Jack Monroe #298 Perhaps she would get a mortgage if she paid her taxes and didn’t spank money on rusty spoons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully she does a namesearch when she wakes up, so she can see just what people outside of her sycophantic little bubble really think of her 🥰
Ah, I needed that. Seeing all the sycophantic praise makes me feel ill. Reaching that point where I need to take a break from her threads again.
Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 09.09.01.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

Yel

I'm hooting! A slop along really helps those of us that are intermittent fasting. I was close to eating and then Lorraine saves the day! 🥳

The real Lorraine too, if Lorraine playing the role of a bubbly personality of someone called Lorraine in order to reduce the tax owed to HMRC counts as the real Lorraine

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I’d love to see Jack interview Nicola Sturgeon so that Nicola could do her famous eye roll/did ye aye/what the duck expression.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Does Jack actually do any politics other than the Tories are evil scum?

You'd think if she really was into politics she might mention people like Angela Rayner or Caroline Lucas.
No, because then she’d need to learn and understand. It’s a cop out. I know this because I opposed Brexit symbolically, emotionally, and ideologically, with every fibre of my being. So I didn’t even bother looking into the mechanics or details of it. I very wrongly thought my heartfelt and gut feelings about it absolved me from responsibly finding out the facts.

I regret that now because I’m useless in an argument about it. I’d still be vehemently opposed, but for reasons more credible than “Brexit bad” and unlike Jack I don’t enjoy winging it in a debate.

It gives me the fear for her how much she spouts nonsense about politics when Twitter is positively jammed with people who know infinitely more than she does. If she was more on their radar, they’d school her without breaking a sweat and without even needing to be partisan.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Lads I put Lorraine on - and her lovely leading questions to that nice actress from ER and I have to mute her she’s so 😑 I felt my brain start to melt - how long until slop?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I'll have chance to be at my phone at slop o'clock! It's everything I deserve- I had soup for breakfast this morning (just didn't want it to go to waste or take up room in the freezer).

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I have had a thought about her gloating about her 500k followers and came up with the following conclusion which will no doubt rankle with her once she catches up...

1. The population of the UK is nearing 68 million, and the world 8 billion.
2. Her followers are not 100% UK resident
3. Many of her followers will be inactive accounts
4. Many of her followers will be voyeuristic, waiting for a chaos.
5. Most followers do not interact with her.
6. Some of her followers may well not agree with her.

So she has a really tiny reach. When you boil it down, her UK followers are probably less than 0.1% of the population and the majority of them ignore her most of the time.

Most people have no idea who she is. When she appears on TV, by the time the next adverts are on they have forgotten her. To 99.9% of the population of the UK she is an irrelevance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
She’s just an attention seeker. Of course she couldn’t support Corbyn when other people did. Of course she had to spoil her Brexit vote. She constantly needs attention and this is the way she gets it.

• Angry
Reactions: 32
Ah, I needed that. Seeing all the sycophantic praise makes me feel ill. Reaching that point where I need to take a break from her threads again.
That is why I disappeared for a while. Though I did miss the humour and the friendly banter of the Fraus.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Yes, thanks!

I can barely keep up with her take on The Most Important Election In History, but two quick things -

a) at a local level, party tends to matter less than the candidates themselves. Here for example we have 3 levels of election (municipal, regional, national) and it's quite common for a town/city that consistently returns Party X in the national level to vote for a mayor from Party Y. More people will have personal contact with local politicians, and "is he fixing the potholes?" is a far more relevant question than "what's his take on classical liberalism?"

b) despite all of Jack's rants, I have no idea what the Labour party plans to do if elected. An effective activist would highlight policies, rather than just shouting "WAAAAAAAH TORIES BAD" over and over. According to Jack, the only reason to vote Labour is that they're not Conservative, which is a pretty tit take, and not exactly inspiring.
The truth is all political parties at the moment are a shower of shite. They are all in it for what they can get it's not just the "greedy Tories" anymore....

She says that yes don't vote for them because of their leader as he will be ousted. No offence Hun but the people that originally voted Tory voted for Cameron and then he bailed and we got May then she was ousted for Boris. None of those politicians were better than their forebearer so saying " don't worry about starmer he will be replaced, but by who is the issue.

Reactions: 26
I have a meeting in a few minutes and I’ve just put Lorraine on to see Dr Hilary and actual Lorraine holding a giant pair of pants, talking about bowel cancer. Have I missed our smol pixie and her slop?

ETA - No! Here we go! Mixed bean goulash!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1244160
It’s certainly done me some good. Although I was away longer than intended and didn’t read for about 3 months, then didn’t feel I could post again because of that so just read. I did miss the uniqueness of the canal and interaction, no other threads on this forum are the same as here.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It's called meaty goulash but veggies can leave out the meat. twit

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.