Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s been struggling for a while.

What I hate to see is people tweeting saying they are at the end of their tether due to abuse. Where is it? I saw no abuse on her twitter earlier today. Some of the comments on the this morning thread were rude but not abusive.

This may not come out the way I intend it to. What I will say is that I absolutely do not condone transphobia or any kind of homophobic abuse. But I’ve not seen any directed at her at least on twitter.

Show people the abuse. Let the followers see it. Otherwise it just gets lost in the generic statements she’s making.

If she’s getting nasty homophobic abuse then that’s something she could consider reporting to the authorities. Report it to insta. Twitter. Facebook.

I’m suspicious of people who make statements saying they are being abused and back it up with nothing.

I’ve seen that too often on twitter.

Attachments

Reactions: 11
See now I have actual, diagnosed insomnia with lots of other ‘issues’ (not doing a Jack, promise), and there are a tit ton of things I am supposed to do to regulate it but right now with things being the way they are I can try and catch up with sleep etc, or, as is typical for me, just go plain unconscious after 5 or 6 days. I’m prioritising being ok in the daytime instead, it’s all good.

if I was working right now I would be enforcing these things, but it doesn’t actually matter if I dick around on my phone in the early hours. If, however, i’d told hundreds of thousands of people that I had tried EVERYTHING and that whatever worked for them would never work for me then I wouldn’t be effectively taking the piss out of them by openly prattling about on my phone in the early hours.

sleep issues can literally kill you. I’ve lost days to it, and not sleeping! Headaches, confusion, hallucinations Not being understandably sad because my relationship broke up and i can’t sleep.

It’s insulting.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
She’s shameless. Let’s face it, she’s done absolutely duck all in practical terms during lockdown. She only interested in something if it feathers her massive ego or lines her pocket (like the Hellmann’s thing). Whereas Marcus has actually achieved something that can be evidenced in terms of actual practical results.
So now she’s hoping to grab some glory on Marcus’s coattails, apparently. And she has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant taking credit for this. (And no, doing a spot on This Morning as a talking head - moaning about how nobody has ever had it as bad as you - simply does not cut it). At heart, she is a spoilt princess brought up in a nice house with ballet lessons and the like and most likely over-indulged, who thinks she is entitled to everything but hasn’t yet grasped that you have to work for the things you want, and if you want to
make things happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Good morning. First time poster. Fellow insomniac. I’ve been following along for a little while. Never an easy time to join the conversation. Thought I would just sneak in while it’s quiet ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Sorry to bring this up again (not actually sorry) BUT if she's lost 2.5 stone (yeah, right 🙄) and she isn't particularly happy with it, then WHY IS SHE USING A SLIMMING TOOL on her photos? 🙄 We've seen it. We know she used it. On her hips.

I'm off for a little catch up 👋🏼.

View attachment 156028
And if she's going to be out and proud about body hair, why is she smoothing it into oblivion in some pictures?

View attachment 156053
instagram too. Story and grid post but no comments on the grid.
That photo is so tweaked around the face that her head looks like it's photoshopped on to any old body. The skin colour difference is as weird AF. The dress and chest are in focus but the face is just, well, odd looking.

And I've remembered something I thought earlier. Her father is a landlord. There's no chance of her becoming homeless without Louisa's contribution surely? I'm pretty sure that her family would find somewhere for her and SB to live even if she has to downsize to one freezer or even let her put her rent towards the mortgage on a property they own to help her buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Sorry to bring this up again (not actually sorry) BUT if she's lost 2.5 stone (yeah, right 🙄) and she isn't particularly happy with it, then WHY IS SHE USING A SLIMMING TOOL on her photos? 🙄 We've seen it. We know she used it. On her hips.

I'm off for a little catch up 👋🏼.

View attachment 156028
Also why can she sit like this in her girdle but like this in her Vivian Westward?

also see she was still posting after her most recent twitter “break” announcement.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This was the tweet that made me log off last night. NO! Sort yourself out first!
B1F1B967-BE9D-4C86-A5F7-6C2ACCAEB3B1.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
I think it was more a clause that the kids wouldn’t suffer as a result of the insolvency agreement. Not elaborated on.

Katie paid out 107k in legal costs.
Hmmm. Seems a little unlikely. They lost their home, so how exactly was Jack going to make that right?
I’ll confess I have mixed feelings about the Monroe v Hopkins case. Yes Katie Hopkins is a monster, anyone who can read knows that. However, the offending tweets in the Monroe case were NOT racist/right wing/offensive in the ways we usually associate with Hopkins. It was simply a case of mistaken identity (implied) - she suggested Jack “might” have vandalised a war memorial, when the perpetrator was someone else. If Katie were to be “brought down”, as it were, I’d have preferred it to be for one of her ACTUALLY offensive or racist tweets. Then a point would truly have been made.
That said, the judgement itself makes criticisms on both sides, including very much on Jack’s (it particularly criticises her for revelling in taunting Katie, and for mass-deleting tweets which might otherwise have been admitted as evidence) and is worth a read if you are interested. The judgement IN NO WAY paints Jack as a white knight.
However, the blue-ticks are wetting themselves about this judgement as if it was some great victory against racist speech. But it definitely wasn’t that, as they would know if they had read the judgement itself.
The damages awarded to Jack (£24,000) were actually pretty minimal for a case of this sort. The killer was the legal costs which Katie was ordered to pay (both her own and Jack’s), which were rumoured to be around £300,000.
I’m going to have to read it. Will be interesting to see what Jack did/didn’t say about the children being provided for. If there isn’t a lot of information, where did her fans hear about it.

<stares at Jack’s deleted tweets file>

Reactions: 5
I cant bring myself to watch the insta libe yet, I just dont think I'm quite prepared for another episode of cringing inside out🙄

This whole poverty thing with her grinds my gears and her crap poverty recipies.

When I was a kid (teenager) we were living in poverty, as in one year we didnt even get a proper Christmas because there was no money (i think my present from my parents was one of the bigger bars of galaxy choc)

My parents drank and fought and got violent with each other most evenings while I shielded my little brothers.

When I got together with my husband and he made me a Sunday roast for the first time, I cried because he had made thick gravy and I was used to thin watery gravy 😂

Now I'm not saying this for sympathy, im saying it because even if you are living in poverty you still have taste buds, you still want to eat 'normal meals' even if it is a very cheap option, life is tit enough let alone being force fed slop that you wouldnt even use as pig food...
people in poverty deserve a bit of dignity Jack at least give them some recipies that portray that!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Vivienne was very much alive only a month ago:
Now that is how you do a non conformist, unconventional, eccentric, individual look and lifestyle. Something JM would desperately love to do and be, but just doesn't have the style or imagination to do it. There are so few people that can pull off and live a bohemian, duck you all, life and Vivienne is practically unique in that.

You may not like Viv's clothing, but style wise it is light years away from JM's effort. Just chucking on a dress because it has a designer label on and expecting it to look outlandish and avant-garde because you haven't shaved your legs is not radical in the slightest. JM is not radical or maverick in any way shape or form.

I love Lenny's “all the gear and nae idea” Perfect, just perfect. JM in a VW dress perfectly exemplifies it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Now I'm not saying this for sympathy, im saying it because even if you are living in poverty you still have taste buds, you still want to eat 'normal meals' even if it is a very cheap option, life is tit enough let alone being force fed slop that you wouldnt even use as pig food...
people in poverty deserve a bit of dignity Jack at least give them some recipies that portray that!!
Exactly! she doesn’t make cheap meals, she makes stupid, gimmicky, unappetising meals. She’s an exceptionally lazy cook and not in a good way, like not being arsed to spend 10 mins cooking her onions or making a white sauce. You wouldn’t do that If you loved food. All she does is complain about all the hours she has to spend cooking for the good of the poor people.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.