Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Constitution of an ox while simultaneously being the most sickly ailment- afflicted person on the planet. Wasn’t she allergic to garlic and onions for a while? Wailed to her apologetic doctor ‘but I’m a recipe writer’ in a hospital ward in the middle of the night ?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 37
What a way to stop us taking the piss out of lockdown larder!
Is anyone else really excited at the hope of reconciliation? Imagine the new content we'll have: a W1 flat, probably her OWN Land Rover, brunch dates with Mrs Gove round the corner??? This is better than DKL returning?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Constitution of an ox while simultaneously being the most sickly ailment- afflicted person on the planet. Wasn’t she allergic to garlic and onions for a while? Wailed to her apologetic doctor ‘but I’m a recipe writer’ in a hospital ward in the middle of the night ?
This is probably one of the most disgusting things I've ever read in my life. It's actually quite insulting to suggest anyone needs to eat rancid food like that, imagine how crusty it'd be when you opened the jar? It wouldn't be okay diluted because it'd be all bitty with gross bits floating in water. People going through rough times don't need to eat rotten food & she needs to stop pushing this before she makes someone ill.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
20200618_201756.jpg

The potato salad probably had chunks of smoked eel. The product her fan is describing is completely different. Image search "lata de angulas" if you want: basically they are tiny little white worm-looking things. As they are a Spanish product, produced, cooked and eaten in Spain (and very different from the eels used in Japan), I imagine most writers would suggest a Spanish-inspired preparation.

TLDR: This is why you don't ask someone who proudly rinses spaghetti hoops what to do with expensive, rare ingredients!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
So she’s recommending eating gone-off condiments but the jacket potato with beans is hell on earth.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
View attachment 157403

The potato salad probably had chunks of smoked eel. The product her fan is describing is completely different. Image search "lata de angulas" if you want: basically they are tiny little white worm-looking things. As they are a Spanish product, produced, cooked and eaten in Spain (and very different from the eels used in Japan), I imagine most writers would suggest a Spanish-inspired preparation.

TLDR: This is why you don't ask someone who proudly rinses spaghetti hoops what to do with expensive, rare ingredients!
Oh is he talking about baby eels! I had them in San Sebastián last year - they’re horribly unethical and taste like nothing bleugh

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.