Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am having a tomato and bean based dinner - Elly Pear's Tuscan bean stew - a simple dish but lovely flavours of thyme and sage.

On the face of it, not dissimilar to jack slop but things like cooking the onions properly etc make it nice and edible
You don't need to cook the onions properly. Chuck them in a cold pan and play a track of sizzling sounds.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
It's equally hilarious (and predictable) that Monroe went to Venice and imagined herself on a par with the culinary genius of the food that she was being served!
I remember the first time I went to Spain was when I was 10. I came back two weeks later with a tan thinking I was now Spanish. Same energy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Jack è la più grande truffatrice di tutti i tempi e tutte le sue ricette italiane saranno spaghetti depressi. Sto scrivendo questo in italiano solo per cercare di sembrare più interessante di me. proprio come gli appunti di Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
We are led to believe that Jack ate:

- pasta (enough to inspire a minor culinary revolution in Slop Towers)
- liver and polenta
- several kinds of pizza
- gelati several times a day

...over one weekend. Right.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Bollocks has she written anything in Italian. My kids are bilingual (and have dual citizenship, so could actually duck off there should they choose, unlike her) and writing a new language is a whole other ball game to speaking it. Mine struggled to write it despite being native speakers in both from toddler years (well, as much as they can be at that age).

I can speak it fairly well and understand more than I can speak but can’t write it for tit.

Pasta is the original Pov food. Which she would know if she knew anything about Usually with a maximum of 3 other ingredients added. The different shapes are for different sauces - ex MIL will not make a pasta dish without the correct shape. Because of how she was raised (moved here for University) not because she’s some sort of twatty pasta collector.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.