Jack Monroe #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Pocahontas you don't sound like a native milksip, you sound like a nice person who is posting in good faith. The problem is (I think) not everyone is. Not referring to anyone on here btw, I mean generally on the Internet.

I understand where you're coming from, the first time you encounter online nastiness in whatever form can be unsettling. I've been there myself and tend to operate on the lines of everyone is nice until proven otherwise - if that makes sense?

And definitely don't overshare. Don't do a Jack, basically!

Another thing I find helpful which ofc you are free to disregard is... if your instinct says you shouldn't post something then don't ignore it.

That is all. TED talk over!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s taken me all bloody day to catch up, and I’ve been blocked on twitter for nicely mentioning vw was still alive. Gits.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
View attachment 156466
urgh Jack just stfu. Bung ‘em in a curry. Sling ‘em in the microwave. This is not her wheelhouse. She is not the bloody secretary of state for foodbanks. It’s driving me absolutely raging that she’s piggybacking this.
Oh my God, its not bleeping rocket science is it? Jacket, cheese and beans. Pasta and sauce x2. Sandwich x3 (Jam. Cheese. Egg.)

Genuinely don't understand this obsession with bunging everything in a pot. Just use the (admittedly tit) food as it was supposed to be used ffs

Reactions: 32
Im not sure what they are expecting? Like a 3 course gourmet meal from those ingredients?

You could probs make a bread and butter pudding with it - bread, raisins -could add the other fruit. You could even sprinkle the biscuits on top for a crunch.

Can you make a meal - yes. Can you make it stretch further by using all the ingredient to make something else - no. Youre then left with a bread and butter pudding with nothing else to eat for lunch for the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh my God, its not bleeping rocket science is it? Jacket, cheese and beans. Pasta and sauce x2. Sandwich x3 (Jam. Cheese. Egg.)

Genuinely don't understand this obsession with bunging everything in a pot. Just use the (admittedly tit) food as it was supposed to be used ffs
11 year old who this pack is for will never ever eat whatever slop Jack mavericks ... food wasted ..

Reactions: 8
Has she said yet whether there’s going to be another Hellmann’s shitshow? Because I find it hard to believe they think it’s worth the effort if it’s getting fewer than 200 viewers.

Reactions: 6
For duck sake, the original tweet isn’t seeking recipe advice, as others have pointed out it’s bloody obvious what you’d make and there’s not much room for being a maverick

The point is that it’s a small amount of food for an 11 year old’s week of lunches and not nutritionally great. No crazy combination is going to multiply the food, or improve the quality

That parent doesn’t need Jack’s advice. They need help to provide their kid with an adequate amount of nutritional food

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Re my previous post. Native milksip *should* be naive milksop 😖😩

Thanks autocorrect, you complete GIT

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Has she said yet whether there’s going to be another Hellmann’s shitshow? Because I find it hard to believe they think it’s worth the effort if it’s getting fewer than 200 viewers.
She said 6 altogether and next week's has been mentioned.

Reactions: 4

I may be wrong but aren't the food packs only supposed to help with the feeding off the child not actually feed the child completely. I get it might not be alot but its something and kids are never full. Kids eat all around the clock so there is no guarantee that any amount of lunch will fill them for long. You cannot go wrong with sandwich, piece of fruit and he crisps or a few biscuits.

I just actually laughed out loud going through what people have put on the hashtag already. The answer is literally, google or eat it.

my bananas are on the turn - eat them

can I freeze x - google it

Have you seriously waited 2 hours to ask a celeb what to do? Bloody hell.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.