Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dogmuck

VIP Member
Couldn’t read that ridiculous triggery thread in its entirety, she had me at “my food writing was an accident”, no shit Jack, it’s a multi-vehicle pile up.

What I want to ask about is this “just about breaking even” comment. What exactly is she balancing? What are her “business” overheads which swallow up so much of her incomings? You know, like businesses that sell products or services have to balance what they charge against their overheads/costs like stock, warehouse/shop, staff in order to understand their margins and determine how they break even/make a profit/loss.

So, unlike any other business, Jack gets £2.5k each month for nothing, she provides nothing for this money, she doesn’t have to pay for a website, update it or provide any products/services so zero overheads, therefore 💯 profit. She writes and sells books, she is given an advance which should cover any associated costs like (humour me) food testing, research, moleskin journals. She doesn’t have to pay for any associated publishing costs, advertising, doesn’t have a shop, doesn’t have staff, so any £ she gets from her books are earnings. She sells her services 😬 of (media work), she writes articles, goes on TV/radio, partners with big companies, speaks on panels/festivals, again what overheads do these things require? As a freelancer, surely, she would factor any expenses into her fee, if she doesn’t then that’s her own stupidity, cos ya know if a business didn’t charge enough and their overheads were excessive then they’d go bust.

It’s quite clear that she convolutes general living costs (e.g. household costs like rent, energy etc), with business costs and whilst, as a business that is run from your home, you can claim a percent of your household costs, you can’t push 💯 of your household costs through your business. PLUS she doesn’t PAY TAX, so she can’t even throw that into the mix like any normal business. With her big gigs and patron she easily earns a minimum of £5k a month over a 12 month period after “expenses”. So htf can she say she “breaks even”? £5k is your wages that you use to pay for your living costs you twat.
Sorry started to write this last night and probably makes no sense because I wrote it with “burning fury” after that thread and squig pile on.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

MistyWindows

VIP Member
Good afternoon fraus 🌈
I have a little tale, I had a very difficult morning. I got thorough it (EXHAUSTED) by putting myself in the mood for some buttery sage pasta with cut up bollock veggie sausages for tea.
I traveled to big Tesco via a sweltering ten hour camel back ride through the Safari dessert plains car to find that they had no interchangeable fresh sage.
Got myself in a bit of a grump and yomped over to the reduced section to find this for 63p! I love some fresh pesto as a treat and I’m giving my dosh to THAT MAN.
Happy days to you all 😂
CF9FE41D-7E34-4200-9BE4-A5315476391C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80

Clapster1

Chatty Member
that poor man. the squigs are still having a pop and she says it'll blow over by morning

well that's ok then! cunt

View attachment 1211630
I think this is rather revealing actually. Such a flippant response from someone who has been rather vocal about the twitter attacks that she finds so evicerating and the terrible toll that they have on her sense of safety and mental health.
'It'll be fine in the morning' - absolutely zero empathy or sincerity. It's really horrid. Poor, lovely squig. 🥺

• Angry
  • Sad

Deej

JO’s website is free, and is full of edible recipes. Does it have a negative impact on his book sales? Nah, if anything it makes people want to buy his books. I’m so sick of Jack pretending they do everything for free. Stop being a martyr, and find a job you enjoy, because you clearly aren’t happy in your current role.

• Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Leaving this here without comment.
View attachment 1210512
Why doesn't she go back to the fire service, then?

Her son is clearly not living with her full time (the menu plan speaks to that, if nothing else). Apparently working eleventy billion hours a week is only earning her £34, so she'd be no worse off.

Of course, the reason she doesn't go back is because the fire service doesn't bloody want her back.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79

Dogmuck

VIP Member
I’m sorry but this is just bonkers. Was this food on the list? Is she poor or not? Can she afford to eat extra meals in the middle of the night, using power to make them, or does her rent bounce?
It’s impossible to know how she cooked this at 2am when her energy is off at 10pm 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
that poor man. the squigs are still having a pop and she says it'll blow over by morning

well that's ok then! cunt

20220421_224844.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow

humpty.

So a 70+ woman called jack at 5am to tell her about her cold house and lack of juice and biscuits?

Jack then sprung straight into action calling a local community group who were also awake at 5am and immediately organised thermal curtains, juice and biscuits.

So saint jack couldn’t even PayPal said sad pensioner a few measly pounds for biscuits herself? How did this woman get her number? And does Jack answer her phone to unknown callers in the middle of the night???

Why does she feel the need to make up so many ridiculous lies? And for what reward? Twitter likes and 💵????
Why is she always exhausted? From tweeting and meal planning?
But last week she told a pensioner off for trying to make a cheap meal, can’t make head nor tail of her.

• Sad
  • Haha

Lazarus

VIP Member
A few questions, your honour.
1) didn’t her bed have a base, or covers? She paints a picture of two urchins in a bare room with nothing but a mattress; how didn’t her parent/child’s parent/ friends not notice how bad she had it? And why didn’t they help? Was she so arrogant to put her own pride above her and her child’s health, or is this a dramatisation?
2) She claims to be lying in a bath - can we assume this means she run a bath of ice cold water to plunge herself in, given she’d already had her hot water cut off or had stopped using it?
3) it could be argued that when she was ‘mining her own trauma’ for the guardian, at least she was being paid for it. Now she is doing it for free knowing her son Google’s her and is likely to read all of this.
on the basis of the above id like to go back to the question I desperately want to ask Jack if I ever get the chance.
how do you sleep at night?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 77