Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see her recipe for microwaved banana with two squares of chocolate on top.
For a barbeque or campfire, slit the banana, add the chocolate, wrap in foil and cook in the fire. Do the same with small oranges. Mmmm.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Blimey, I’ve trying to keep up all day with this thread! (Currently on page 16)

I think we should all be able to put on our C.V.s being proficient In ‘GL studies’ shows dedication, endurance and Good concentration in an ever evolving situation.

Regarding JM, I really wish she would take more time for herself & SB. She invests So much energy into SM, she could divert that Energy into maintaining good mental health, which would make it easier for her in the long run to build a career & find some peace & emotional stability.

I am dismayed those who know her personally are not assisting her more with support she needs. If I knew her I’d whisk her away to a remote retreat (no phone)with people who can help her find coping strategies.

I am disappointed she appears to be jumping on the free child meals bandwagon suddenly when MR did an amazing job of this on his own due to his own childhood experiences. As far as I can see, until the government U turn she hadn’t even mentioned impoverished children during lockdown being an massive issue (M’lud, just an observation, due to the amount of tweets deleted.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Does anyone else get a bit fed up with her lockdown recipes. As in. Someone has six bananas. What can I do with my bananas jack?

You can make banana chilli ketchup!!!

Why do the recipes need to be so pretentious? Ridiculous and pretentious.

Rub a cauliflower with some kale pesto and fling it in the oven with some quinoa......

She’s apparently ‘on it’ re the free lunches and people are calling her inspirational and saying she should get an award. For?

Slagging off a free lunch?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Its sooo weird and manipulative - i assume she retweets it whenever one of her posts doesn't get 100% positive replies?
It’s the blue-tickers. She is desperate for them to notice her. But, lately, they don’t. She couldn’t care less about her bog standard followers, which is why she is clearly so irritated by them and rude to them.

Reactions: 28
Not sure if this is the time to post this but think it is relevant. Many years ago I was a stay at home mum with two boys, aged approximately 4 and 2. My husband was in a non managerial admin job, not greatly paid but more than many.

The day before my husband was paid I believed I had no food in the house. I did a stock take, I had flour, butter, a dried up end of cheddar, two bendy carrots, a few frozen peas, an onion, a large potato and one tin of baked beans.

I made pastry and then turned it in to cheesy vegetable pasties, served them with baked beans. That time I managed to wing it. Have had low level food hoarding tendencies since.

That was a near as I got to not being able to feed my children, others are not so lucky. I do believe though that some people could benefit from some cookery advice, my mum taught me to make pastry. Not everyone has that benefit.

What I don't believe, is it that JM is a saviour for anyone. For the record my older son, who sadly has not been around for more than 20 years was born a few days earlier than JM. I could write a really good book on cooking for a family on a budget. I am not marketable enough to get a deal.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Me and some mums at our school did a Christmas foodbank drive - mince pies, gravy, stuffing, etc. But also a big collection of advent calendars for the kids, so they’d have a treat leading up to Xmas. Always make sure I put some chocolate in for the kids as well now - I know it’s bad for the teeth but it’s a treat.
Selection boxes are great for treats over a period after Christmas. There's usually drives for toys, books, stationery items too. Sadly there's also a need for clothes banks - knickers, socks, school shirts, basic trousers or skirts, cardigans or jumpers, shoes. Even supermarket uniforms are too expensive for some families each year. And YAY for the recognition of period poverty and free items in schools and elsewhere - my employer puts packs in every loo, even the gents so they can be taken home for family and friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This lunch stuff very much feels like piggybacking off of the success of a black man / trying to steal some of his current clout. Which sits uncomfortably with me given her video and promises of allyship.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Please make them stop.
FFS. What on EARTH could Jack contribute?? Do they think Marcus needs help from a white woman? How bleeping patronising. He is doing fine, he doesn’t need help - although I expect there are many trying to hitch themselves to his wagon.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
This lunch stuff very much feels like piggybacking off of the success of a black man / trying to steal some of his current clout. Which sits uncomfortably with me given her video and promises of allyship.
We need to send her the memo, yet again: how not to participate in performative allyship

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I was just thinking the same thing. She’s looking for brownie points after she messed up by slagging off Jamie Oliver.

Reactions: 21
I really hate having to play catch up, but I love being able to call it a grunka lunka 😂 I have spent the entire thread literally open mouthed and as per usual I'm kinda speechless....

So I will start with what has come to be expected from me 😂 Jack you are an absolute bleeping bleep, no seriously you are a bleeping disgrace, you spend 99% of your life moaning and whinging on twitter, have you ever thought of getting off twitter and actually doing something to help? I mean actually help not the fake oh I'm so busy behind the scenes you have no idea what I do, I only share 0.01% of my life online bullshit that you peddle! Marcus Rashford along with so many others have spent all of lockdown helping those in need. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? NOTHING that's what, you bleeping despicable bleep, except lie, beg for money, whinge and moan about how bleeping hard you have it, how crappy your house is, how mad you are you don't own property yet, all I hear when you talk is blah blah bleeping blah, get over yourself, stop trying to ride the coat tails of others who are doing good it's time to put your big girl pants on and either actually do something or shut your mouth and get off the Internet... I could go on and on and on but I won't because I'm just getting madder and madder and unlike some of our lovely tattlers I'm not eloquent and articulate with my words, you bleeping bleep....

Goodnight my lovely hausfrau , this hausfrau is pooped

@Flumps

Twitters accounts, these are some of my faves

Very British Problems / @SoVeryBritish
Thoughts of dog / @dog_feelings
The daily otter / @TheDailyOtter
We rate dogs / @dog_rates
Factretriever /@factretriever
God / @TheTweetOfGod
Nat Geo Photography / @NatGeoPhotos

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
She sounds almost exactly like those mothers who took one look at the suggestion their children were fed meat, vegetables, grains and rice, said 'Errrggggghhhh! That's tit, that is' and proceeded to push bags of chips and cans of Coke through the school railings.
She's said a few times about SB being a fussy eater, and that their veggies are mainly tinned or microwaved. She has no idea about nutrition

What she expecting the lunches to be? Granted the ingredients aren't top of the list of healthy foods but it's food. It's also food that has to be stored and cooked and the people putting it together have no idea on parents cooking abilities. These are also foods that lots of older kids could make and help themselves to if parents were out at work all day. I would genuinely like her to give some input. Tinned fruit maybe? Corned beef?
I'd imagine they'd have to be fairly generic to cover different religious and cultural needs to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She's said a few times about SB being a fussy eater, and that their veggies are mainly tinned or microwaved. She has no idea about nutrition
I’d be fussy too if chicken porridge and grated corned beef were the choices at teatime.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Uhhh so out of the loop. Eldest bit his respite carer yesterday. Amidst this global pandemic I'm sure you can all imagine how much paperwork I've had to fill out.

One quick question.

Are these food parcels free? The ones jack is ridiculing

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
View attachment 156518
I mean, honestly, it’s not just me that finds all this ridiculous?! EAT THEM.
I don’t get how all these people have somehow bought things they don’t know what to do with / have no use for? Or were they all gifted like jacks smeg? (Superbehind just catching up!)

My son always used to want to make a strawberry pizza and I thought he was talking tit. I guess he wasnt... 🤣
Get him to start an Instagram show stat!

Thank you, you have cleared up something else that has been puzzling me for a couple of weeks too. My sister is a support worker for ex homeless people and they have been receiving donations at the hostel of small boxes of foodstuffs from the council but they weren't the packs being delivered to vulnerable adults. Looking at some of the photos it is leftover school lunch packs.
They don't look great compared to the amount of produce you could get at Aldi for £15 but if parents can't access the vouchers they must be a lifeline
Yeh they def don’t look great at all, but what has jack done to help this? These children would be getting 0 otherwise, as usual she is wading in after someone else ( who she has ignored, unless I missed it?) has done most of the hard work and now, as other people have said, she’s basically saying what he’s done (whilst not acknowledging him) isn’t good enough . Wtaf

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Please make them stop.
I hear you!

Rashford has got this far without Jack I'm sure he doesn't need some slop creator jumping on his bandwagon.

In fact wasnt that just what she accused THAT MAN of doing, exactly what she is doing now and jumping on that bandwagon?

One rule for Jack another rule for everyone else obviously

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.