Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has lost 100 followers in the last hour or so, and I think a hundred more before that this evening.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Once, out of morbid curiosity, I viewed Jack Monroe singing Lsndslide

My husband who I consider to be impartial as he doesn't know who Jack is, said who the duck is that? Do they think they can sing? Csn you switch it off please
reaction to Jack’s singing is how I filter out potential partners . Pretend it’s part of a random YouTube playlist , and if there response is vaguely positive, then there is no second date! If they remain silent , I push with a casual do you know of their work question . Got to weed out the weirdos early

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Wtf is going on there?
She has had several thousand join up over the last few days. If this is the first time they have looked closely at what she posts I am not surprised that a few of them (relatively) are going 'no thanks'.

• Haha
You get the boxing gloves and taser. I'll go and hide in a cupboard.

Wtf is going on there?
A lot of "I'm leaving Twitter forever because Elon Musk", most likely rather than anything Jack-specific.

• Haha
On the book chat, Lowborn by Kerry Hudson features extensive, grim descriptions of the type of seafront 'B&B' dear DEAD Grandpappy was running and Jack was waxing lyrical about just recently.

Which is to say, either Jack's not read it or, more horrifyingly, it made her nostalgic for those days...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
Also, and I have issues with self control when it comes to buying books (mostly from charity shops, but frequently new) but buying books isn't an essential when you're as poor as Jack likes to pretend. How many of her so called target audience could spunk hundred plus quid on performative literature?
I think Jack’s actual target audience, not her pretend target audience of poors, can well afford to spunk money on books

After all they can afford to give her money for nothing in return and stuff tenners in her tip jar and buy nasty hoodies.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Do you think people really message her? And in the middle of the night? To talk about their local services for poverty? Rather than actual organizations like Christians Against Poverty?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Do you think people really message her? And in the middle of the night? To talk about their local services for poverty? Rather than actual organizations like Christians Against Poverty?
Honestly, going by some of the recent squigs and how obsessive people are about her? Maybe. Which is pretty devastating really.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Honestly, I wouldn’t message someone who says they are exhausted and work 100 hour weeks. And calls themselves disorganized.

• Haha
Possibly some Twitter randoms but she really should have worked out how to deal with that by now by getting together the resources to signpost people to proper sources of support and advice. There is no requirement for Jack to be answering DMs in the middle of the night.

Reactions: 37
Didn’t a squig recently say she’s messaged Jack for support/advice and Jack hadn’t even acknowledged it ?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.