Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MooBelle

VIP Member
She said her ED was a consequence of CSA?

I know she’s alluded to being r*ped and sexually abused in relationships, but I think this is the first time she’s mentioned being abused as a child?

Wow.

I mean, given that her parents are foster carers, she’s either saying that a foster child abused her in the home or it was someone associated with the family, under her parents’ noses, despite them no doubt being better versed in safeguarding than the average parent in the 90s.

As ever, I hope she’s lying/exaggerating. And I feel sorry for her parents constantly being passively-aggressively smeared by her allegations.
She's said before that a fostered child abused her as well as alluding to other incidents of CSA.
Her brother and other family members/family friends called her out on it saying it was categorically untrue and she deleted the tweets.
It was before the days of Tattle.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 82

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I fear for Polish chef Damian and his suggested fundraiser with Jack. He has obviously made the schoolboy error of thinking she is some sort of competent chef. There is simply no way on earth she can cater for 500 people. She will only be an impediment. He will end up doing all of the work, but with added extra work and stress on top because she will do a multiple chaos. Don’t do it Damian!
It’s a shame cos he seems genuine. He has actually been involved in fundraising for Ukraine and delivering supplies to the country over the last few weeks. He also cooks for the local homeless community where he has his restaurant.
Whereas WTF has Jack done? I mean, actually done? Not invisible stuff like the Vimes Boots Index. Not recipes for gruesome calorie-deficient nutrition-deficient bowls of gruel costing 29p which no one in their right is going to cook. Measurable achievements? Anyone ..?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 79

jenny2603

VIP Member
Screenshot 2022-04-25 09.46.53.png

Yes, if only Jacks cheap pork based meal plan could be shared with everyone*. Poverty would be solved and we could all throw our hats in the air.

*Offer does not apply to Muslims, Jews, Vegans or Vegetarians.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 79

Feck

Chatty Member
Can somebody run up and fetch my kids out of the bath please because I very innocently nipped on to watch the new thread and this, I can barely type coherently through the giggles, has sent me.

"congratulations, you have won an all expenses paid weekend away in the Georgia of your choice!"

This will never not be funny. That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: 78
The good news is that I finally did another Slopbot update as my Thankyou counter was getting very unruly (74 over the last 111 days which is *0.67 Thankyous per day, I love facts) and now Jack's Georgian error is preserved for all time in his code. Toot toot knobhead 🥰

slopbot mocks jack.png

Edit: I fucked the maths again. I'm an actual idiot.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
Yeah, her first cookbook had no salt in it because SB's food was unsalted. I wish someone would explain the concept of food writing to her and how you don't write recipes *just* for yourself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

Lazarus

VIP Member
FDEDACDB-D46E-4055-BA13-5275D2004E1A.jpeg

i thought her neck looked much thinner in the Easter photo.
Note: Tiffany earrings present in the photo on the right.

• Haha
  • Wow

pottysquatter

Right. I only lurk and grunk on here when I hear about Jack's chaoses but I can't keep my gob shut about that awful meal plan. You can't buy 2p worth of squash, it comes in a bottle for a quid. Cucumber that costs 45p used in a 29p (27p?) sandwich and then never seen again? Has she googled meal plans in the same way she googled Georgia Cook books? Tesco do a great meal plan in their free magazine £25 or less inc full bags of rice etc and everything on the list is used up completely. That's it, I'm exhausted from the delurk, send cattos (cashos) kthnxbye

• Heart
  • Haha

jenny2603

VIP Member
Blue-tickers falling over themselves to brown nose :rolleyes:

View attachment 1218732

Edited to add: this journo is an investigative reporter. I'd say don't give up the day job, but...

View attachment 1218737
I cannot abide these stupid decadent fucks. You don't get away with ignoring an entire class of people 365 days a year and get off the hook because you rimmed Jack Monroe's middle class arse every so often. Do they know we can all see them?

• Haha
  • Heart

Shimmering

VIP Member
Could we add a poll to the thread to see who thinks Jack made the mistake because she:

A) owns Georgia Church Suppers but has never read it and couldn't even make the effort to take it off the shelf and look at it before recommending it.

B) owns it and has read it and cooked from it and STILL thinks it's about the country not the state.

C) has never owned or read the book, but googled "Georgia cookbook" and the rest is history.

D) was referring to another Georgian church based cookbook which you won't have heard of as she's working on it behind the scenes and obscured its identity as she doesn't want the author to be attacked by evil vicious trolls. HAVE A LOVELY EVENING!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Usually feels too harsh to say this but as a mother Jack is honestly my worst nightmare end result. I would cry myself to sleep every night if my child (demographically v similar - 3rd gen, MC, privileged) ended up anything like her. Her parents should be ashamed of themselves for not having a word - she’s not working class and she’s not Cypriot.

• Heart
  • Haha

Satisfying Click

VIP Member
Describing Jack as a rock star, this is mortifying :ROFLMAO:

And reliving a classic!
Jack: we're making a salad dressing in a jam jar, it's a good way to make dressing!
Matt: That's a Jamie Oliver thing, isn't it?!
Jack, barely containing her rage: a lot of TV chefs have made salad dressings in jam jars

• Haha
  • Heart