Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1219750

Yes, if only Jacks cheap pork based meal plan could be shared with everyone*. Poverty would be solved and we could all throw our hats in the air.

*Offer does not apply to Muslims, Jews, Vegans or Vegetarians.
Hand it to everyone going to the tip maybe. Makes most sense to throw it straight into the general household?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Oh fucks sake the Squigs are going to nominate her for Food Hero aren't they?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
It's utterly damning of the UK's relationship with food that something as disordered, unappetising, badly-presented, lacking in nutrition and unnecessarily complex as that meal plan is being lauded by media and food personalities.

What on earth is going on? I'm baffled.
None of the blue tickers applauding this would EVER eat like this. It's a waste of time and resources. Good food can be cheap and nutritious, but the real issue are low wages and high cost of housing. Cheap pork products are not the solution. Just say no, kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She's swerved replying to the OP which is the actual point.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.01.44.png

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.01.27.png

ETA sorry, she responded to the OP with this

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.03.07.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
Oh fucks sake the Squig's are going to nominate her for Food Hero aren't they?
There’s 200 plus of us. Think we could easily get someone over the line. Time for Slopbot to get the award it deserves? Or that Georgian cookbook author

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Yeah, her first cookbook had no salt in it because SB's food was unsalted. I wish someone would explain the concept of food writing to her and how you don't write recipes *just* for yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Jack has replied to this persons tweet by posting the triggering 'I am a campaigner/backstory thread. I guess she must be catching up here this morning.
TBF this isn't a bad tactic. I'd shut up too if she sent me a link to a thread which described (without a content warning) a suicide attempt in graphic detail. She really can't stoop low enough, can she?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
There’s 200 plus of us. Think we could easily get someone over the line. Time for Slopbot to get the award it deserves? Or that Georgian cookbook author
I might nominate THAT MAN for his lockdown cookery show. Or Sir Matt for putting up with the slopgibbon every day for 2 weeks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
[QUOTE="hellosailor⚓, post: 9475098, member: 3292 She might have posh sideboards but her mind is furnished like a a 1970s seaside guesthouse (the holiday type, not the grandpa's doss house type). Her soul is a crochet bog roll dolly that's been gathering toilet dust in a little-used downstairs "powder room" since 1978.

Well worth the wait. Brava!!💋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
One to add to our "squigs are bonkers' folder.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.09.31.png

Same person -

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.10.42.png

Same person, Jack's liked this, they'll "fight them off for you".

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.13.05.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
Don’t do it squig! Throw the bananas away and take the loss, it’s really not worth it.

Her cake recipes do not need more flour.

View attachment 1219019

You should not have to knead cake mixture.

I’ve been broken.
It’s almost like she didn’t know what a loaf cake was and attempted to make actual bread dough 😂
Didn’t realise that Saint Jack invented ‘the working class’s banana bread’ since it’s usually such an inaccessible recipe 🙄
It would have taken that squig a fraction of the time to just Google banana bread and they’d have been met with thousands of almost identical recipes.
Banana bread is so simple and easy, if you’ve got over ripe bananas and don’t have a loaf tin use a cake tin, if you don’t have a cake tin make banana pancakes (easy as duck and again almost all the recipes are the same).

I’ve been telling my sister about these threads and the slopgoblin, and her first reaction was that her flying monkeys act like they’ve been artificially grown in a lab as some kind of alien spies and have spent two days on earth impersonating humans 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.