Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FlowerOfTheEast

VIP Member
Time to gather up those hunks of bread and recap what we know about Harold:
Access to guinea pigs
Big car
Brass mugs
Brother with chickens
Burgles Jack's clothes
Chooses unsuitable Lego
Dismissive of 90s fragrances
Doesn't drink alcohol
Not on social media (except reflection in photo posted by Jack)
Owns a spatula
Skilled at making cake boards

And what we still don't know:
Whether real or figment of Jack's imagination

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Constituent: what is your stance on the Eastern European crisis?
Jack: Hot diggedy dawg, I loves me some grits.

• Haha
Reactions: 94

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
If anyone thinks we‘re loving this a bit too much, can I remind you, this is the same Jack Monroe, who just last night, sent a nine-tweet-long thread, about “snarky, mean little words”, to some sweet sleepy person who was paying a compliment, which Jack just misread.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 92

jenny2603

VIP Member
Jack: Wow! I didn't know Coca- Cola was invented in Georgia! Isn't it terrible the way the Americans have appropriated it- like Jollof rice all over again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91

colouredlines

VIP Member
"Yer box is universal" will be my go-to insult from now on.

Sad times, Frauen - today I was in a hammam. It had big ceramic candle holders with star-shaped cutouts, to make stars of light. And, instead of relaxing, it just made me think of the time Jack Monroe drilled holes in old tin cans (not fully cleaned, complete with bits of tomato) to make tealight holders for her bathroom.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 90

Shimmering

VIP Member
Calling it now - she's desperately searching for another Georgia church cookbook so she can pretend she got them mixed up :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 90

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Fab post from Trifley D about tonight's attempt at engagement harvesting. TD has a long track record of lifting up food writers that don't often get a lot of mainstream attention, so I can see why she's so fucked off at Jack steaming in like a galumphing great twat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
The Eastern European recipe callout is really pushing my buttons, because you know damn well she'll take some squigs idea and pass it off as her own because she put spam or corned beef in it. She just can't help but appropriate things - culture, health conditions, even her family member's service in the forces is spoken of as if she's doing it, "forces-adjacent". As an actual autistic person it drives me up the wall.

Apologies in advance to anyone here if it offends, but as soon as people start listing multiple unrelated medical conditions in their bios (allistic/survivor/unicorn etc al) I start to check for grifting.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 89