Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

jenny2603

VIP Member
Haha good point. Jack's food rots your teeth. Brilliant.
Yeah, given that A Girl Called Jack was based entirely around stuff she cooked during The Poverty and it's affected her health to such an extent, they really shouldn't be giving it out to people in food banks. Not everyone using a food bank will have extensive knowledge of nutrition and it seems irresponsible to encourage them to eat food that will damage their health so severely in such a short space of time. Perhaps the squigs should buy vitamin supplements and dental products for the food bank instead of one of Jack's dangerous books.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 70

Elastoblast

VIP Member
she knows fuck all about the autistic community. Has she ever spoken to another autistic person. Her view point is so very narrow
I'm so with the squig on this. Two autistic children, one with ARFID. Can only eat a very limited range of food. I had to try to stock up on pasta when the panic buying was on as he that is one of his safe foods. He'll eat chicken goujons, if frozen they have to be birds eye ones, or he'll eat the Tesco or Asda own brand fresh ones. That and fruit which isn't cheap. And if the manufacturers change the recipe of a safe food my heart sinks. Accidentally got reduced sugar tomato ketchup recently...wondered why he wasn't eating. Other not eats well but won't eat anything with sauces but will tolerate gravy. Shopping and meal planning is not that easy. Add in the fact they are lactose intolerant and I've gone on the FODMAP diet on medical advice. I end up cooking three variations of dinner. Thank goodness Mr Elastoblast can eat literally anything! I do try to watch our budget but trying to ensure everyone gets a reasonably balanced diet is not easy. We certainly wouldn't get by on her portions or concoctions. I'm also aware we are very lucky income wise as Mr E is in full-time employment and I'm in a part-time weekend job while I study and do whatever else needs done. If Jack is so aware of the needs of those in poverty she could use her experience as an autistic person to help raise awareness of the food issues, sensory issues and the costs that they incur. Also a she's supposed to be allergic what about those who have to avoid certain ingredients etc

• Heart
We need this long story pls.
Lool can’t believe I’m admitting being so weird + inarguably gross but the Victorians would dump their rubbish on the outskirts of London & you can go rummaging through those dumps now (with permission) for glass and ceramics! So I have a ton of old stuff like ink wells and poison bottles for flowers 🌻 but idk why I stupidly decided to wash them in the kitchen sink rather than the garden with a hose so the ten million stones from that clogged the drain. The plumber laughed at me and he just used a long screw driver to shimmy them out so I should have tried that I was just shooketh 😩

Were you rinsing out your rock gem tumbler without a sieve?
The truly shocking thing is it’s not that far off 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

BlendedSlop

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220424-170806_Twitter.jpg

She already has a series, silly squig. It's...er...on ITV sometime between 9am and 10am I think? Someone called Lorraine is supposed to be her co-presenter but hasn't shown up yet. They keep moving it around the schedule so I can understand how you've missed it. It's an absolute banger though, 7 years in the making!

(Not sure what tagging the BBC iPlayer is supposed to accomplish, but you have to admire their enthusiasm.)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 69

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
One to add to our "squigs are bonkers' folder.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.09.31.png

Same person -

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.10.42.png

Same person, Jack's liked this, they'll "fight them off for you".

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 10.13.05.png

• Wow
  • Haha
I've gone back to listen and transcribe!

Discussion of social media backlash starts at 23 mins.
Transcribed:
"I've got many theories around it [why places like Tattle exist]. One of them is that hate is an excellent money-spinner, so the online gossip forums that are dedicated to tearing down people like me and other, generally women in the public eye. Stacey Solomon gets a lot of it, and Mrs Hinch gets a lot of it [high-pitched] working class women made good, they don't like [unintelligible nasal]. People like the story arc of the person in poverty being successful until ONE OF US ACTUALLY IS [her voice was really projecting here], and then they're like, "Back in your box, you uppity little upstart." They don't like it."

But yes, she did use the word. If Jack wasn't aware, surely the production team would have known?
I have to ignore the WC thing as it is just offensive and ridiculous, and I wouldn’t call living off a Patreon income WC done good? You’re a thick middle class girl scammer and you will come unravelled soon enough.

But just have to cackle at her comparing herself to women that bought their families houses worth at least twice the £750k frumpsville one she keeps banging on about. You’re not in the same league at all sweetie.

• Haha
  • Heart

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
Am sure she said previously she did drink when she was poor. Am sure I saw an article where she spoke about buying basics cans of lager
“In case any of you want to accuse my new lie of crashing into an old lie, let me just inform you that my old lie isn’t as relevant as my new lie anymore and my newest lie fits much more nicely in with another new lie which isn’t quite as new as my newest new lie so if you just so just ignore my old lie and trust completely in my newish and my newest new lies, that would be great. Cheers.”

• Haha
  • Heart

Smeghead

VIP Member
She obviously doesn’t use that meal plan in the slightest. Her real weekly planner looks more like this.
Monday: lie in. Twitter all day 🤗. Check for old spoons on eBay? 🤤 Tattle Grunk
Tuesday: half an hour to photocopy receipts for VBI. Ocado online shop. Mix soda drinks and tea all afternoon. YNWA Tweet in evening. Tattle Grunk
Wednesday: write about poverty for The Guardian. Answer a few emails. Any big money makers? Make bowl of slop, Tweet picture, show old recipe, eat takeaway 🤪
Thursday: 150 Grifty Tips book edits; political Tweet, berating Tories - find new MP to take apart 😏 Tattle Grunk
Friday: watch Lorraine. rearrange kitchen. write out fake meal planner. Tattle Grunk
Saturday: So tired, long sleep, maybe play with SB in afternoon 😴 hunt for new sideboards. Check Patreon money. Tattle Grunk
Sunday: big pub lunch with OH 🤪 Tattle Grunk

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
I’m so happy my exploding depression mozzarella has made youse smile today!

No matter how bad it gets check your dairy expiration dates fraus.
You can actually freeze mozzarella. #supersaver

Then I like to to defrost it on my sunniest window sill, carefully stab the pack to release the gases and pour the defrosty juice over a pineapple to cook it.
#sciencefacts

You can pop the mozzarella ball on a radiator to dry out for a few weeks and softly blitz it with curly kale for a luxurious shower gel.
#nowastehack

• Haha
  • Sick

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yes, thank space you I do own a Russell Sob scale
I don’t have cornflakes so I used Tesco rice snaps. I think it’s a lot more yield than the honey nut flakes would give you as they would be heavier. I used a mug for scale. The milk is in my tiny ironing water jug.
B306EF3B-31BF-46A9-94F6-5CB1B2C3271A.jpeg

In the excitement I spilled a lot of rice puffs. I added the milk to the cereal. Not gonna lie, the amount of cereal was ok but it was dry AF the milk filled the first inch of the mug. I dug down to find it, but couldn’t. I had to eat the dryish cereal to get to milky goodness. I’m actually thirsty now.
4E376382-596C-4BFF-BECC-E88641069767.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
She was “sick” the R4 day?? Is that what the yoof are calling j1g these days?

She wasn’t sick, she tweeted every brain fart on the Queen t-shirt day, and the pictures show she wasn’t unwell. Also, if she was so unwell, why would she have had someone in her house for hours potentially passing this alleged sickness on? Jack, anyone who has ever listened to you knows you always sounds nasal and phlegm-ridden. Sick, my arse!

• Haha
  • Heart

Elastoblast

VIP Member
Persil non bio tabs which will undoubtedly be the most expensive option are currently £6.50 at sainsburys, so 17p a wash.

I recently paid a plumber £42 as a half hour charge to be in my house for 10 minutes cos I accidentally clogged up my kitchen sink’s drainage with small stones (long story). You’d have to save 17p * 247 washes to just break even on that call out cost. Is it worth the risk?!
Were you rinsing out your rock gem tumbler without a sieve?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
Me printing out the shopping receipt, the first meal plan and the second meal plan & sticky taping them to the wall so I can compare and contrast like

Three days ago Jack was 50% caffeine.

Screenshot_20220424-184508_Twitter.jpg

No coffee on the planner? She's not getting any from the herbal tea so 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Angry

Fruitjack

VIP Member
It reeeeeeally pisses me off when she writes applesauce.
She does that because she’s stolen all her vegan recipes from American authors who call it that and have been using it in vegan baking for many years. It’s a staple ingredient there bought in huge jars.

or could be in Tblisi now I think, the 2 are interchangeable

• Haha