Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
The boxes take up a ludicrous amount of space so instead of, like, throwing them out, just turn them inside out and then they take up ..... exactly the same amount of space. Problem solved 😃

• Haha
Reactions: 109

colouredlines

VIP Member
I really hope Jack doesn't grunk until she's proudly served up her traditional Georgian chicken-fried steak and grits, just like ბებია used to make.

ETA: re her refusal to bastardise other countries' cuisines...does she realise Italy is a country?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

Geetbo

VIP Member
I do absolutely love when she outs herself as thick as fuck. A narc rage always follows soon afterwards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 108

Semi_literate_bot

The difference between Jack and THAT MAN or Rick Stein or [insert other talented cooks here] is that when they do foreign cookery programmes and books, they include local nonnas and older indigenous people to show them how to cook a recipe. There are many nonnas and nana-jis on their programmes that are treated respectfully and given publicity/appearance fees. How many asians were involved in creating the recipe for the Chickpea and Peach curry?
Exactly this 👆🏽👆🏽👆🏽

The absolute nerve of her when she appropriates and bastardises every cuisine and identity going!

Indian frau here 🔺️ so I find her 'curry' abominations particularly offensive. I'll give you this one for free, Jack - throwing curry powder at raw onions and tinned fruit or rinsed beans does not a curry make. It's one of the most wide ranging and diverse food cultures and actually lends itself very well to simple, cheap and delicious recipes but she still manages to make a mockery of it! But what do I know? She is of course the LITERAL food expert

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
I booked my kids ballet lessons in Berwick Australia instead of Berwick england. Paid upfront for a whole block, was quite hard to get a refund...

Am I Jack?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 103

MooBelle

VIP Member
They do indeed - crawly bumlicks!

That Man. Not very professional to slag off other telly cooks/chefs. Shows a distinct lack of class.

A few years ago we were travelling back from a holiday in France and stayed in a chateau hotel (fancy) not far from the Channel Tunnel. There were pictures of JO in the lobby and restaurant and we asked why. Apparently he spent months there when he was at catering college. Started as the pot washer, prepping veg and then shadowing the chef. The maitre d’ remembered him and spoke very highly of him. He was eager to learn and didn’t mind doing the menial jobs.

Don’t know if it still if it as good but if anyone is interested, it’s called Chateau Tilques near St Omer - not too spendy for a romantic break for anyone - even those with flat caps and big cars
This is why I always rate JO. James Martin too.
Although both quite annoying they are both dyslexic and had a miserable time at school. They literally have no GCSEs and wouldn't have had a hope in hell of going to grammar school.
JM worked washing pots at Castle Howard whilst still in primary school and JO did the same at his dad's pub.
Both left home at 15 to go abroad to learn how to cook. They worked their socks off and got good reputations for being hard workers.
Clodagh from This Morning spent years in Italy and a whole year just chopping veg for the soup in one restaurant.
I've spoken before about my friend who has a pub restaurant and she spent 3 years at catering college then 20 years in kitchens. Not only did she learn cooking skills but also customer service, how to clean a toilet properly and how to make a bed. She has the ability to do all her costings in her head. She literally knows how much profit she can make from one potato.
Jack just has no clue and her sense of entitlement is off the charts.

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Congrats @Veronicaaa for your thread title, even though it was illegally early. As a consequence you don't get to sample my steampunk fizzy tea.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies. Please refrain from thread title suggestions until the latter half of the thread, use the words 'thread title' and NO RUDE WORDS.

Recap:

Jack has gone off on one, laying into a poor squig on Twitter for no real reason but it's ok because she's already declared it forgotten.

She cooked an absolutely revolting cacophony of slop. It included baked carrot cake oats and a pie using mostly pig bits with cannellini beans, topped with pastry apparently cooked over her dervish of cold fury.

She keeps trying to make cooked banana skins happen. They're not going to happen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Nice. ETA. Deleted already.
View attachment 1213741
Reader, I gasped!! It takes a lot these days, but I just had to actively make a decision to close my mouth. I am shooketthhhhhh!! She’s gone for Jamie, AGAIN 😮

She’s such a spiteful little prick. I tell you what, say that to Nigella about Nigellissima. I double dare you, Jack, you fucking cretin. This, says the cunt who just bastardised stroganoff! Is this my aneurysm??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101

nicjd1

My avatar was from a very outdated chaos about Pears soap so I've finally updated it to remind myself of this wonderful Friday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

MooBelle

VIP Member
I'm so sorry for my polski sklep post, would you like me to delete it @MooBelle 💗.
No, not at all my lovely. If anything this post shows you have a heart.
Also, no shade at anyone posting about 'Vlad'
We need humour in these dark times and no one on these threads has ever crossed a line. I have often posted stupid things about 'Vlad' and we all know it is supposed to be a joke.
My anger is entirely directed at Jack Monroe. She is vile. She appropriates so many causes, but this one just really got to me.
I'm fine and my son and his in-laws are fine, but they are having to make life changing choices at this moment in time and that stupid woman is trying to get SM likes generated by interest in the Ukranian war.
I know your origin story @Pavlova was due to a pile on by Jack and you suffered a lot. I think you are lovely and I know you have no harm in you.
Please don't erase your posts x

• Heart
Reactions: 99

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I read an apparently true story online about a PA who accidentally booked plane tickets to Naples, Florida instead of Naples, Italy for her boss who was going to a conference. Boss didn’t notice until they landed.
That reminds me of the time my husband booked us a trip to Budapest as we were going to a festival there.

Reader, he booked Bucharest.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I love how she screams about how tired and busy she is when today has consisted of getting up at noon, painting her nails with Tippex, and making boxes out of boxes.

• Haha
Reactions: 96

Tabitha D

VIP Member
So she went for the “delete and pretend it never happened” option. Of course she did. 🙄🙄
Jack: if you’re reading here, you might also want to correct Ilona Horvath’s name on your little list. It’s nice to get people’s names right if you’re promoting their books.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96