Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I quite like porridge, but, it leaves me super hungry after a couple of hours. Never got the slow release spiel.
Same.

I've started making it for baby cucumber using full fat milk and that keeps me fuller for longer (I'm BUSY I don't have time to make separate breakfasts for everyone!)

Reactions: 23

Wooh

VIP Member
but since starting school almost 40 years ago, people have got my name wrong. Colleagues who I've worked with for years still mispronounce my name... As a result I felt at times like my identity was diminished and I'm very sensitive about people naming others. I've pulled people for mispronouncing my name, my siblings names and even colleagues names, so I'm very much with the majority here.
Lazarus, sorry I missed your last sentences. I support you! I have a perfectly ordinary and lovely name with no odd spelling, usually mispronounced such that they may as well call me Dennis, as the substitute is so different. CHILDREN can hear and understand it perfectly first time, but adults don't even bother to try, let alone if they only see it written. I hate that so much, it's not ME. I feel for you. I have a lovely trio of kids who correct people really plainly, which is a delight xx

ETA I don't have three children praise be LOL

Last edited:
  • Heart

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Isnt this exactly what Jack Monroe’s job is meant to be? Providing advice to people in poverty to assist them? Instead she’s leaving it to Martin Lewis and riding on his coattails.
She's hoping people (Martin) will reply in the same manner to her to boost this idea that she actually does something!

• Haha

Wooh

VIP Member
If you looked at her Twitter now, what would you think her MO was?

In 24 hours she has gone from Greek cooking to banging on about offal, to talking about heraddiction to Lego, to foul porridge to Trainspotting.

If she wants to be taken seriously this isn’t the way to do it.
I would think she has a lot of nerve
Same.

I've started making it for baby cucumber using full fat milk and that keeps me fuller for longer (I'm BUSY I don't have time to make separate breakfasts for everyone!)
For me:
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
Soaked overnight
Served cold or warmed with some berries...

I'm fuelled for about four hours on that; it's a wonder how we process things differently, and I also note I can gobble a very large pizza on my own so there's just no certainty in the world!

• Haha

jordishaw

Chatty Member
ancient footage of mom blending figs with nigel slater (with a goatee)on food network rn

as mr kcc points out, two niges together!
Making 'beaver pink' ice cream, as I remember (awkward conversation when watching it with a child who protested 'beavers aren't pink' followed)

• Haha
  • Wow

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Mmmm, is it a crazy idea I've just had to make whiteboard style actual wallpaper (month planner panels sold separately)? I feel like it could be a $£€$£€ winner. We could call it "TattlerNiser". I think SB would love it
Here is the desk chaos with the infamous wallpaper

• Haha
  • Wow

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
He is just like you’d imagine. Totally aware of how ridiculous the ‘business’ is. He sent me some Jo Malone perfume when I was poorly with anxiety in the first lockdown, and he sent my Son loads of rare Pulp vinyl when I told him my son loved pulp ❤
I'm so happy to hear he's a good 'un ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Shawads

VIP Member
Isn’t that just a spam email? Everyone gets random stuff like this. Why does she have to make such a performance out of everything?
This is #4 though. Straw that broke the donkey's proverbial.
Have a lovely day

• Haha
Reactions: 22