Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Spending her week perpetuating the Tory myth showcasing how a family can survive on £20 pw food budget yet requires a massive meal at 2am isn’t really a great reflection on her work is it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

colouredlines

VIP Member
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76

Geetbo

VIP Member
We need to start thinking of ideas for a 300 thread celebration fraus. I’m thinking some kind of pie competition? I shall go for a prune and anchovy pasty.

• Haha
  • Heart

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I think there is definitely a food journo WhatsApp group and hopefully they saw what happened last night.

if anyone remembers those two women that were on DKL doing the bbq stuff. In the episode they were saying stuff like bung It in if I remember correctly. They are nice to her face but I think they could see the truth.
I agree, I’m pretty sure that other than Mom (who is simply dying to retain her appeal with the young, hip set, dahling) she’s essentially blacklisted with the food set and it’s why she keeps tweeting about how she’s ACKSHUALLY a political journalist and she started out in council chambers blah di fuckin blah. I think the Venereal Bollocks Index was an attempt stop slinging the slop and move in this direction but she’s so arrogant and thick she didn’t realise that you actually need both access to proper data and the ability to know what to do with it to be able to make any impact this way.

She’s a dreadful, dreadful person but it’s actually quite fun watching her identity crises play out live. The texture-free sludge she calls food is the only thing that realistically makes her any money, but she knows it means she loses all credibility in the foodie set.

Interesting that she said she and OH dress similarly. That’s because you latched onto his interests and bought a £100 flat cap you lovebombing narc. Other than being in recovery what do you actually have in common? Very little, I should imagine.

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
There's just not much you can say, really, when it comes to someone so viscerally (and repeatedly) going on about a suicide attempt ten years ago. And that's why she does it, to shut down any discussion. She just clearly doesn't give a shit about the effect it can have on anyone reading it who may have personally experienced such things and that just points towards what a selfish, self-absorbed effing REDACTED she is. Horrible person. Horrible.

• Heart

Deej

This is awful. That squig apologised several times and deleted his tweet. Her response is to quote tweet him and have another go at him!

• Sad
  • Angry

Powershower

Chatty Member
Just for anyone who’s making their way over here on the back of Jack’s latest poor fishing post:

it’s been 10 years since Jack was poor
She was on benefits for 18 months, tops
She resigned from her call centre job
She visited a food bank ONCE
she has a supportive family who are not short of money
She has written that her son’s dad is supportive and always has been
She rents a massive house, and there is no reason that she would be tied into a year long contract unless she decided to be, after her last partner moved out
Since Lock down 1 she has worked with Del Monte, Hellmans, Linda McCartney, Netflix, Daily Express, GQ, Daily Kitchen Live, This Morning, Twitter (probably more I’ve forgotten).
She currently has a slot on Lorraine.
Her Patreon gives her approx £2.5k a month minimum, and she hasn’t updated it in well over a year.
She is not poor.
the Vimes Boots Index does not exist
SHE HASN'T PAID HER TAXES FOR THREE YEARS.
I’m going to start a petition to have the above statements as the next 12 thread titles. Any one who thinks that’s a bad idea or disagrees with me is a disgusting vile bully and *taps sign* I will remind you that is this *checks notes* my life’s work.

Thankyou and fuck off x

• Haha
  • Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
View attachment 1210516

Jack's published the full transcript of what she said in Parliament in 2013. There is NO MENTION of UBI. There is, however, this, in which she wants to "incentivise work over benefits." I'm wondering if she thinks UBI is another term for minimum wage, or what?

View attachment 1210519
"incentivise work over benefits" is such a classic Tory phrase. She's letting her inner Margaret out again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Sending hugs to everyone who finds her most recent tweets hurtful.

She should TW them on Twitter.

This place is like a rollercoaster, but we are always together.

❤❤

• Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
Constituent: We're opening a new community centre and it would be great if you could attend.
Jack: Unfortunately I have to WALK everywhere so if it's any further away than asda you've fucked it.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Jack-nobody asked you to do any of this. You either quietly signpost people who contact you, or you don’t do it. You don’t use it to score points in an argument you’ve created.

• Heart

LeftoverCoffee

So I'm a frau with a long history of mental illness, and I have a small daughter. I'm open about my mental health but I don't think I would ever openly put online that I was going to unalive myself while my child was a toddler and I'm apparently only still here because of... She didn't give a reason did she? Surely she would have drowned had she fallen asleep in the water? What pills did she take? How many? Urgh, anyway...

There are ways to be open with your mental health, and there are things to keep private to protect your son. This was one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Surely no organisation should even consider giving an award to someone who admits they have not paid their taxes for THREE years?
Also, they’ve clearly not fact-checked anything.
Jack didn’t cause the ONS changes - they’d already been announced last year. She didn’t “launch” the Vimes Boots Index - it doesn’t exist. She doesn’t provide nutritious recipes for The Poors - the portions are tiny (so she can keep them artificially cheap) and are often calorie-deficient - it’s not food that people can live off.
She’s a vicious bully on SM. Time and time again.
All that, and she’s not paid tax for at least two years, despite working solidly and having many lucrative projects (not to mention ££££ from Patreon). This is not tax avoidance (legal), it is tax evasion (very much not legal).
I hope someone writes to this organisation and alerts them to this. If she wins, it will be hugely embarrassing for them.
Same goes for The Food Programme. I hope they’ve fact checked. And if they’ve interviewed her, god knows how many new lies the self-aggrandising twerp will have come up with.
🙄🙄🙄🙄

ETA: Not to mention the scammy Kickstarter. So many skeletons in her closet.

• Heart
Reactions: 74