Jack Monroe #294 It's like 10,000 tweets when all you need is a life.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sniggers. A ha ha ha ha🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

you’re enabling them by telling folk it’s easy to live on 20 quid a week for food for 3 people when it isn’t you absolute moron

I should actually thank jack because thanks to her over the last few days when Ive been thinking shall I buy myself a treat. Mainly sweet because I’m not sweet toothed I’ve bought it. The rationale has been it would taste better than her slop

And don’t ask me why. My mum brought me down some noodles today and I was like mmmmmm. Cheap packet noodles. Still tastier than slop 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 38
"Unflinchingly" - oh duck off you pompous twit!

God help a child that has sensory issues with food and is regularly served (if we believe Jack's lies) porridge with cooking bacon and fried chunks of banana skin :sick:

See also the trotter and lentil pastitsio she was threatening to make.

• Sick
Reactions: 31
Lies! She totally made out mini was hers/ needed named by her/ settling in well/ getting on with Cooper… wtf
She absolutely did. Given her track record, I think poor Mini's "forever home" is
a hole in the crappy bungalow's garden and she just doesn't want to mention it after the Sophie/Pretzel events.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
She's just never going to engage with totally valid criticisms or do any self reflection, is she?

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 23.20.19.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
'nobody pays me for this' makes it sound like she resents doing it.

• Angry
Reactions: 42
She absolutely did. Given her track record, I think poor Mini's "forever home" is
a hole in the crappy bungalow's garden and she just doesn't want to mention it after the Sophie/Pretzel events.
She is such a liar.
She talked about getting a new member of the family. Naming her. Wth would she do this if she knew the kitten was only temporary? Why not say when the kitten was leaving and it was sad to see her go?
Argh she makes me so angry.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
Jesus wept. Look Jack, it's perfectly simple. Can you explain, why a Tory saying you can eat well on £20 per week is evil but it is OK for you to claim you can feed three people well on £20 per week? Either it's true or it isn't?

Also if, as you assert, living on a £20 per week food budget is detrimental to your health, why are you intentionally harming your own health and that of your child when you have an income that would allow you to spend more on food? Why don't you include health warnings on your website and in your books? Don't you think it's irresponsible to promote an unhealthy diet to people who are struggling?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Most research and facts these days are posted online, rather than in books that can go out of date very easily. Unless it’s seminal information of course. Also having a pile of books proves nothing except that you have a pile of books.
Also, and I have issues with self control when it comes to buying books (mostly from charity shops, but frequently new) but buying books isn't an essential when you're as poor as Jack likes to pretend. How many of her so called target audience could spunk hundred plus quid on performative literature?

Reactions: 27
Why the duck would you name a kitten to match with your older cat (in fact why would you name it at all…?) if you were just minding her? She’s a liar and an animal abuser.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 82
But you rake in the dosh from your Patreons you horrible grifter don’t you. I don’t believe you. I don’t believe hundreds of people a week contact you. You are a compulsive liar and a needy attention seeker who should get off and stay off twitter. Fraud.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
There’s something weird about her twitter exchanges the last day or two. The fawning ones are so so over the top.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I'd be more worried about the muscle on the Pumble.

(Promise I'll shut up about the Pumble. It won't be spoken of again on these threads).
I dunno, we should probably have regular Pumble drills. You never know when it's ready to feed. We're all at risk.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Hopefully she's off to bed, so I am too. I'm not Jack. Please could someone keep an eye out, can't believe she's said that about Mini to be honest who she hasn't mentioned since, well, Mini appeared.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
It's another case of Jack failing to understand a term. See also the full phrasing of Jack of all trades and the actual intention of the Vimes Boot Index
I've finally figured out what I'd ask Jack if she was sitting here in front of me. I'd ask her a. what did you mean to say when you called RBG 'peripatetic' in her heartfelt tribute to her on her sock account. but also actually (and only if she were able to answer honestly, which is a glaring problem for Jack) I'd ask what really happened to Mini. Her 'forever home', eh? Happily ever after? Cos even your description makes it sound like she died. She was only temporary I suppose. In the grand opera of your life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.