing her hands with glee at the prospect of interviews, articles etc regarding food affordability. It is indeed a scary time but NOT helped by Jack being the go-to spokesperson.

Reactions: 47
You don't pummel pastry. You'll overdevelop the gluten and it'll end up as tough as an old boot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
The sad thing is you can sit and think for hours about the most ridiculous joke recipe combination Jack could come up with - yet all of them seem perfectly pausable. For her. Nothing is ridiculous enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
CODE SWITCHING…frinkin cooode swwiiitching!!! this could finally be my tipping point. This term is very much used by and relevant to the black community in terms of how they have to conform in the work place. ( you can cockney slang Al over but god forbid your Afro is out and you use patois/other dialects)
Not a crappy slop slinger from Southend trying on ‘hats’ (pig skin and others). God she’s a dick. Usually I think she’s just an utterly bizarre person, but some times she makes me so pissed off i have to get a hold of myself! ( probs been said already tbh!)
Also sad I missed April in a hat 🎩 happy 300plus

toot toot cabal 🗣🗣

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 77
People’s perceptions are ridiculous, though. The way I look + my accent = I’m a thick twit, and you should see the attitude shift when they clock that I’m a STEM Grad.

I refuse to remould myself into an acceptable, highly educated, faux middle class woman - I’m from a pit town and I happen to be smart and unable to take no or you’ll never manage that as an answer. You need a spine of steel to stick to your working class class roots; especially now.

The fact she thinks she can even begin to relate to the constant strugglI’ve had/still have/will forever fucken have is boiling my piss. She has no grit, no determination and has never once has had her hands stamped on (let alone repeatedly) when trying to pull herself up by her bootstraps

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Somewhere, out there, is a Tory mp singing “smack me on the bottom with a woman’s weekly” I think yesterday’s wig Jack would be the perfect Jack to do this

• Haha
Reactions: 38
A light touch is generally better for pastry. Is there anything the horrid creature doesn't render inedible?
Ahhhhh! I see you’ve fell foul to the twisted lies of the lizard blooded ‘professional chefs’.
All dough is the same! Wake up, sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Need to add code-switching to the list of terminology Jack refuses to understand.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.