Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
Yes! This stupid thing:

I love that they have to pretend that making pasta is SO hard, and a solution needs to be found to make it easier. I bet you anything you’d end up with a starchy mess and scald the shit out of you hand when using this thing.
That was the thing!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Clarends

Chatty Member
Can you imagine how Jack would go down if she turned up to a developing country where much larger percentages of the population live in poverty?

Turning up somewhere with her silly little lists and slop where people work hard for little money but know how to make proper banging flavourful food.

She would be rinsed along with her beans!

The squigs and blue ticks falling over themselves with sycophancy are really showing their privilege
That last sentence - thread nomination

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Cantthinkofausername

I always go for the cheapest version of the particular rice I want. Isn't this more or less normal? Contrary to what Jack was implying a while back cheapo rice isn't all broken grains. It's just rice without a decent marketing budget.
The 45p rice does have a different texture, in my opinion. Personally I try to stretch to the easy cook long grain rice which is more expensive but the grains are bigger and more seperated.

Reactions: 11

JeanBurns76

Can someone point me to the Walliams thread (pretty) please? I’ve read a few old ones but haven’t come across that one!

X TY X

Reactions: 10

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
That 'hold fast' photo is from my fave film Master and Commander ( I recognised it straight away lol) - although newer fraus can be forgiven for thinking this is Jacksie's actual fingernails (if past performances are anything to go by). Jack Monroe - the Preserved Killick of the Culinary World. (ETA: he's the cook on board who's always moaning and whining, and serves up Weevil-ridden food...)
It's definitely in my top ten!

• Heart
Reactions: 8