Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StatusWoe

VIP Member
He’s too much of a lefty and not Tory enough?
I actually still hoot 🦉 at the memory of her emailing him with the sign off “your comrade, Jack”
Haha, thanks for the reminder! There are not enough owls in the country to produce the necessary level of hooting.

Bet she was thinking ''how can I be down with the communist kidz?''and ended up going full Soviet.

• Haha
Reactions: 21

hollywood

Sorry lurker here butting in with my tuppence worth.
It was the earlier thread from the non fans that very obviously set her off tonight. She’s been swinging between self pity and spoiling for a fight since she realised it was her they were discussing. She hadn’t the backbone to tackle them head on so she unleashed her anger and her flying halfwits at that poor man.
I do not like the woman but tonight was about as low as it gets. She’s like a younger version of Trump.
Hello and blessings be! I’m guessing your @ is a mashup of two spectacular Terry Pratchett characters? A riff if you will !

• Haha
Reactions: 20

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I hadn't seen the details previously, but in the summer of 2012 Jack was volunteering as a PA in her local volunteer centre (hence all her blog posts advertising volunteer positions). In fact, she volunteered so much she got invited to an awards evening: https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...24/diamond-jubilee-community-champion-awards/

(Incidentally, there is a photo elsewhere of her at said awards. Her hair looks recently cut, and she's wearing a very nice dress, so that's two more lies that have cropped up over the years.)

So no, she didn't go for weeks on end without speaking to anyone.

Those archives are a goldmine for anyone who still believes that she was genuinely struggling, BTW. Jack Monroe has never been poor. Never.
It seems like Jack was a much nicer person ten years ago.

Reactions: 20

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Jimmy Saville raised millions for Stoke Mandeville, Rose West baked cakes and fed her victims before Fred finished them off. No one is immune to criticism just because they once raised a few quid for charity or they fed someone less well off than them. You’re 100% right. In ten years, 100k is nothing really. The best folk out there are the ones who raise money or help others with no self promotion at all. She could of raised millions if she actually put her mind to it and truthfully thought of others rather than herself.
I don't think it means she's immune to criticism, but I think this place is at its best when it focuses on the truth and highlights her actual lies and hypocrisy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19