Jack Monroe #28 Mayo’s for dunking, threads are for Grunk(a)ing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I keep seeing on Twitter that Jack made sure Katie Hopkins children were looked after (money wise) after their court case.

Anyone seen that mentioned in the court documents?

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Out of interest, I had a look at the lockdown larder hashtag.

We thought it was dormant. We were wrong. Jack continues to delight and inspire her fans:
View attachment 155987
I don't think so. This is like something my seven year old would make up in his play kicthen with his 4 year old brother. No,no jack. Why??

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I keep seeing on Twitter that Jack made sure Katie Hopkins children were looked after (money wise) after their court case.

I think it was more a clause that the kids wouldn’t suffer as a result of the insolvency agreement. Not elaborated on.

Katie paid out 107k in legal costs.

Reactions: 5
Someone mentioned her accounts have finally been filed with companies house.
Does anyone understand what the documents actually mean?
Sorry, I can’t find the post that referred to it now. 😬

Reactions: 5
Ooosh that was some catch-up 🤯!! My points are:

Is she back on Twitter yet?

I thought from the ad she looked much more polished. As one would expect from someone who has a bit of live TV work under her belt 🙄. @Nonnymouse have they spoken to you about getting a chance to go on?

I shaved my legs tonight, first time in ages. My son was rubbing his hand up and down by shin earlier like he was patting a dog 😂

@MancBee I couldn’t quote your post from the last thread but I would describe JM as “all the gear and nae idea” 😂

Anvhovy and banana pizza, I mean WTF? Gives me the heave just thinking about it.

Like you other fine people, I think it’s shameful her jumping onto Marcus Rashford and all he’s done. There are a million good causes, she really could do her own but there’s no fun in helping anyone but yourself eh

@colouredlines your song is amazeballs 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What’s the name for the thing that jack does, where she says she does so much, so many good things, and then people parrot back to her that she’s so good and kind and giving - despite no actual evidence that she’s ever done anything that hasn’t been for her won ends. It’s like a bluff, mixed with reverse gaslighting.
It's sort of like The Emperor's New Clothes - all pretending to be convinced about something and reassuring each other, when they all know there is no proof. Like a self fulfilling prophesy.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
What’s the name for the thing that jack does, where she says she does so much, so many good things, and then people parrot back to her that she’s so good and kind and giving - despite no actual evidence that she’s ever done anything that hasn’t been for her won ends. It’s like a bluff, mixed with reverse gaslighting.
Maybe self-aggrandising? Not sure that totally encapsulates the behaviour though.

Reactions: 4
I wanted to come out of lurking to say I'm really engrossed by these threads (only on #12! 😥)

I discovered Jack via Twitter and found her to be...distinct...👀 I stumbled across Tattle one day and the rest is history: came for the critique, stayed for the banter (and recipes). Thanks for all the laughs so far!

Back to #12 I go...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Had a few hours off and had to Grunka catch up. Had some great news today, hubby been on a hospital waiting list for ages for pain management, assumed he wouldn't be seen for many months yet due to lockdown backlog, got a phone call today to book him in for next week🥳 just wanted to share and also that when Jack goes on about her many conditions, it absolutely infuriates me. She is completely transparent. The gp had prescribed a 4th pain relief med yesterday as the other 3 are no longer strong enough but if she does read here, it will be elevenerrife😡

• Heart
Reactions: 57
It's the 1980s all over again.

I was telling my kids about that the other week, Dragon. Much as they hated the idea of tuna & banana pizza, by far the worst but was when I had to go back and re-explain what “The Yellow Pages” was all about 😳

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Was it someone here who alerted us to the Facebook group ‘Italians mad at food’? They would def be mad at banana pizza.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Had a few hours off and had to Grunka catch up. Had some great news today, hubby been on a hospital waiting list for ages for pain management, assumed he wouldn't be seen for many months yet due to lockdown backlog, got a phone call today to book him in for next week🥳 just wanted to share and also that when Jack goes on about her many conditions, it absolutely infuriates me. She is completely transparent. The gp had prescribed a 4th pain relief med yesterday as the other 3 are no longer strong enough but if she does read here, it will be elevenerrife😡
Great news!

Maybe self-aggrandising? Not sure that totally encapsulates the behaviour though.
a circle jerk. A bit of an americanism, but Jack likes them.

Was it someone here who alerted us to the Facebook group ‘Italians mad at food’? They would def be mad at banana pizza.
It honestly turns my stomach, that pic. When i’m up all hours of the night I like to kill time looking at we hate plates, there are some absolute howlers on there. Not the food but the presentation.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry to bring this up again (not actually sorry) BUT if she's lost 2.5 stone (yeah, right 🙄) and she isn't particularly happy with it, then WHY IS SHE USING A SLIMMING TOOL on her photos? 🙄 We've seen it. We know she used it. On her hips.

I'm off for a little catch up 👋🏼.

06-13-05.03.30.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Hmmm. Seems a little unlikely. They lost their home, so how exactly was Jack going to make that right?
I’ll confess I have mixed feelings about the Monroe v Hopkins case. Yes Katie Hopkins is a monster, anyone who can read knows that. However, the offending tweets in the Monroe case were NOT racist/right wing/offensive in the ways we usually associate with Hopkins. It was simply a case of mistaken identity (implied) - she suggested Jack “might” have vandalised a war memorial, when the perpetrator was someone else. If Katie were to be “brought down”, as it were, I’d have preferred it to be for one of her ACTUALLY offensive or racist tweets. Then a point would truly have been made.
That said, the judgement itself makes criticisms on both sides, including very much on Jack’s (it particularly criticises her for revelling in taunting Katie, and for mass-deleting tweets which might otherwise have been admitted as evidence) and is worth a read if you are interested. The judgement IN NO WAY paints Jack as a white knight.
However, the blue-ticks are wetting themselves about this judgement as if it was some great victory against racist speech. But it definitely wasn’t that, as they would know if they had read the judgement itself.
The damages awarded to Jack (£24,000) were actually pretty minimal for a case of this sort. The killer was the legal costs which Katie was ordered to pay (both her own and Jack’s), which were rumoured to be around £300,000.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.