Jack Monroe #299 A wretched hive of scum and villainy!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That last thread ended too soon. I'm still o_O at Jack having the patronising audacity to try to tell Scottish people how to vote in Indyref and I'm also still o_O that Jack seems to expect us to believe that she can make copious notes on cooking in Italian when she can't even Per Rialto.
It's equally hilarious (and predictable) that Monroe went to Venice and imagined herself on a par with the culinary genius of the food that she was being served!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
At random moments an entirely uninvited image comes into my mind of the green fat gravy she brewed up at Christmas. Who the heck could bugger up gravy ?
She’s going to do something terrible I can just see it. Italian food is delicious and my Auntie ( married my uncle when he was a soldier in Naples in 1946 ) made lovely food with what was available at the time. Pasta wasn’t stocked in our shop so we made it. No machine but a rolling pin did the job. We grew tomatoes and onions. Herbs in tubs. Olive oil was bought from the chemist because it was used for earache.
No slop was eaten.
Hattie suits her hat. Boom boom 💥

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
You mean to say Jack's little bottle of dusty dried mixed herbs isn't authentically Italian?

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 15.36.22.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
I am having a tomato and bean based dinner - Elly Pear's Tuscan bean stew - a simple dish but lovely flavours of thyme and sage.

On the face of it, not dissimilar to jack slop but things like cooking the onions properly etc make it nice and edible

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It has been a literal age since I was last round these parts - it all got a bit too much for me around the time of the cancer-baiting/rehab/teacher s*xual assault postings. Thought I would pop my head in at the start of a new thread to say hi! Hope you're all well.

Now she's threatening to ruin Italian food... (as if that abysmal green boak / linguine - I think?? - on This Morning a couple of years ago was not bad enough)

P.S. I'm loving the cinco de mayo hats.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
Greeny-blue squig is a well respected foodie.

(The first tweet was retweeted by Trifley D!)

FC8804AB-CE97-421E-B524-5DB127698540.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
Screenshot_20220505_160012.jpg

@Fruitjack put it perfectly - the other thing about simple food is that the the cook really needs to know what they are doing because there is nowhere to hide sloppy incompetence under edible gold spray and sugarpaste recreations of dead pets

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
At random moments an entirely uninvited image comes into my mind of the green fat gravy she brewed up at Christmas. Who the heck could bugger up gravy ?
She’s going to do something terrible I can just see it. Italian food is delicious and my Auntie ( married my uncle when he was a soldier in Naples in 1946 ) made lovely food with what was available at the time. Pasta wasn’t stocked in our shop so we made it. No machine but a rolling pin did the job. We grew tomatoes and onions. Herbs in tubs. Olive oil was bought from the chemist because it was used for earache.
No slop was eaten.
Hattie suits her hat. Boom boom 💥

I still have nightmares and the dog will never be the same.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Jack è la più grande truffatrice di tutti i tempi e tutte le sue ricette italiane saranno spaghetti depressi. Sto scrivendo questo in italiano solo per cercare di sembrare più interessante di me. proprio come gli appunti di Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just been to vote. It was a bit creepy only me in there and my footsteps echoed. It’s only round the corner and I haven’t seen any more people walking past my house than usual.
Didn’t spoil my vote though. The vote that women before me fought for and to who I will always be thankful.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.