Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Talking of tomatoes, I forgot to thank the person (I think Flumps maybe?) who suggested marinating baby tomatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper for the day to add to a caprese salad. I did it earlier in the week and it was bloody lovely- so easy but not anything I’d have done without reading that, and made my salad bloody lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I really do worry about humanity reading some these questions. Come on Jackolites, do better.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The comments that the banana and anchovy pizza is getting are fantastic.

My culinary dilemmas I would love to ask her:

"Hi Jack, I've been wanting to make your peach and chickpea curry but can't find any peaches! Could I use wine gums for the same sweet effect?"

"Hi Jack, a recipe suggests adding Chinese five spice to my stir fry but I'm concerned about cultural appropriation. Do you think it would be okay?"

"Hi Jack, my local stable has taken out a restraining order against me just for making your delicious lasagne recipe! Will a traditional bechamel work?"

"Hi Jack, I have a bag of flour. Any ideas?"
Can someone explain the horse thing please, I have seen it mentioned a couple of times. Ta.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Can someone explain the horse thing please, I have seen it mentioned a couple of times. Ta.
Errrrr, she made a ‘bechamel’ that resembled a substance released when happy. The quantity was vast, akin to a horse. 😳

293C33EA-1DA6-462C-9DB2-EA21D24CE75E.jpeg
about the paté!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I can't be bothered to screenshot, ,but here's another riveting question for tonight's lockdown larder:

What to do with a bag of quinoa sent by asda as a substitute for brown rice? Thanks for yiyr help Jack

My personal top tip is to cook it according to packet instructions and eat it instead of brown rice. @Silver Linings Any other thoughts? Dip it in mayo, maybe?
Ooh, that reminds me, I've got some bulgar wheat (no NOT vulgar what, autocarrot) in the cupboard so some onions cooked till transparent, spinach, courgetes and stock will do me, plus whatever herbs, nuts etc I can find.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Same with banana blossom? Google it?

Thank you for that - now added to my saved pages! Something that this veggie knew nothing about. Battered onion rings (proper onions, not the frozen type) were as far as my chippy subs went

Reactions: 8
I really do enjoy #lockdownlarder to appreciate the myriad ways jack can prove her complete lack of cooking knowledge

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.