Jack Monroe #293 Georgia Church Suppers, just like MamaPapa used to make!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am glad someone mentioned Pat's food and Thrifty Lesley - so many better examples of meal planning put there. Plus I think Pat runs a Facebook group for frugal eating which is really helpful and supportive for people who find themselves in the tit.

I just don't get why people pat her on the back for this crap. Setup a spread sheet which would allow you to type in the weight of an ingredient and it would give you the calories, the cost, the percentage of five a day etc. It would take about an hour given she only really uses ten bleeping ingredients over and over anyway. Then you can put in any recipe you want and get the numbers in 2 nanoseconds.

Stop poring over a stupid piece of paper with a pen pretending it is 10 hours work blah, blah, blah. You do this manually but you honestly think you can work out a new index of inflation? WHAT bleeping PLANET ARE YOU ON?

She is getting on my every last nerve
Her spreadsheet is broken. Send Houseos

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Her environment credentials are really crap, and the Food Programme pretends it cares about the environment. I try to cut down on red meat and dairy and foods brought here by plane. Not always very successfully but if I had a platform of half a million I would not be recommending bollocky pork. And she's still getting income from the veganish book.

Reactions: 33
Yeah that's what really grates my spam about her performative meal plans.

Anyone with a brain knows that while a £20 food budget for 2 people for is possible, it is going to involve a lot of cheap bread and potato if it's going to actually fill you up. Not 7 pence worth of mung beans and a bag of smart price wotsits.
This is where Jack's food snobbery comes into play. Many British people grew up on a bread and potato based diet, and it still works well.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Willing to bet that Terry Pratchetts family curse the day they agreed to allow monroe to hijack this character. Terry Pratchett was a witty,sharp, clever,incisive and wonderful writer, it pains me that people will associate him in any way with this fraud. I for one wish monroe would take his name outta her mouth because this ain’t it.
Same and it’s what bought me here. TP’s writing about why it’s so expensive to be poor is a brilliant piece of writing and the fact she’s jumped on to that and being lauded as much as him for not having done anything gives me such rage

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1218728
What are these people talking about?? Am I missing something?

Is shopping, planning & cooking amazing???

I do this every week too, so do billions worldwide. We all completed it mate!
I had no idea it was considered such an accomplishment I might add it to my CV and talk about it at job interviews.
Because the people admiring this do not need to constantly count their pennies. They can buy what they like. This is poverty tourism & makes me furious.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I thought she was dancing with glee and counting the seconds until she could say good riddance to the not crappy not bungalow
Absolutely this, the Jackolytes do not even have the alleged memory span of goldfishes and cannot remember that Jack was tied to the hellhouse by the evil landlady but was planning to escape the second the contract expired.

Reactions: 32
Ah. 'Struggling to breath'. That will explain the nasal monotone and mouth breathing.
And why the duck is she exhausted again? Why is she always exhausted?
Is it part of an illness or are we to surmise it is through all the work she does? Doesn’t do?
FTFY 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Same and it’s what bought me here. TP’s writing about why it’s so expensive to be poor is a brilliant piece of writing and the fact she’s jumped on to that and being lauded as much as him for not having done anything gives me such rage
Food doesn’t even work with Vimes boots, it doesn’t matter if you shop at Fortnum and Maison or Lidl, rich or poor you still need to replace consumed food at the same rate.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Same here, two wee ones with Asd, physical disabilities, food intolerance and eating issues re texture, sensitive gag reflex and oral aversions. My shopping bill is sky-high and I cook and bake so much to meet all demands. Jack has not a bleeping clue. In fact Jack doesn't know how to do anything properly.
I’m really weird about textures etc in food and the thing that makes me gag at Jacks menu (and her food in general) is that NOTHING IS SEPARATE! A cheap dinner for my family is something like cheesy jackets, veggie sausages & beans- 3 separate things, not all bunged together in a stew or stroganoff or soup. I rarely eat pasta dishes or stews etc because I feel like every mouthful is the same! But apart from the occasional pie ALL of jacks meals are like that!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Is there any indication she will be on Lorraine or has the “7 years in the making, gig of a lifetime” been softly, softly forgotten about?

Also. If we have this plan that is in equal parts upsetting and infuriating, the least she could do is provide an up-to-date one with pictures each day so we can console ourselves that we don’t have to eat what she is producing each day.*

* she doesn’t eat it either in all honesty. She pretends she eats 30g of cereal and 67ml of milk but actually she is probably having a hazelnut double shot latte and fruit toast with extra jam from Starbucks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
She obviously doesn’t use that meal plan in the slightest. Her real weekly planner looks more like this.
Monday: lie in. Twitter all day 🤗. Check for old spoons on eBay? 🤤 Tattle Grunk
Tuesday: half an hour to photocopy receipts for VBI. Ocado online shop. Mix soda drinks and tea all afternoon. YNWA Tweet in evening. Tattle Grunk
Wednesday: write about poverty for The Guardian. Answer a few emails. Any big money makers? Make bowl of slop, Tweet picture, show old recipe, eat takeaway 🤪
Thursday: 150 Grifty Tips book edits; political Tweet, berating Tories - find new MP to take apart 😏 Tattle Grunk
Friday: watch Lorraine. rearrange kitchen. write out fake meal planner. Tattle Grunk
Saturday: So tired, long sleep, maybe play with SB in afternoon 😴 hunt for new sideboards. Check Patreon money. Tattle Grunk
Sunday: big pub lunch with OH 🤪 Tattle Grunk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
She was “sick” the R4 day?? Is that what the yoof are calling j1g these days?

She wasn’t sick, she tweeted every brain fart on the Queen t-shirt day, and the pictures show she wasn’t unwell. Also, if she was so unwell, why would she have had someone in her house for hours potentially passing this alleged sickness on? Jack, anyone who has ever listened to you knows you always sounds nasal and phlegm-ridden. Sick, my arse!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Sorry, not sure if we got these screenshots?

Legacy benefits? Completed it mate!

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 08.56.42.png

She doesn't even follow this person -
Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 08.56.08.png

SB with his dad a third of the time.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 08.55.53.png

Phenomenal

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 08.54.31.png

No mention of her on Lorraine again.
Morning!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.