Jack Monroe #283 Tax Jack, tax Jack, needs to start paying back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s previously dismissed the valiant squigs, who called her out on her non payment of taxes, as spiteful trolls.

Dear reader, they posted the truth.

Jack Monroe, champion of the poor, anti Tory gobshite, budget ‘cook’, queen of the rinséd bean admits that she DOES NOT PAY HER TAXES.

That tweet should be added to the wiki for posterity.

• Heart
Reactions: 82
She must know Patreon is taxable because we’ve told her for years, it doesn’t sound like she’s saved any of it for the inevitable tax bill

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I'm trying to work out what level of fees we might be up to now with the accounts.

The late filing penalty fee for accounts more than six months overdue is £1,500. If the accounts are filed late in two successive years, the penalty is doubled, so I think from Companies House we're at £1,500 + £3,000 = £4,500.

If the corporation tax is similarly late being filed, once it was six months late HMRC will have looked at her previous return, estimated how much tax the company was due to pay and sent her a bill for it plus 10%, then added another 10% at 12 months. And then will have done the same for the second late tax return. She will also have 2 x £100 penalties for each late return, one is charged after 1 day, the second after 3 months - BUT if her corporation tax has been late three times in a row, which conceivably the most recent one could be, those £100s turn into £500 each.

We know for the year ending March 2019 her creditors falling due within one year was £28,014 and that should include her corporation tax liability for that year, but how much of that is corporation tax and how much is something else, we can't tell. If we err on the cautious side and say that the corporation tax was £10,000 and £18k is something else, then the corporation tax fines will be in the region of £1,000 at six months and £1,000 at 12 months, so if two years'-worth are late, same as the accounts, then total penalties/fines are getting close to £9,000 from Companies House and HMRC.

And if our suspicions are correct, she's just had to give a lot of the money she'd saved up to get herself out of the mess to the Trussell Trust. I do actually feel a bit sorry for her, she's getting into a bigger and bigger muddle with it.

EDIT: And that's just the penalties - the corporation tax itself is still owed on top, so add possibly another £10k for each year, but that really, really is speculation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Would she dare to crowdfund that so she can continue her ‘work’…? That’s aneurism territory!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
So let me get this straight she burns oven chips bur under cooks everything else... Interesting!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
+ even worse for her is that she’s actually earning *more* now post-Nigella. So if they look at her current subscriber count it’s at least double what it was for the majority of 2021. Obvs that would come out in the proper investigation into her bank accounts but yikes at what a truly scary mess this is.
If her accountant is a Sunday school teacher (as said in last thread, can't remember who sorry), I hope they've started praying for a miracle.

Unless she lives entirely in fantasy land she must be terrified. The best case scenario for her now is a bill that presumably is rapidly increasing at this point, the worst case scenario is what? Court? Bankruptcy? And for her I suspect - the worst of all: people finding out just how much she's earns and frittered away on sideboards and hats while pleading poverty.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I'm trying to work out what level of fees we might be up to now with the accounts.

The late filing penalty fee for accounts more than six months overdue is £1,500. If the accounts are filed late in two successive years, the penalty is doubled, so I think from Companies House we're at £1,500 + £3,000 = £4,500.

If the corporation tax is similarly late being filed, once it was six months late HMRC will have looked at her previous return, estimated how much tax the company was due to pay and sent her a bill for it plus 10%, then added another 10% at 12 months. And then will have done the same for the second late tax return. She will also have 2 x £100 penalties for each late return, one is charged after 1 day, the second after 3 months - BUT if her corporation tax has been late three times in a row, which conceivably the most recent one could be, those £100s turn into £500 each.

We know for the year ending March 2019 her creditors falling due within one year was £28,014 and that should include her corporation tax liability for that year, but how much of that is corporation tax and how much is something else, we can't tell. If we err on the cautious side and say that the corporation tax was £10,000 and £18k is something else, then the corporation tax fines will be in the region of £1,000 at six months and £1,000 at 12 months, so if two years'-worth are late, same as the accounts, then total penalties/fines are getting close to £9,000 from Companies House and HMRC.

And if our suspicions are correct, she's just had to give a lot of the money she'd saved up to get herself out of the mess to the Trussell Trust. I do actually feel a bit sorry for her, she's getting into a bigger and bigger muddle with it.

EDIT: And that's just the penalties - the corporation tax itself is still owed on top, so add possibly another £20k or so for two years, but that really, really is speculation.
Excellent words Falkor. I agree but I don't feel sorry for her at all, she brough this on herself and was still shopping for absolute luxuries whilst claiming she had £34 in her account.

1649528777385.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Would she dare to crowdfund that so she can continue her ‘work’…? That’s aneurism territory!
I am expecting the begging tax Tweet soon.
Of course she will.
She has not displayed any shame or coyness in that regard yet.
The morons will pay.

HMRC calling 🤞:

pants.JPG

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Finally found something I do believe Jack suffers from!

The Barnum effect, also called the Forer effect or, less commonly, the Barnum–Forer effect, is a common psychological phenomenon whereby individuals give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically to them, yet which are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people.

Barnum statements are also interesting to read about...

Reactions: 19
I've been undertaking some research (you don't have to but if you'd like to send cashos I'll share my paypal details). Anyway I have learned that Lester Piggott served 366 days in jail for his tax naughtiness. However Jack shouldn't despair, Ken Dodd was cleared of the tax charges against him after employing the very pricey services of George Carman QC. Sadly George Carman QC is DEAD and cannot represent Jack but I'm sure fox murdering fellow grifter Jolyon will to do a top job. That said, if you do go down it's not all doom and gloom, prison officers are highly trained professionals and will go out their way to help the new girl settle in. Could be a new OH in this for you, Jack.

Screenshot 2022-04-09 19.28.26.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
1FAC522F-E1DD-4C87-9F12-04547F2FC3EA.jpeg

Jack’s is on the left, Squig’s on the right. No way did they cook that pasta the way Jack suggested.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
If her accountant is a Sunday school teacher (as said in last thread, can't remember who sorry), I hope they've started praying for a miracle.

Unless she lives entirely in fantasy land she must be terrified. The best case scenario for her now is a bill that presumably is rapidly increasing at this point, the worst case scenario is what? Court? Bankruptcy? And for her I suspect - the worst of all: people finding out just how much she's earns and frittered away on sideboards and hats while pleading poverty.
I just don’t get it. I have to do self-assessment even though paye and I always do it and I always stump up what they say I owe (if I don’t manage to get it done in time to just have my tax code changed). To do otherwise would terrify me. I wouldn’t be able to not think about it all the time. She must be bricking it. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 36
As a limited company director frau, I just cannot understand people that don't put money away for tax.

As soon as an invoice is paid, the first thing I do is transfer out the VAT and corp tax. It's just basic common sense, no?

• Heart
Reactions: 68
Wtf was LJC playing at in all this, too? I know she’s not her mother/keeper but they were engaged to be married. LJC would have had to declare all Jack’s financial interests/any problems as part of clearance for her role… obvs they’re all TBDs but shocked she allowed it to be so bad whilst they were still under the same roof tbh. It shows shockingly bad judgment.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.