Jack Monroe #301 Jack Monroe Cheap and Cheerless

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If there's one thing that confuses me more than Jack's poverty timeline it's her dental issues. Frequently suffers from the most horrific of pain/infection/worst teeth ever due to poverty and alcoholism but also her teeth are 'perfectly fine apart from a little crowding' and the dentist can do nothing for her.

IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE 😩😩😩

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Can someone more creative do Jack-Arthur’s Seat-glee-point but at the cone??

also grunking but on the telly chat I think Jack just wants that bit of fame to snare a rich media type so she can just spend her time wafting about ‘campaigning’ with no other responsibilities

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The SEC, mid-June. Full details out next Wednesday, the info went out via a mailing list, but I'll post the link once it's live.
Well I suppose that one upside to her vile presence is that all poverty in Glasgow has apparently been sorted out as we don't appear to have any local poor people with something to contribute. Praise Jesus, we're Europe's poshest city.

ETA: I've used my triangulation skills. It's The Gathering isn't it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I am quite excited for Jack's reaction to Glasgow though because I bet she'll stay within three streets of Central and not go to any of the really amazing bits of the city, and all her opinions about it will be hysterically wrong (as per).

As I supped a double espresso in the historic Counting House*, I couldn't help but smile at the soft, gentle, curious glances I received from the locals, who were called Jock, Tam and Rabbie. Had they only ever seen a smol pixie in the glens of their childhoods? I knew, though, that we shared something that transcended borders. I related to their mournful hymn, 'Donald, Where's Your Troosers?', because I, too, had been questioned about my fashion and identity by my Old Chief, who asked "Traaaaazers? On a bird?" When I joined Jock, Tam and Rabbie at their table, they greeted me with what I understand to be an old Scotch blessing, chorusing, "Gonnae no dae that?"

*for the non Scots, this is a Spoons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
😂😂😂😂So she didn't even manage Veganury? I mean, I get it, I didn't either, but lucky I didn't write a book or announce to the internet I was vegan
Veganuary actually publicly dumped her as an ambassador, as I recall. Super embarrassing. And it wasn’t just because she “occasionally” (😂) eats meat - as Veganuary said they also support meat-eaters who are looking to reduce their meat intake - but because Jack was enthusiastically promoting low-welfare meat. They did a statement about it.
Also, when she did that Veganuary thing for Linda McCartney, she couldn’t even keep vegetarian for the month of the campaign.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Veganuary actually publicly dumped her as an ambassador, as I recall. Super embarrassing. And it wasn’t just because she “occasionally” (😂) eats meat - as Veganuary said they also support meat-eaters who are looking to reduce their meat intake - but because Jack was enthusiastically promoting low-welfare meat. They did a statement about it.
Also, when she did that Veganuary thing for Linda McCartney, she couldn’t even keep vegetarian for the month of the campaign.
I can’t remember them doing a statement? Mind you all her catastrophes blend into one 🤣 that’s so embarrassing

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am quite excited for Jack's reaction to Glasgow though because I bet she'll stay within three streets of Central and not go to any of the really amazing bits of the city, and all her opinions about it will be hysterically wrong (as per).

As I supped a double espresso in the historic Counting House*, I couldn't help but smile at the soft, gentle, curious glances I received from the locals, who were called Jock, Tam and Rabbie. Had they only ever seen a smol pixie in the glens of their childhoods? I knew, though, that we shared something that transcended borders. I related to their mournful hymn, 'Donald, Where's Your Troosers?', because I, too, had been questioned about my fashion and identity by my Old Chief, who asked "Traaaaazers? On a bird?" When I joined Jock, Tam and Rabbie at their table, they greeted me with what I understand to be an old Scotch blessing, chorusing, "Gonnae no dae that?"

Pmsl @ the counting house. I was just thinking earlier that’s where she would end up.

She should stay in the Z hotel, think it’s on queen st. Never stayed in that one but I have stayed in one of the London ones.

She would be within stoating distance of the Spoons then 🤣🤣

Her song would be stop yer tickling Jock as she likes a nuzzle.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

She'd tit herself in the Spoons. She'll be confined to Finnieston/West End which she'll think is terribly working class on account of all the tenements and because she's a galactic class moron. I have a friend who works with the homeless, I shall have to get them to put a warning out about a smol pixie bearing tupperware slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She'd tit herself in the Spoons. She'll be confined to Finnieston/West End which she'll think is terribly working class on account of all the tenements and because she's a galactic class moron. I have a friend who works with the homeless, I shall have to get them to put a warning out about a smol pixie bearing tupperware slop.
It’s either going to be The west end or the merchant city isn’t it?

She’ll go to the Chip or Oran Mor

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Pmsl @ the counting house. I was just thinking earlier that’s where she would end up.

She should stay in the Z hotel, think it’s on queen st. Never stayed in that one but I have stayed in one of the London ones.

She would be within stoating distance of the Spoons then 🤣🤣

Her song would be stop yer tickling Jock as she likes a nuzzle.
Dinner at the local, independent eatery, TGI Friday's maybe too?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Dinner at the local, independent eatery, TGI Friday's maybe too?
There's a Five Guys near both Central and Queen Street stations but no Dishoom sadly. There's also a few wee Sainsburys about the place, should any whispering weegies want to sidle up and tell her how much they admire her work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
God yeah, she'll get an Airbnb on Argyle St just along from Six by Nico and think she's slumming it.

What a truly collossal bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
She’s got a tooth abscess. Have you seen the state or the grey gums? Also it’s her trying to cover up her non filtered/face tuned gub. [/QUOTE said:
I've just had 5 weeks of unadulterated pure bloody hell with a dental abscess that's involved work and some awful antibiotics, and it has pushed another tooth up so it was loose. My face was so swollen and I was crying with the pain. Last week I went back and begged my lovely dentist to take it out which he did the relief was instant.

Jack go to the dentist and get it sorted, please. They're are consequences if you don't

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Just watching Ina again who has just said 'what's the point of a pinch of herbs? I like lots'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Well I suppose that one upside to her vile presence is that all poverty in Glasgow has apparently been sorted out as we don't appear to have any local poor people with something to contribute. Praise Jesus, we're Europe's poshest city.

ETA: I've used my triangulation skills. It's The Gathering isn't it.
Can't wait to see how Jack's chat is going to go down with people actually walking the walk. I hope at least a minimal level of homework is done or it could be very entertaining embarrassing.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.